Season 21/22 - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Two more injuries for aberdeen today.

I've only watched from minute 50 onwards but Scott Brown has been the best player on the park

Hearts should be down to ten men, walker should've been sent off.

Game over, 1 each.

Madden is an absolute shite ref, he should have booked at least 2Ā hearts players in the 1st half, maybe shites the wrong word & corrupt is probably a better description šŸ¤¬

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/9/2021 at 7:27 PM, killiefaetheferry said:

Not seeing much comment on here about this issue. Thoughts? It would be a disaster if we lost the sponsor.

Rangers won their challenge to the SPFL in the Court of Session today. SPFL tied to exclude Parks of Hamilton from the arbitration on the Cinch deal thingy. Second time in 12 months the Court has pulled up the SPFL for not following their own rules...Ā 

15 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Rangers won their challenge to the SPFL in the Court of Session today. SPFL tied to exclude Parks of Hamilton from the arbitration on the Cinch deal thingy. Second time in 12 months the Court has pulled up the SPFL for not following their own rules...Ā 

Rangers won fuck all. Parks of Hamilton got a ruling that they had been excluded from arbitration in contravention of the rules. Confirmation that Donald is the fly in the ointment. Curioser and curiouser...down the rabbit hole we go šŸ¤Ŗ

'Someone is going to be embarrassed' - analysis

BBC Sport Scotland's chief football writer Tom English

Rangers believe they gave the SPFL due notice that they couldn't honour the Cinch deal because they had an existing commercial arrangement with the Park's Motor Group which gave them exclusivity inside Ibrox. They said they told that to the SPFL, to chief executive Neil Doncaster, but that the deal went ahead anyway.Ā 

It's about that contract Rangers have with Park's. What's in it? Rangers are utterly convinced after checking with lawyer after lawyer that they are in the right. The SPFL are convinced they are in the right. So somebody is wrong and somebody is going to be embarrassed by this.

It's a bit of a bloody nose for the Scottish FA. But I think the bigger picture is its Rangers and the governance of the SPFL, and the Cinch thing is the vehicle that might - in Rangers view - possibly remove Doncaster.

37 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Andy considine has had cruciate surgery on his knee. Out till after Christmas at least.

Gutted for him, a true professional and good guy

Thatā€™s what happens when you play on a badly ploughed field šŸ¤¬

On 8/21/2021 at 12:07 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I do not think St.Mirren are a diddy team. My issue is that the huns had a ticket allocation for Celtic supporters, and then pulled the plug. Trying to say Celtic will do the same is nonsense. They are shitting themselves...

Aye, fucking terrified!Ā 

Oh, I almost forgotā€¦ā€¦

ā€¦.BOOOOOMMMM!!!!!

7 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Lots of rumours that Killie are signing Oli Shaw and Jamie Gullan on permanent deals. Anyone seen them play? We certainly need a couple of strikers. Neither broken through in the top league. A chance to play regularly and score goals in the Championship?

Oli Shaw certainly looked a prospect as a Hibs youngster. Has 16 top league goals to his name so a decent pedigree too.

Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

Have to question the Aberdeen line-up today.

Too many midfielders.

Too much overlapping of roles.

Should have gone three at the back with Bates starting and pushed the loons down the flanks.

Motherwell were solid and did what they had to.

Dons attempts were all straight at Kelly (but he had a very good game regardless).

Not had that feeling at a game of football in what feels like years...I was still buzzing hours after the kick off, watched the game on Alba and watched the Sportscene highlights. The wife wasn't impressed at all.

Ā 

It was said on sportscene that the sheep had 75% possession and it certainly felt that way. This looks like a clear instruction from the manager to allow the other team to have the ball, let them huff and puff and we attempt to hit on the counter. It was evident against both Hibs and Dundee tooĀ  At times its really difficult to watch, but who can argue with the results?

Ā 

The defence was essentially 4 centre backs today, before Lamie came onto make it 5, and that is going to be difficult for any side to breakdown. Ojala was excellent, Solholm looks like a good capture and the two full backs did fine. While a special mention for Kelly, who done everything asked of him...to me, he looks like a keeper that shouldn't be at our level.

Ā 

Midfield still really concerns me though, Slattery looks a top player but at times yesterday it looked like he was in Midfield himself with both OHara and Grimshaw, really chasing shadows and getting dragged out of position. Hopefully Goss, when up to speed will be the one to come in and help Slattery out.

Ā 

Up front, I've said it for ages now but Watt is an absolute joy of a player, his work rate is 2nd to none in our team and he can play football as well, he is brilliant and we need to tie him down. His partnership with crazy Dutch bastard could be quite something. I'm yet to be convinced by Woolery, he has physique and pace but I'm not seeing that fitba brain that I like fitba players to have.

Ā 

I'm in two minds on the shithousery thing...on one hand I quite enjoyed how obvious Alexander made it by whipping off his 3 forwards for 3 big units to help us defend against a side with no real know-how of how to break us done, but the constant dropping to the floor at the slightest touch and grabbing the ball on the way down is really tiresome, both teams were at it and the referee failed to nip it in the bud.

Ā 

A few other things; when the son of Derek Ferguson isn't getting pelters from the East Stand because he is so far down the bawbag list, you know that you are up against a team of fannies. How good was it to be so comfortable in beating a team with top-class arseholes like Gallagher and Brown in their ranks?...a new one to add to the list is the little bawbag rightĀ  back, who seemed to take great delight in trying to rile up our fans when his own team were getting beat.

Ā 

Tony Watt taking the Harry Hunt out of Brown was a joy to see...as was the Aberdeen fans punching each other about the South Stand. An absolutely brilliant 90 mins at Fir Park.

46 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Not had that feeling at a game of football in what feels like years...I was still buzzing hours after the kick off, watched the game on Alba and watched the Sportscene highlights. The wife wasn't impressed at all.

Ā 

It was said on sportscene that the sheep had 75% possession and it certainly felt that way. This looks like a clear instruction from the manager to allow the other team to have the ball, let them huff and puff and we attempt to hit on the counter. It was evident against both Hibs and Dundee tooĀ  At times its really difficult to watch, but who can argue with the results?

Ā 

The defence was essentially 4 centre backs today, before Lamie came onto make it 5, and that is going to be difficult for any side to breakdown. Ojala was excellent, Solholm looks like a good capture and the two full backs did fine. While a special mention for Kelly, who done everything asked of him...to me, he looks like a keeper that shouldn't be at our level.

Ā 

Midfield still really concerns me though, Slattery looks a top player but at times yesterday it looked like he was in Midfield himself with both OHara and Grimshaw, really chasing shadows and getting dragged out of position. Hopefully Goss, when up to speed will be the one to come in and help Slattery out.

Ā 

Up front, I've said it for ages now but Watt is an absolute joy of a player, his work rate is 2nd to none in our team and he can play football as well, he is brilliant and we need to tie him down. His partnership with crazy Dutch bastard could be quite something. I'm yet to be convinced by Woolery, he has physique and pace but I'm not seeing that fitba brain that I like fitba players to have.

Ā 

I'm in two minds on the shithousery thing...on one hand I quite enjoyed how obvious Alexander made it by whipping off his 3 forwards for 3 big units to help us defend against a side with no real know-how of how to break us done, but the constant dropping to the floor at the slightest touch and grabbing the ball on the way down is really tiresome, both teams were at it and the referee failed to nip it in the bud.

Ā 

A few other things; when the son of Derek Ferguson isn't getting pelters from the East Stand because he is so far down the bawbag list, you know that you are up against a team of fannies. How good was it to be so comfortable in beating a team with top-class arseholes like Gallagher and Brown in their ranks?...a new one to add to the list is the little bawbag rightĀ  back, who seemed to take great delight in trying to rile up our fans when his own team were getting beat.

Ā 

Tony Watt taking the Harry Hunt out of Brown was a joy to see...as was the Aberdeen fans punching each other about the South Stand. An absolutely brilliant 90 mins at Fir Park.

Ramsay is the aberdeen right back. Was he having a go at the fans or retaliating after receiving dogs abuse?

Ā 

Edited by vanderark14