Season 21/22 - Page 92 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Did Rangers run in Europe cost them the league and would they have swopped it ?

Malmo away then lost to Dundee Utd

Home to Lyon then drew with Motherwell

Dortmund away then drew with Dundee Utd

Home to Dortmund then drew with Motherwell

3pts out of a possible 12

Naw mate. Just outplayed, outclassed, out managed, by a legendary  Scottish football club.. Angeball !!😁

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Did Rangers run in Europe cost them the league and would they have swopped it ?

Malmo away then lost to Dundee Utd

Home to Lyon then drew with Motherwell

Dortmund away then drew with Dundee Utd

Home to Dortmund then drew with Motherwell

3pts out of a possible 12

When you look at those stats it’s hard to deny we have suffered from a bit of a Euro hangover. I also think the winter break being brought forward didn’t do us any favours as I genuinely think we’d have won the Old Firm game had it been played at the start of January as we were in good form and Celtic not so much and I think Celtic winning the rearranged game (and in some style) gave them a massive confidence boost to go on their winning run. However it’s all ifs and buts. The team that performed the best won in the end. 

To answer your question on would we have swapped it, I’ll tell you on Wednesday night! We’ll win our fair share of leagues over the next 50 years, we won’t win “another” Europa League so the result will determine whether it was worth it! 

Edited by Fairbairn

Congratulations to Celtic, Kilmarnock, Cove Rangers and Kelty Hearts for winning their respective divisions within the SPFL this season. Celtic bested one team for their title, the other three sides had significant financial advantages over the rivals they bested to win their leagues.

For Celtic, as Rangers found out this season, the real challenge is defending the Premiership title while dealing with a European run that doesn't shame your entitled fanbase - both Glasgow clubs supports are packed full of entitled pricks, my observation.

For Killie, Cove and Kelty tougher challenges lie ahead as they step up a level next season. Cove and Kelty will be fine as they are ambitious and want to progress higher. Neither will go up next season but both will consolidate in their new leagues before making a run at further promotion in 2023/24. 

As a Stenhousemuir fan I am looking forward to League Two next season. For the first time in three seasons there is not a team with their name on the title before a ball has been kicked. It's wide open. Recruitment and good management will be key for getting on a good run next season. East Fife, Dumbarton (both relegated) and Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic (promoted, pending being able to overcome Cowdenbeath on agg; currently 3-0 up going into the second leg of the trapdoor game) will mean three new sides in the division next season. All to play for.

As it will be in the other leagues, with the exception of the Premiership. It really is a poor league. Scottish football would benefit so much if the two big guns went to a Euro Super League, (as some Rangers director was discussing with media this week) leaving a competitive playing field behind. It won't happen but it would be better long term if it did.

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

When you look at those stats it’s hard to deny we have suffered from a bit of a Euro hangover. I also think the winter break being brought forward didn’t do us any favours as I genuinely think we’d have won the Old Firm game had it been played at the start of January as we were in good form and Celtic not so much and I think Celtic winning the rearranged game (and in some style) gave them a massive confidence boost to go on their winning run. However it’s all ifs and buts. The team that performed the best won in the end. 

To answer your question on would we have swapped it, I’ll tell you on Wednesday night! We’ll win our fair share of leagues over the next 50 years, we won’t win “another” Europa League so the result will determine whether it was worth it! 

Having to change the manager mid season as well would’ve had an impact at that stage as well, that’s always going to be disruptive to a extent.

interesting that earlier in the season, a number of pundits were being critical of Rangers for not strengthening the squad enough in the summer, they may have a point but they’ve all gone quiet on this following the European run. 

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

Having to change the manager mid season as well would’ve had an impact at that stage as well, that’s always going to be disruptive to a extent.

interesting that earlier in the season, a number of pundits were being critical of Rangers for not strengthening the squad enough in the summer, they may have a point but they’ve all gone quiet on this following the European run. 

To be fair they're correct, the recruitment this season has been pretty non existent.  Big summer ahead for Ross Wilson as his record so far is patchy at best.

13 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Naw mate. Just outplayed, outclassed, out managed, by a legendary  Scottish football club.. Angeball !!😁

Or outspent the entire rest of the league put together 🤣

Any punter off the street could win it with Celtic 

45 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Oh dear. Another armchair football manager..

Total transfer fee expenditure by prem clubs 2021/2022 - £28.2 million

Total transfer fee expenditure by Celtic fc 2021/2022 - £23.9 million…

Oh dear, that is embarrassing 

11 minutes ago, JECK said:

Total transfer fee expenditure by prem clubs 2021/2022 - £28.2 million

Total transfer fee expenditure by Celtic fc 2021/2022 - £23.9 million…

Oh dear, that is embarrassing 

I almost typed out a long winded post and have just realised that the £28.2M includes Celtic's £23.9M!  So the rest of the league, including Rangers, spent a total of £4.3M combined?  That's some stat.

2 hours ago, JECK said:

Or outspent the entire rest of the league put together 🤣

Any punter off the street could win it with Celtic 

So what does that say about the Rangers. Couldnae win the league against a side that Mickey Mouse could have managed apparantly.. Oh the jealousy...

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I almost typed out a long winded post and have just realised that the £28.2M includes Celtic's £23.9M!  So the rest of the league, including Rangers, spent a total of £4.3M combined?  That's some stat.

That's cuz yir mob is fuckin skint. We PAY our taxes and play by the rules.. Then again, yir club is only 10 year old..

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

That's cuz yir mob is fuckin skint. We PAY our taxes and play by the rules.. Then again, yir club is only 10 year old..

Shut the fuck up you fake Scottish cunt. “Yir” patter is fucking honking.

18 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Dear me. You can’t even win without going off on a rant about Rangers. 

Well done to Celtic for winning the league. They have turned around the mess of last season very quickly to pretty much everybodys surprise. Yes they have spent alot but they also sold alot so id imagine they will be close to breaking even. Important thing is that pretty much all of their signings have been a success bar the odd one or 2. 

Rangers didnt strengthen and suffered post xmas as has been an issue in recent years.

Hearts have done well but pretty much everybody else bar Ross County have had a poor year. Especially Aberdeen and Hibs whi should never not be in the top 6.

In League 1, Cove were excellent but pushed right to the end by Airdrie who have played some of the best football ive seen them play in years. We really deserve to go up aswell but Queens wont be easy.

Maybe the huns should have thought better of spunking £ on Aaron  ‘the tampon’ Ramsey (in one week out for three) or Amad ‘global superstar’ Diallo?

Of course Ramsey might redeem himself in Spain next week but failing that those two look like a very poor use of resources.

Edited by slasher

41 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Shut the fuck up you fake Scottish cunt. “Yir” patter is fucking honking.

Whits the matter ? Did naebdae  change yir shiity nappy the day wee yin.. Another top quality insulting comment from the TAMB top troll..

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Maybe the huns should have thought better of spunking £ on Aaron  ‘the tampon’ Ramsey (in one week out for three) or Amad ‘global superstar’ Diallo?

Of course Ramsey might redeem himself in Spain next week but failing that those two look like a very poor use of resources.

Can’t disagree with that. I’ve a feeling though that we might try and get Diallo again next season. He’s started to look more like the player we were led to believe he was and think he might come on to a game if he’s more settled next year. 

7 hours ago, slasher said:

Celtic’s net spending for this season is roughly -9m 🤣

celtic alsl have the advantage of being able to pay much more than other clubs in the league.

They won the league as they were the best team but I'm not in the same boat as others, I wasn't surprised to see them win it. I believed celtic would bounce back quite quickly. All they needed was a semi competent manager to do it.

On 5/12/2022 at 2:19 AM, Fairbairn said:

If Rangers win and I think they will, there's no comparison in terms of which season you would take. Rangers winning the europa would be the biggest achievement in almost 40 years. Anything celtic have done recently isn't even close. 

Obviously I don't want them to win it but I have two very close friends who have tickets to the europa final, I almost want Rangers to win for them..............almost🤣🤣