Season 21/22 - Page 89 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Morton the team who voted against VAR.  Apparently on the grounds that it diminishes the experience of watching the game for fans.

I'm surprised that line is still being trotted by anyone

When VAR is used correct it can enhance the experience. See the dyke goal against Israel as a prime example.

It was like cheering for two goals in quick succession, filled with emotion.

9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm surprised that line is still being trotted by anyone

When VAR is used correct it can enhance the experience. See the dyke goal against Israel as a prime example.

It was like cheering for two goals in quick succession, filled with emotion.

The key thing there being if it's used correctly.  How many times have we seen them spend 4 or 5 minutes fannying about with lines or endless replays trying to determine what actually happened.  Then there's ones like the Kent goal against Dortmund at Ibrox where they directed the ref to the screen and then only showed him one angle where other angles clearly show the goal should have stood. It has the potential to be very good but isn't up to scratch at the moment, or at least isn't being used correctly.

I think they should introduce something whereby if VAR can't determine the outcome within something like 90 seconds then the Refs decision stands.  It sucks the life out the ground when the review goes on too long, especially when he fans inside the stadium have no idea what is going on.

3 hours ago, JECK said:

How the fk can you win a game by 2 clear goals with 10 men 🤣 the league is horrific 

Other than the goal Motherwell were Murder. Never looked like troubling Rangers and wouldn’t have known there was a man difference. The boy Cornelius looks decent mind you. 

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

I think Gio has done himself a lot of favours in the last 4 games. Lots of positives. I genuinely thought we were going to lose after the first 45 minutes but we really stepped up. 

We’ve shown a lot of dig and character in the last 4 games that most people, myself included, didn’t think we had.  

28 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

We’ve shown a lot of dig and character in the last 4 games that most people, myself included, didn’t think we had.  

I've not watched any of the games but from results alone I think you have landed yourself a very good manager. I would not be surprised if you somehow sneaked the league and who knows what will happen in Europe.

15 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Other than the goal Motherwell were Murder. Never looked like troubling Rangers and wouldn’t have known there was a man difference. The boy Cornelius looks decent mind you. 

We've been horrendous all season. We were lucky enough to get some points in early in the season or else we could have been giving Dundee fans real hope. One win in 2022 and still finishing in the top 6 shows you how bad 9 of  the teams in this league are. (I may be being a bit unfair to Ross County who've turned it round well under McKay).

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Can’t believe the Livingston goalie was not sent off for decking the Aberdeen player in the box. Should have been a penalty. 

Shocker! 🥊

Immediate evidence that the VAR vote was absolutely correct. 

I see Greetinovani Cronkhorse has been criticizing some refereeing performances against sevco this season. Is this clown for real? He has had more decisions go his way than any other club in Scotland including getting fixtures moved to help his beloved sevco. Creetin !!

3 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Can’t believe the Livingston goalie was not sent off for decking the Aberdeen player in the box. Should have been a penalty. 

The worst thing about it is the ref was only 10 yards away with a perfect view of what was almost a punch, and then the prick gives Livi a foul and books the guy who was thumped 🤯🤯🤯

55 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

What's up with Aberdeen? In theory they could still sink into the playoff spot and need to play for their Premiership status. Any of the Dons fans on here worried about that happening?

Dundee at home is massive, especially with St Johnstone playing St Mirren (McRorie suspended now too!). I think our goal difference might save us in the end but the decline that started in the dying embers of McInnes's time is heading back to Mark McGhee days at this rate. Need virtually a whole new squad this summer. Hopefully get the cash for Ferguson & Ramsay to finance it.

1 hour ago, morrie21 said:

What's up with Aberdeen? In theory they could still sink into the playoff spot and need to play for their Premiership status. Any of the Dons fans on here worried about that happening?

I think we will be in the playoff.

2 hours ago, morrie21 said:

We’re playing well, but the conversion rate of shots is appalling. Dominating games, but letting in daft goals and can’t score, that’s the major problem. 

There is an awful lack of fight in the squad though, we have to beat Dundee, but I’m very worried about it.