Season 21/22 - Page 84 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Can’t believe Aberdeen only had one shot the entire game. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. 

I believe Rangers had about 20 with only 2 on target. They’ve been shot shy for a season or 2, far too much side to side to back to side etc without a penetrating forward pass, add to that confidence is as low as our league position.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Scott Brown in talks to terminate his contract with Aberdeen. He is supposedly retiring from playing

Joining Lennon in Cyprus perhaps?

I'd a funny feeling him and Goodwin wouldn't be a good mix. 🤔

1 hour ago, slasher said:

I'd a funny feeling him and Goodwin wouldn't be a good mix. 🤔

Brown and Glass are friends. Brown bought into whatever glass wanted to do and it failed. I agree, I didn't think Goodwin would want Brown as part of the coaching staff.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Bit shit for Aberdeen.  They could do with some of Brown's leadership to help get them through this dodgy spell.

I am starting to doubt his leadership, rumour is he clashed with Gooodwin after the first game, you can;t have that in the dressing room

He’s proven himself to be a bit of a flat track bully. Happy to swagger about like cock of the north when there’s no real competition but the minute things don’t go his way he jumps ship or jacks it in. I doubt we’ll such a limited player with such an impressive medal haul for a long, long time. Fair play to him I suppose…

12 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

He’s proven himself to be a bit of a flat track bully. Happy to swagger about like cock of the north when there’s no real competition but the minute things don’t go his way he jumps ship or jacks it in. I doubt we’ll such a limited player with such an impressive medal haul for a long, long time. Fair play to him I suppose…

All about opinions of course but...... this is is patent nonsense. To be fair you're probably only amplifying the views of the entire Rangers support, so extra staunch points this week. 👍

2 hours ago, slasher said:

All about opinions of course but...... this is is patent nonsense. To be fair you're probably only amplifying the views of the entire Rangers support, so extra staunch points this week. 👍

Cheers. Good to know I’ve made up the ones I lost for my trainers collection. 👍🏻

Late winner for Saints tonight, only 1 point separating 6 teams in the race for top 6 with 2 games to go before the split. 

Another strange stat, JG never lost a league game in 2022 with St Mirren, yet hasn’t won one with Aberdeen.

Funny old game. 

Edited by Jersey Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Hibs are murder, really bad. Done nothing the whole game, was good to bring Maloney down a peg or two. Really well played from Aberdeen today, dominated that game from start to finish. 

Disappointing to see a ball of some description thrown at an Aberdeen player from the away end when they scored, not sure if it was a golf ball or not, but could’ve caused some damage, as well as the standard smoke bomb now 🙄

Edited by dandydunn

Someone is going to miss the top 6 by a baw hair. The shepherds goal difference might work for them even though they are still 10th.

We looked better again today and with Kyogo imminent optimism is high but all these games are going to be hard, every single one of them. 

13 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Hibs are murder, really bad. Done nothing the whole game, was good to bring Maloney down a peg or two. Really well played from Aberdeen today, dominated that game from start to finish. 

Disappointing to see a ball of some description thrown at an Aberdeen player from the away end when they scored, not sure if it was a golf ball or not, but could’ve caused some damage, as well as the standard smoke bomb now 🙄

Maloney doesn't think Porteous shoudvle been sent off 🤣🤣

Great to see Watkins and Considine back in the squad too. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Maloney doesn't think Porteous shoudvle been sent off 🤣🤣

Great to see Watkins and Considine back in the squad too. 

Before the game, it was mentioned to him about Hibs winning 1 in 10 and Aberdeen 0 in 10, so they were probably quite similar. He said something along the lines of Hibs being nowhere near Aberdeen this season as they were in 4th place and apparently cruising, I hope someone asked him the same thing after the game too 🤣

I thought Maloney was a very good choice for Hibs, young, intelligent, well spoken, creative, but he looks utter shite at the moment, and full of the usual nonsense cliches.

Edited by kumnio