Season 21/22 - Page 79 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I’d be looking at Jim Goodwin if I was Cormack. Or perhaps Lennon to team up with Brown……

Doesn’t matter who it is, they’ll be sacked within 18 months/2 years, as long there’s no meaningful investment in the playing staff. Won’t be long till the hearts fans are rounding on Neilson again. 

1 hour ago, JECK said:

Doesn’t matter who it is, they’ll be sacked within 18 months/2 years, as long there’s no meaningful investment in the playing staff.

And as long as Cormack carries on in the same manner!

Glass himself isn't the issue. He should never have been appointed in the first place and therein lies the real problem. Unless the root cause isn't addressed things won't improve.

5 hours ago, JECK said:

Doesn’t matter who it is, they’ll be sacked within 18 months/2 years, as long there’s no meaningful investment in the playing staff. Won’t be long till the hearts fans are rounding on Neilson again. 

It always amazes me that Aberdeen with all the success under Fergie and being the oil capital of UK still has a record transfer fee of less than a million quid from quarter of a century ago.

2 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

It always amazes me that Aberdeen with all the success under Fergie and being the oil capital of UK still has a record transfer fee of less than a million quid from quarter of a century ago.

Oil money means nothing. It doesn’t stay in Aberdeen. 

Not sure it’s how it’s amazing, who else has spent £1,000,000 on a player in Scottish football?

St johnstone got their tactics spot on tonight. Waste time and feign injury at every opportunity. This frustrated aberdeen who failed to break them down.

Conor Barron and the new Dutch lad were very good. Ferguson did a good job filling in at the back. Small signs of encouragement IMO.

Edited by vanderark14

16 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

St johnstone got their tactics spot on tonight. Waste time and feign injury at every opportunity. This frustrated aberdeen who failed to break them down.

Conor Barron and the new Dutch lad were very good. Ferguson did a good job filling in at the back. Small signs of encouragement IMO.

Vinny should have started.

We can hardly afford to have someone that talented and creative on the bench.

3 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Vinny should have started.

We can hardly afford to have someone that talented and creative on the bench.

Vinny and Barron can unlock a defence, they both proved that last night. Watkins was out only real creator but now we've got the two youngsters. Whoever gets the managers gig is getting a better team than some might think

18 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Dundee sack McPake. Signs players in January beat Hearts away followed by 3-0 win in Scottish Cup gets the boot in middle of February wtf?

I know he's not been overly popular but I thought it seemed a strange time to bin him too when they've been showing a bit of form.

I see the Bodo/Glimt manager has refused an approach from Aberdeen too.

McPake has been due the sack for a very long time, but the timing of this could be viewed as being a bit strange from the outside. The results in the 4 games before Hearts should have seen him gone, beating Hearts was good, but the cup 3-0 win was a travesty really, Peterhead were far better than that scoreline.

McPake seems a decent enough guy, but is never a manager, Id be surprised to see him ever be given another opportunity to work as a manager, he might be a coach somewhere, but that's his limit.

Now to wonder what clusterfuck John Nelms will appoint next. Id guess that we will have someone in place very soon, probably already agreed.

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

McPake has been due the sack for a very long time, but the timing of this could be viewed as being a bit strange from the outside. The results in the 4 games before Hearts should have seen him gone, beating Hearts was good, but the cup 3-0 win was a travesty really, Peterhead were far better than that scoreline.

McPake seems a decent enough guy, but is never a manager, Id be surprised to see him ever be given another opportunity to work as a manager, he might be a coach somewhere, but that's his limit.

Now to wonder what clusterfuck John Nelms will appoint next. Id guess that we will have someone in place very soon, probably already agreed.

Mark McGhee?

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Mark McGhee?

Looking like it.

Not often there's complete agreement about anything, but there's 100% anger, disgust and contempt at this. John Nelms is a fucking moron, that's the politest thing that I can say about him, but he is being advised by the poison dwarf Gordon Strachan, and they can both fuck fight off. Mark McGhee is a dinosaur who was past his sell by date 15 years ago.

If they appoint him, whatever fans are left at Dens will be creating a toxic atmosphere. I wont be back, and I know dozens more who are the same. In the last hour WhatsApp group chats have went mental. The Yanks can stick this up their arse, they are clueless beyond belief, an absolute shower of fucking cunts.

Supporting Dundee is never fun, its constantly shite, but FFS, this is a new low, even for us.

Horrific language, but this is fucking disgusting.

10 hours ago, kumnio said:

Perhaps Dundee are boxing clever here, if JG goes to Aberdeen it would obviously be a big blow for us Saints fans, but if he was replaced by Jack Ross then we’d be reasonably happy.

Could Dundee be ahead of the game here and appoint Ross before Aberdeen appoint a new manager? 

8 hours ago, kumnio said:

Looking like it.

Not often there's complete agreement about anything, but there's 100% anger, disgust and contempt at this. John Nelms is a fucking moron, that's the politest thing that I can say about him, but he is being advised by the poison dwarf Gordon Strachan, and they can both fuck fight off. Mark McGhee is a dinosaur who was past his sell by date 15 years ago.

If they appoint him, whatever fans are left at Dens will be creating a toxic atmosphere. I wont be back, and I know dozens more who are the same. In the last hour WhatsApp group chats have went mental. The Yanks can stick this up their arse, they are clueless beyond belief, an absolute shower of fucking cunts.

Supporting Dundee is never fun, its constantly shite, but FFS, this is a new low, even for us.

Horrific language, but this is fucking disgusting.

Wow

This could be the worst appointment in Scottish football history, no exaggeration either.

I feel for any club who gets mcghee. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Wow

This could be the worst appointment in Scottish football history, no exaggeration either.

I feel for any club who gets mcghee. 

Butcher at the Hibernians will take some beating, agreed on McGhee tho. What a boot in the balls for Dundee fans