Season 21/22 - Page 67 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Tonights starting 11 tells you everything you need to know about Rangers attitude to youth development.

At home to a side in the bottom half of our bottom league yet not young player. Instead opting for Simpson who is rumoured to be moving back south soon and nowhere near good enough, Barker who has never and will never be good enough and the rest being genuine 1st team players.

If guys like King cant get a start in a game like this then there is zero point him being at the club.

For once, I agree with rangers 100%. 

Treat every game the same and play the strongest possible team, regardless of opposition. 

Fans are paying to watch rangers, not rangers u-18’s. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Treat every game the same and play the strongest possible team, regardless of opposition. 

There are games in every season where rotation is required for a number of reasons. Not least allowing young players to get some experience.

Starting your captain, vice captain, 5 other internationalists and no young prospects against a part time team who are in bottom half of the lowest division is embarrassing.

Young player comes on due to injury and makes an impact.  Much more benefit to see how a player like that performs than the likes of Barker and Simpson who have no future at the club.

27 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Disagree, any fan paying to see rangers v Stirling would 100% be expecting to see some youngsters in a game like this. 

3 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

VAR won’t much difference, probably be a Colum, Beaton or Madden sitting in the remote room making the calls 🤯

I get what you are saying but when the replay gets played over and over umpteen times it won't be so easy for them to make excuses and make the wrong call, I would love to see VAR in Scotland.

52 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

There are games in every season where rotation is required for a number of reasons. Not least allowing young players to get some experience.

Starting your captain, vice captain, 5 other internationalists and no young prospects against a part time team who are in bottom half of the lowest division is embarrassing.

Young player comes on due to injury and makes an impact.  Much more benefit to see how a player like that performs than the likes of Barker and Simpson who have no future at the club.

50 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Disagree, any fan paying to see rangers v Stirling would 100% be expecting to see some youngsters in a game like this. 

It would very quickly turn into the cup competitions in England. 

The opposition dont want to play kids either, this could very well be a once in a life time opportunity for many of them, they want to play international footballers and complete their dreams too. 

34 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

It would very quickly turn into the cup competitions in England. 

The opposition dont want to play kids either, this could very well be a once in a life time opportunity for many of them, they want to play international footballers and complete their dreams too. 

Theres a difference between playing a team full of kids against a fellow premiership team and playing 2 or 3 youth prospects against a part time side in the bottom tier at home.

I guarentee that fans would enjoy watching Lowry and King over Simpson and Barker tonight.

9 hours ago, Redz said:

Keep this up and they'd be as well moving to the East End and playing in Green & White Hoops! 🙄

It's mad that two clubs who between them have won every single league championship contested in Scotland over past three and a half decades are both equally convinced that there's some sort of establishment campaign being waged against them.  🤣

Edited by scotlad

7 hours ago, scotlad said:

It's mad that two clubs who between them have won every single league championship contested in Scotland over past three and a half decades are both equally convinced that there's some sort of establishment campaign being waged against them.  🤣

Yep - It's playground behaviour 

3 hours ago, Redz said:

Tone was set from the start - St Mirren wanted it more

As bad as anything under McInnes, and that takes some fukin doing!

Passing was honking all night long. Just glad I was in Glasgow and never travelled all the way down for it. JET is useless, second touch is constantly a tackle. 

15 hours ago, dandydunn said:

That was fucking disgraceful from Aberdeen tonight 😡

We got what we deserved.

Worst game from Campbell in a red shirt.

JET for Hedges when we're chasing a goal?

The clearout has been spot on so far.

(We just need to keep it going.)

15 hours ago, dandydunn said:

That was fucking disgraceful from Aberdeen tonight 😡

Game was awful, as someone mentioned I think we just wanted it a little bit more.

Only bit of quality in the whole game made the difference.

Odd season for St Mirren, only lost 7 of our 22 league games but too many draws.

Plus only 2 home league victories (both against the Dons).

Aberdeen must be the most frustrating team to support, better team against Rangers twice this season, then turn in a honking performance like that next time out. 

57 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Game was awful, as someone mentioned I think we just wanted it a little bit more.

Only bit of quality in the whole game made the difference.

Odd season for St Mirren, only lost 7 of our 22 league games but too many draws.

Plus only 2 home league victories (both against the Dons).

Aberdeen must be the most frustrating team to support, better team against Rangers twice this season, then turn in a honking performance like that next time out. 

Correct. Decent attendance I thought, what’s the capacity there, would recommend it was at about 70/75% full for home fans, the wee group at the corner never really stopped all night either, good to see from the youngsters taking a bit of pride in their town instead of automatically going into Glasgow. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Just over that,

ironically I think 3 out of our 6 biggest attendances since we moved into the stadium has been against Killie, once against Dundee Utd and one each old Firm, sort of blows out of the water the nobody can survive without  “Blue and Green” pound nonsense.

I think Killie could have sold they’re allocation 3 times over when you had a good season under SC a few years back. ( loads sneaking into the home end that day lol ) 

Edited by Jersey Jim

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I’m sure they reported an attendance of just over 3000. There’s no way there was 5000 empty seats last night, or I had a terrible view of the sides. They looked quite full, behind the goals was more sparse.