Season 21/22 - Page 64 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

True, Aberdeen fans would still sing about it decades on though. 

The ones that do, 99% of them get shouted down at away games from us older ones, but you’re right, it’ll be in full flow tomorrow by people that weren’t born and still say rangers died, so they’ll sing a sing about a player of a team we’re not even playing. 

Confused and moronic doesn’t even begin to describe those clowns. 

38 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

The ones that do, 99% of them get shouted down at away games from us older ones, but you’re right, it’ll be in full flow tomorrow by people that weren’t born and still say rangers died, so they’ll sing a sing about a player of a team we’re not even playing. 

Confused and moronic doesn’t even begin to describe those clowns. 

but it is the same supporters and that who they are trying to wind up.  I am not justifying the song or the singing of it but I know why they sing it. 

If I am honest I don;t see the song being in the same league as some of the other stuff on the terraces

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Two wrongs don't make a right though. 

Insensitive yes, but wrong / illegal  ?

Terraces are full of insensitive songs

Personally I'd rather see the folk singing racist, bigoted and homophobic renditions thrown out of their respective clubs

Too many forward players lose all self belief when playing the Old Firm. Was the same with Hibs last night. Defence soak up pressure then get it forward and the attackers / wingers are far too happy to turn back rather than going at their man or trying to make something happen.

Just now, Diamond Scot said:

Too many forward players lose all self belief when playing the Old Firm. Was the same with Hibs last night. Defence soak up pressure then get it forward and the attackers / wingers are far too happy to turn back rather than going at their man or trying to make something happen.

Aberdeen have hit the Post and had plenty of balls into the box where Ramirez was in a good position. The crossing has been the problem

20 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

If I'm honest I'm already bored watching this

Grown men throwing themselves to the floor and rolling about like bairns having a tantrum. It's embarrassing to watch

Agree.

Separately, I am watching on red tv instead of sky sports. Is the sectarian chanting coming through loud and clear on that too, or is it turned down for the bigger audience? Do the police even do anything about it, or am I being a bit naive there?

Edited by Duncan Blackheart