Season 21/22 - Page 59 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just now, Stu101 said:

Never said it wasn't. Just said the league rules are fair for each team at the start of the season, otherwise you get FIFA on your back. They shouldnt be changed.

Well I'm sure the people will be in touch with FIFA.

The league had a vote, it went against rangers, its jot ideal but They have to suck it up.

I'm glad the vote went the way it did. My own club stood to lose a lot of money, they may still lose that money but this gives a chance to stop that from happening. I honestly couldn't give less of a fuck about the Old Firm and their title race. Give it a few months and there will be another drama but it will be celtic on the receiving end

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

During a global pandemic, I have no problem with decisions being business decisions. 

So you would have no problem with Bale and Ramsey being available when previous suspended or injured against us in March? I would, especially if Wales put forward the proposal.

2 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

So you would have no problem with Bale and Ramsey being available when previous suspended or injured against us in March? I would, especially if Wales put forward the proposal.

The situation you describe is hardly the same and you know it

It's fuckinh hilarious the lengths you go to when it comes to Rangers...... Airdrie fan my arse

Would an empty Cardiff stadium impact Wales ability to sign players next season?🤣🤣

Edited by vanderark14

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Well I'm sure the people will be in touch with FIFA.

The league had a vote, it went against rangers, its jot ideal but They have to suck it up.

I'm glad the vote went the way it did. My own club stood to lose a lot of money, they may still lose that money but this gives a chance to stop that from happening. I honestly couldn't give less of a fuck about the Old Firm and their title race. Give it a few months and there will be another drama but it will be celtic on the receiving end

As I said above, clubs will always vote in their best interests. It is what it is, just fucks with the integretary of the league.

1 minute ago, Stu101 said:

As I said above, clubs will always vote in their best interests. It is what it is, just fucks with the integretary of the league.

I think we can both agree any integrity this league had went out the fucking window ages ago, thats if it ever had any in the first place.

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Just seems strange that we can play games on Sunday, but not Wednesday 

As has been said, the decision is financial. There agreed to Sunday's games going on but pulled the winter break forward in the hope the big Derby matches can be played in front of crowds 

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The situation you describe is hardly the same and you know it

It's fuckinh hilarious the lengths you go to when it comes to Rangers...... Airdrie fan my arse

Would an empty Cardiff stadium impact Wales ability to sign players next season?🤣🤣

How is it different? If Wales requested that the game was posponed to allow fans in but as a net result their main players would be fit / available again. You would be raging and righly so.

I think you will find that I started off my view stressing that St Mirren are being shafted more than anybody with regards to tonights game.

I know some ppl find it hard to believe but you can defend an injustice without being a Rangers or Celtic fan in disguise.

Football either has to be fair or not. You are one of the 1st to blast the old firm for looking after themselves etc but you are happy to do so when it comes to your own club. Thats called being a hypocrite.

My club is continuing to play and will no doubt finish 4th before losing in the play offs as usual so I have no vested interest in the top flight.

25 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I’m utterly amazed that Omicron is safe on the 26th, but not the 29th 🤣🤣

If games are to be cancelled, cancel them all now, or dont cancel at all, just another reason why our league is a laughing stock. 

It’s going on it’s three week winter break at the same time at the premiership .

don’t forget the various versions of the virus have always behaved differently in scotland as we have been told in the past.

Edited by DAVIDB46

5 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

How is it different? If Wales requested that the game was posponed to allow fans in but as a net result their main players would be fit / available again. You would be raging and righly so.

I think you will find that I started off my view stressing that St Mirren are being shafted more than anybody with regards to tonights game.

I know some ppl find it hard to believe but you can defend an injustice without being a Rangers or Celtic fan in disguise.

Football either has to be fair or not. You are one of the 1st to blast the old firm for looking after themselves etc but you are happy to do so when it comes to your own club. Thats called being a hypocrite.

My club is continuing to play and will no doubt finish 4th before losing in the play offs as usual so I have no vested interest in the top flight.

I'm not just thinking of my club, I was thinking of the whole game losing money, especially the smaller clubs. I used aberdeen as an example because I know how much they would lose from one game during Christmas.

So shove your hypocrite comment up yer arse. Try not being a condescending wank for once 

Edited by vanderark14

I'm not just thinking of my club, I was thinking of the whole game losing money, especially the smaller clubs. So shove your hypocrite comment up yer arse. Try not being a condescending wank for once 

You have posted above you couldnt give a fuck about the old firm and that your basing your decision on the fact your own club stand to lose alot of money so hardly thinking about the game as a whole. What about St Mirren tonight? They are a non old firm club. Wheres the uproar about them having to play tonight.

You were the 1st to start chucking accusations around. Somebody stands up for Rangers, must be a Rangers fan, I will be a Celtic fan in a few weeks when I stand up for them. If being able to look at things objectively makes me a wank then so be it.

1 minute ago, Diamond Scot said:

You have posted above you couldnt give a fuck about the old firm and that your basing your decision on the fact your own club stand to lose alot of money so hardly thinking about the game as a whole. What about St Mirren tonight? They are a non old firm club. Wheres the uproar about them having to play tonight.

You were the 1st to start chucking accusations around. Somebody stands up for Rangers, must be a Rangers fan, I will be a Celtic fan in a few weeks when I stand up for them. If being able to look at things objectively makes me a wank then so be it.

No your a wank because of your condescending posts.

What would you like me to say about St mirren? They've been shafted. Most of your uproar is centered around Rangers not St mirren.

No your a wank because of your condescending posts.

What would you like me to say about St mirren? They've been shafted. Most of your uproar is centered around Rangers not St mirren.

Ive consistently mentioned St Mirren since the topic started however others have only wanted to discuss Rangers so thats what ive responded to.

You will excuse me if I dont lose sleep on being called a wank. 

The decisions been made now anyway so we will see how it plays out. Id be surprised if all games proceed with fans for the rest of the season.

On 12/21/2021 at 8:44 PM, Stu101 said:

If the break is moved forward, then the Old Firm is the played when Aribo, Bassey and Balgoun are at the African Cup of Nations, but just before Kyogo and Rogic would fly out to play China (i think?) and Vietnam.

But, of course, Its about the fans.

(for the avoidance of doubt, if Rangers had a chance to gain an advanatage like this, we would absolutely be arguing for it too).

Kyogo and rogic would be a bigger loss

3 hours ago, Stu101 said:

because in terms of the proposal, we would be the only team to lose more than one player to the Africa Cup of Nations. The game would be played before the January international break.

If you are not losing players, then, of course, you wouldnt be fussed.

Then play more Scottish players for a change.

St Mirren did great, they did all they could in the circumstances.

Too much tippy tappy pish from us tonight. I've given up on Mikey Johnston. File him in the same drawer as Mackay Steven etc etc 

I've given the manager total support so far but what he sees in Johnston is a mystery to me and he was way too slow in making changes tonight. 

Edited by slasher