Season 21/22 - Page 55 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I thought he would do well for you guys. Don’t like him as a person, but thought he’d get results. 

After 10 bosses in 10 years I hoped Wright might be the man to bring a bit of managerial stability, but it was a hugely disappointing tenure.

The football has been absolutely rancid, if it hadn't been for his connections bringing Kyle Lafferty in we wouldn't even have got a play-off last season.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Seriously, what went wrong with Wright?

It isn't as though Killie aren't in the mix for the play-offs.

So what gave?

When he took over Killie were 9th in the Premier, there was little evidence of a new manager bounce and we finished 11th, losing a play-off in abject fashion to Dundee.

Some slack was cut due to the squad issues he inherited. I also think Killie suffered from the lack of supporters last season, particularly away from home.

However he was given a clean slate to totally rebuild the team over the summer but the new additions haven't really cut it at all. Goalkeeper is the only area where there's been an improvement. 

So far this season a win and a draw in eight games against our promotion rivals is an absolutely dreadful record for a club with the highest budget in the league. Our midfield is very weak and any team that can press aggressively will beat us, usually by scoring first as we seem incapable of equalising at the moment. 

10 hours ago, Toepoke said:

When he took over Killie were 9th in the Premier, there was little evidence of a new manager bounce and we finished 11th, losing a play-off in abject fashion to Dundee.

Some slack was cut due to the squad issues he inherited. I also think Killie suffered from the lack of supporters last season, particularly away from home.

However he was given a clean slate to totally rebuild the team over the summer but the new additions haven't really cut it at all. Goalkeeper is the only area where there's been an improvement. 

So far this season a win and a draw in eight games against our promotion rivals is an absolutely dreadful record for a club with the highest budget in the league. Our midfield is very weak and any team that can press aggressively will beat us, usually by scoring first as we seem incapable of equalising at the moment. 

Oli Shaw with 8 goals is a decent return. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Sports events in wales to be played behind closed doors from boxing day

Let’s hope we at least get Boxing Day. Been looking forward to the game for a long time, missed it last year, always one of the best days out, but it looks like a cheese & wine business meeting for my 40th on the 28th 😆

36 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Let’s hope we at least get Boxing Day. Been looking forward to the game for a long time, missed it last year, always one of the best days out, but it looks like a cheese & wine business meeting for my 40th on the 28th 😆

I was meant to be at Pittodrie on the 29th for the first time in a long time but I don't hold much hope now.