Season 21/22 - Page 39 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, slasher said:

Really poor stuff from Madden sending off Ojo there, fuckin abysmal. I think the fan thinks he's barged or clipped the ball boy unnecessarily but I'm making excuses for him now, fuck him! 

I have to disagree there. I’ve spent most of last night “discussing” this on Twitter and Facebook, where 99.9% of people refuse to see Ojo walking further up the steps to confront the fan than where he was pushed from. It’s a bookable offence I’m afraid. 

Yes, most of us would’ve reacted worse than that and lamped the boy, but as a professional footballer, he simply can’t do what he did, no matter how much he was provoked. 

Correct decision unfortunately for me, if he just wakes back into the park after being pushed, he wouldn’t of been sent off, not them anyway, probably would’ve been later, just to even things up 😉

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

I have to disagree there. I’ve spent most of last night “discussing” this on Twitter and Facebook, where 99.9% of people refuse to see Ojo walking further up the steps to confront the fan than where he was pushed from. It’s a bookable offence I’m afraid. 

Yes, most of us would’ve reacted worse than that and lamped the boy, but as a professional footballer, he simply can’t do what he did, no matter how much he was provoked. 

Correct decision unfortunately for me, if he just wakes back into the park after being pushed, he wouldn’t of been sent off, not them anyway, probably would’ve been later, just to even things up 😉

In this instance madden should've assessed the situation. If he was a reasonable person he couldve let ojo away with a warning and asked the stewards to remove the scum bag from the terraces

50 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

In this instance madden should've assessed the situation. If he was a reasonable person he couldve let ojo away with a warning and asked the stewards to remove the scum bag from the terraces

When has Madden ever been reasonable when reffing Aberdeen, would he have done the same to Aribo or Davis 🤔

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

In this instance the problem is the law and not the referee, he's acted correctly in giving a second yellow.   

The supporter needs to be prosecuted and should face a length stadium ban, absolutely no call for what he did.

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

After seeing the video, I agree.

Its one of these where the decision is absolutely correct, but entirely wrong at the same time.

15 minutes ago, kumnio said:

After seeing the video, I agree.

Its one of these where the decision is absolutely correct, but entirely wrong at the same time.

Don’t think many people would have shown as much restraint as Ojo, most would huv lamped the fat prick.

As per another post - very difficult to see it accurately, but the ball boy seems to put his hands up to protect his head as Ojo appears to put his hand up in the boys' direction (to break his fall/impact?). The guy in the crowd reacts in a flash. As a reaction to Ojo making contact with the kid? The guy was angry and wasn't backing down when Ojo came back to him. 

22 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

The difference in the two cases is that Tavernier has been attacked on the pitch, or track at least and there’s nothing between him and the assailant.   There’s a barrier in Ojo’s case.  Tavernier could be considered to be defending himself, Ono isn’t. 

Huge sympathy for Ojo and I hope they throw the book a5 the Dundee Utd supporter. 

1 hour ago, Redz said:

Regardless of where it took place, or the provocation, Tavernier lifts his hands to the guy - Yellow card based on yesterday's example

As others have said, Ojo's was a second yellow too

I think Tavernier & Ojo have a right to defend themselves, neither player was the aggressor or tried to incite anyone & if it happened in the street would be fully entitled to react aggressively against their assailants to defend themselves. Dundee Utd & the police need to have a good look at themselves for the time it took them to remove the thug.

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

I think Tavernier & Ojo have a right to defend themselves, neither player was the aggressor or tried to incite anyone & if it happened in the street would be fully entitled to react aggressively against their assailants to defend themselves. Dundee Utd & the police need to have a good look at themselves for the time it took them to remove the thug.

Tend to agree, although I was simply highlighting that both are identical under the 'rules' 

Sadly one was, and one wasn't though

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59366122

and rightly so

I had the misfortune to catch some of the build up to today's game on Sportsound. I couldn't work out whether Billy Dodds and Kenny Miller were taking about the Rangers or Real Madrid. 'They're going to be some team' apparently 😳

I won't be tuning in again if that's standard fare. What did the huns ban them for? Going overboard with the gushing tributes. 

The final should be a cracker! 👍

2 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

did anyone see the young kid to the left throwing stuff at Ojo as well ? popcorn or something but people have been thrown out before for throwing food