Season 21/22 - Page 35 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Should’ve they played more defensively and tried to contain rangers instead?

“Hard to play against a team that park 11 players behind the ball, it's a disgrace, but hey ho, it worked.”

They did play defensively and tried to contain Rangers, it just didn't work out today. They took a point from us at Ibrox a month ago, using the same tactics.

It looked to be working until Tav scored a beauty of a volley to equalise. Second half they came out a bit after going down 2-1 and got opened up a bit more.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Definite sending off. I thot it was harsh to book him so early but he was on a 2nd yellow and can have no complaints about that one

Yet again the ref struge to show a rangers player a yellow

A clearer yellow card you will struggle to find than Odonnells 1st. Player gets away from him inside the Motherwell half, balls about 2 yards infront of the Rangers player and Odonnell has a full fist of the players shirt to the point that none of the shirt is touching the rangers players back.

I know the Old Firm get alot of soft decisons but this defo wasnt one of them.

1 minute ago, Diamond Scot said:

A clearer yellow card you will struggle to find than Odonnells 1st. Player gets away from him inside the Motherwell half, balls about 2 yards infront of the Rangers player and Odonnell has a full fist of the players shirt to the point that none of the shirt is touching the rangers players back.

I know the Old Firm get alot of soft decisons but this defo wasnt one of them.

I'd have given him a warning for that first one. 

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Does anyone know what banter is??? I was pulled up for it a  couple days ago.. Fu k sake gentleman, have a laugh. Of course Motherwell didn't lie down.. 🤘🤣

You've zero banter Ramy.  That's the problem. 

2 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

They did play defensively and tried to contain Rangers, it just didn't work out today. They took a point from us at Ibrox a month ago, using the same tactics.

It looked to be working until Tav scored a beauty of a volley to equalise. Second half they came out a bit after going down 2-1 and got opened up a bit more.

I didn’t see all of the game, just about 20-25 minutes of second half. 

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'd have given him a warning for that first one. 

I dont even think his fouls before this were taken into account.

What part of the rules do you think would allow the ref not to issue a booking? Deliberate shirt pull, in your own half, when player is breaking towards final line of defence and ball nowhere near where the offender is. 

It wasnt a slight tug of the shirt. It was a deliberate attempts at stopping the rangers player moving any futher.

I didnt watch the 2nd half so cant comment on the 2nd yellow but the 1st one shouldnt even be up for debate if you know the rules or have played the game.

5 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Does anyone know what banter is??? 

Ramy, genuinely, I don't know what passes as banter in Canada, but as you've been told on here many, many times, your banter is terrible at best and non existent at best.

7 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

I dont even think his fouls before this were taken into account.

What part of the rules do you think would allow the ref not to issue a booking? Deliberate shirt pull, in your own half, when player is breaking towards final line of defence and ball nowhere near where the offender is. 

It wasnt a slight tug of the shirt. It was a deliberate attempts at stopping the rangers player moving any futher.

I didnt watch the 2nd half so cant comment on the 2nd yellow but the 1st one shouldnt even be up for debate if you know the rules or have played the game.

This has nothing to do with playing the game or knowing the rules, I played football most of my life and I'd still have no issue with someone getting a warning for that foul. A simple 'anymore of that and your in the book pal' would suffice 

Edited by vanderark14

53 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

This has nothing to do with playing the game or knowing the rules, I played football most of my life and I'd still have no issue with someone getting a warning for that foul. A simple 'anymore of that and your in the book pal' would suffice 

There’s nothing remotely controversial about that yellow though. A ref would be pulled up for not giving it.