Season 21/22 - Page 32 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Surely the other 11 clubs can try and push for change in the reffing in Scotland. Maybe bring in refs from England or abroad. 

The introduction of VAR definitely have an impact. Away teams at Ibrox will still have to compete against both Rangers and the officials, but it is in key decisions like this that they may be forced to show a little more impartiality. 

The penalty was a disgrace. Floating chip into the box that was far from dangerous and Zakala dives into the nearest defender. If you just have to run into defenders off the ball these days to get a penalty, Rangers should have been doing that all night.

Zakala must be loving life in Scotland, boosting his stats with this and the goal he scored from 5 yards offside a couple of weeks ago.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a sport, football in Scotland is a complete waste of time. If you're after controversy, lunacy and blatant bias, it's perfect for you.

Just imagine Man Utd v Liverpool last Sunday, the FA hand the refereeing duties to a Liverpool fan. That sounds ludicrous, doesn't it......then why is it tolerated in Scotland? 

5 hours ago, COLT NY said:

The introduction of VAR definitely have an impact. Away teams at Ibrox will still have to compete against both Rangers and the officials, but it is in key decisions like this that they may be forced to show a little more impartiality. 

The penalty was a disgrace. Floating chip into the box that was far from dangerous and Zakala dives into the nearest defender. If you just have to run into defenders off the ball these days to get a penalty, Rangers should have been doing that all night.

Zakala must be loving life in Scotland, boosting his stats with this and the goal he scored from 5 yards offside a couple of weeks ago.

VAR won't do anything, I'd be willing to bet Beaton would look at both incidents last night and he would still award the free kick and penalty.

9 hours ago, slasher said:

That's fair enough, but I think most other people are thoroughly enjoying it, especially the Arabs 😂

Even Arabs were in shock in my group chats, it’s so bad that beyond funny for them. 

Leaving a game after 30 minutes is a new low. 

9 hours ago, kumnio said:

I genuinely think Ive had enough of my club.

Its a new low, and that's saying something.

FFS, We can't continue employing an absolute fucking moron as manager. 

TBF, Ross County have been playing really well and had some unlucky defeats recently they where due to give someone a doing.

Aberdeen are 2-1 up at Ibrox with 10 minutes to go and a similar incident occurs in the home team's box.  Is a penalty given?  Everyone knows there wouldn't be.  Scottish fitba is the most glaringly corrupt game on the planet and VAR will make eff all difference to that.

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Having watched it again on Sportscene last night it was definitely a penalty. He’s got a handful of his jersey and then nudges him over. 

Disagree, but I would.........And I know you're not John Beaton 🙄😂

13 hours ago, slasher said:

Let me ask a hypothetical question to the Aberdeen fans or indeed any fans on here. 

Could you referee your own team objectively and impartially? 

I could not. 

Yes, I could

That said, had Bates hospitalised the little fukin rodent last night I would have rejected their penalty appeals

Hope that clears things up

13 hours ago, kumnio said:

I genuinely think Ive had enough of my club.

Its a new low, and that's saying something.

FFS, We can't continue employing an absolute fucking moron as manager. 

Dundee were well worth their win the other week, I have no issue with that

However - The behaviour from McPake in the dugout when MacKenzie is trying to take a quick through in late on was pathetic 

Karma for being the type of guy he is perhaps....

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Having watched it again on Sportscene last night it was definitely a penalty. He’s got a handful of his jersey and then nudges him over. 

I had another look at this today off the back of your comment and while I can see where you are coming from I still think it's a very generous decision 🤔

13 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

NBC, CTV, CBC, CNN, ABC, Fox Sports, Bein TV, Sky Sports, HBO, Netflix, Al Jazeera, etc, have all seen the clip and they all agree it was Never a penalty.. Beaton, you are a disgrace to football.. Not impressed !!!

Add Rangers TV to that list

26 minutes ago, COLT NY said:

They did think it was a clear penalty. Only because Bates wasn't complaining enough mind.

That's the scariest thing. These wallopers think they are the victims???? Fuckin diabolical.. That's twice in the same thread ave used that big word...🤣🤣

10 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

That's the scariest thing. These wallopers think they are the victims???? Fuckin diabolical.. That's twice in the same thread ave used that big word...🤣🤣

Celtic never play the victims...............😂😂

the penalty was soft but soft penalties are given routinely. I thought St Mirren's against Motherwell was softer and then the penalty was retaken as Kelly had stayed off his line by millimetres. Madden and co seemed intent on giving Saint's an equaliser - much more so than Beaton with Rangers. 

Scottish officials are not corrupt or biased, they are inept. The OF invariably get soft decisions as these inept officials are still swayed by the larger teams and the occasion. For one half of the OF to suggest refs are more biased towards the other half is laughable - the stats don't support this and the decisions in themselves just confirm ineptitude. 

Rumour has it that Dean Campbell will be in goal on Saturday after his wonderful one handed save of an object thrown towards several players last night. 

The strangest thing though, there’s been little or no mention of it in the media like when an Aberdeen fan threw something at a Celtic player a few weeks ago, very weird.