Season 21/22 - Page 29 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So.whats your.point? Why was St.Mirren denied a stonewaller? We all know why..

well if we were watching the same game I don't recall seeing any "stonewall" penalty for the Saints being denied. I also just checked with my Saints supporting friend and his words were "don't recall any claim never mind a serious claim tbh".

You'll have to refresh our memories with details such as who was involved and roughly at what time it took place. 

16 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

well if we were watching the same game I don't recall seeing any "stonewall" penalty for the Saints being denied. I also just checked with my Saints supporting friend and his words were "don't recall any claim never mind a serious claim tbh".

You'll have to refresh our memories with details such as who was involved and roughly at what time it took place. 

End of.first half, right side of the box, Saints player assaulted inside the box.. 

3 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

No games on Wednesday on sky despite a lot of big games on. Some TV deal we have.

11th match day and Sky have already skipped 2 match days.

What good is slightly more money, if fans can't watch any games.

SPFL have  put the Fife Derby and Ayrshire derbies midweek.

Up there with making Ayrshire derby first game of the season when only 3800 were allowed in Rugby Park. 

My profile picture is timeless.

The leadership of our game is fucking terrible, I don't think a punter off the street would do any worse.

Conspiracy hat on, I really do believe that Sky try to screw our broadcasting deal as much as they can. Piss poor quality production, terrible moronic pundits, never positive about anything and scheduling that makes no sense.

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

The leadership of our game is fucking terrible, I don't think a punter off the street would do any worse.

Conspiracy hat on, I really do believe that Sky try to screw our broadcasting deal as much as they can. Piss poor quality production, terrible moronic pundits, never positive about anything and scheduling that makes no sense.

4 minutes of half time analysis yesterday I read for a game that had 3 goals and a penalty. 

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

And the SPFL employees (not just Doncaster) get paid an exorbitant amount of money for it.

When their accounts were done recently it was worked out that the average salary of an SPFL employee was higher than an EFL employee and just under an EPL employee.

If they were doing their job and getting great TV and sponsorship deals, I would have no problem with them earning a high end wage. The problem is they aren't and haven't been. We have a TV deal with a company who see us as an after thought and a poor value long term deal with a company name that is laughable. Cinch I mean who thought signing a deal with a company with that name was a good idea. And worst of all they didn't even get the sponsorship deal they went through an agency and gave away £500k of the deal.

SPFL needs cleared out from top to bottom. SFA is the same aswell but that's a topic for another day.

59 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

And the SPFL employees (not just Doncaster) get paid an exorbitant amount of money for it.

When their accounts were done recently it was worked out that the average salary of an SPFL employee was higher than an EFL employee and just under an EPL employee.

If they were doing their job and getting great TV and sponsorship deals, I would have no problem with them earning a high end wage. The problem is they aren't and haven't been. We have a TV deal with a company who see us as an after thought and a poor value long term deal with a company name that is laughable. Cinch I mean who thought signing a deal with a company with that name was a good idea. And worst of all they didn't even get the sponsorship deal they went through an agency and gave away £500k of the deal.

SPFL needs cleared out from top to bottom. SFA is the same aswell but that's a topic for another day.

The tv deal is just another thing that’s set up to benefit 2 clubs, we simply have to accept that no one else is relevant. 

Personally, I’d ditch the tv deal altogether and get fans back through the gates at 3pm on a Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

The tv deal is just another thing that’s set up to benefit 2 clubs, we simply have to accept that no one else is relevant. 

Personally, I’d ditch the tv deal altogether and get fans back through the gates at 3pm on a Saturday. 

I liked the TV deal we had when it was split between BT and Sky. We got a lot more games that weren't just Rangers and Celtic away games. 

I'm sure Scotland has the highest per capita football attendance in the world. That stat was pre COVID though.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

3 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

I liked the TV deal we had when it was split between BT and Sky. We got a lot more games that weren't just Rangers and Celtic away games. 

I'm sure Scotland has the highest per capita football attendance in the world. That stat was pre COVID though.

BT actually liked they cared about Scottish football, certainly more than the OF fan boys on sky, it was varied, the pundits & commentators were decent and as you say, we got a bit of everything. Since that deal ended, we merely sold our soul and get the treatment of those two every week and their puppet presenters/commentators/pundits. 

52 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I don't why but for some reason silence seems more appropriate for this one.

Agreed - Silence is a far more poignant show of respect every time in my view

It would appear the sub humans have won again.....