Season 21/22 - Page 25 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, kumnio said:

Listening to the BBC Sportsound podcast, Dave Cormack sounds unhinged. I thought Glass was highly strung, but Cormack really takes the biscuit.

What was it about that interview that made you think cormack is unhinged? 

Didn't think he was as bad as that. I liked the way he put Mcintyre back in his box.

Edited by vanderark14

8 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Thought it said all that needed to be said to be fair.

That's not the first time I've asked you a question and you've basically answered by acting like an ass.

Stick to moaning like fuck in the coronavirus thread.

8 hours ago, kumnio said:

Listening to the BBC Sportsound podcast, Dave Cormack sounds unhinged. I thought Glass was highly strung, but Cormack really takes the biscuit.

I have spotted a similarity with some Aberdeen fans unwavering support of Cormack to that of Rangers fans from the Craig White years. 🤔 Now I am not saying Dave Cormack is a Craig White but he is most certainly not the messiah 😂 I have to say though that this wasn't the worst i have heard from him 😳 Highly strung is the least of it....

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

What was it about that interview that made you think cormack is unhinged? 

Didn't think he was as bad as that. I liked the way he put Mcintyre back in his box.

Ranting and raving for minutes at a time. Didn’t answer any questions. Took things personally. Contradicting himself constantly. Flat out nonsense about some stuff. Denial about facts that he didn’t like. 

He came across terribly, if Aberdeen have a PR department, I’d guess they were cringing at that ‘interview’. 

Just now, kumnio said:

Ranting and raving for minutes at a time. Didn’t answer any questions. Took things personally. Contradicting himself constantly. Flat out nonsense about some stuff. Denial about facts that he didn’t like. 

He came across terribly, if Aberdeen have a PR department, I’d guess they were cringing at that ‘interview’. 

Can you be more specific I've listened to it twice. He answers all questions, what did he deny? Where did he contradict himself? 

I'm far from thinking cormack is some sort of saviour, he certainly talks a great game and nobody could deny his passion for aberdeen but if you're going yo be critical you could at least be specific 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Can you be more specific I've listened to it twice. He answers all questions, what did he deny? Where did he contradict himself? 

I'm far from thinking cormack is some sort of saviour, he certainly talks a great game and nobody could deny his passion for aberdeen but if you're going yo be critical you could at least be specific 

He didn’t answer why Glass was appointed, he went off on a tangent about him living an hour away.

When asked about their winless run, he said they played well and the stats show that they were unlucky. 

He ranted at several points during the interview. He came across dismally, and comes nowhere near to talking a good game IMO. 

It’s just my opinion, but he was embarrassing. 

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

He didn’t answer why Glass was appointed, he went off on a tangent about him living an hour away.

When asked about their winless run, he said they played well and the stats show that they were unlucky. 

He ranted at several points during the interview. He came across dismally, and comes nowhere near to talking a good game IMO. 

It’s just my opinion, but he was embarrassing. 

He did answer why glass was appointed. The hour away comment was in relation to people who say he was or his son was Glass's neighbour in Atlanta

So when asked about the winless run he did answer the question? If you disagree with the answer he gave, fine but he did answer the question

Sounds to me like you didn't actually listen to what was being said. 

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He did answer why glass was appointed. The hour away comment was in relation to people who say he was or his son was Glass's neighbour in Atlanta

So when asked about the winless run he did answer the question? If you disagree with the answer he gave, fine but he did answer the question

Sounds to me like you didn't actually listen to what was being said. 

What kind of tree do pine cones come from? Portugal. 

It’s an answer. 

I don’t know why you’re getting your knickers in a twist over this. There’s plenty of Dons fans who are being critical of him, so I’m not a random outlier. 

32 minutes ago, kumnio said:

What kind of tree do pine cones come from? Portugal. 

It’s an answer. 

I don’t know why you’re getting your knickers in a twist over this. There’s plenty of Dons fans who are being critical of him, so I’m not a random outlier. 

I have been very critical of Cormack myself but I don't have a big issue with what he said last night, you said he was unhinged. He wasn't. I asked for specifics you couldn't give any

46 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I have been very critical of Cormack myself but I don't have a big issue with what he said last night, you said he was unhinged. He wasn't. I asked for specifics you couldn't give any

Thankfully the Daily Record has printed a transcript of a portion of the interview.

Here's some highlights.

KM: Absolutely, but I haven't heard a lot of people on here say Stephen Glass was a great appointment, I've got to be honest.

DC: Take a look back through the media after those first six, seven, eight games. The style of football and what we were doing. But if you just want to keep pelting questions at me this will be a short conversation.

Starts as he means to go on.

KM: Do you think Stephen Glass has the experience to turn things around?

DC: I did a one hour interview on Stephen's appointment back in March of this year and it's on our YouTube channel. I've been through this multiple times. You could ask the same question which was asked earlier in the year of Tam Courts. Look at Callum Davidson!

Avoided answering the question, deflects straight on to talk about other clubs and their managers.

KM: Well I don't think that's fair. I'm not going to pretend it's all fine and give you soft questions.

DC: Who else in Scottish football is out there trying to be transparent and open? But as usual, you've dominated the programme.

Completely defensive.

In summary he blamed everyone other than himself and Glass - because by implication, he'd be blaming himself as he appointed him - for the position they are in - previous regime, the players, bad luck, etc., etc.

Unfortunately they've missed the bit where he said "you don't hear us complaining about players being unavailable" and then went onto mention the players that were unavailable.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/every-word-dave-cormacks-air-25243341

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

He was ranting and raving. He lost his temper several times. That’s enough for most people. 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

What was his answer - the only one I remember was the one aaid posted which was basically, I answered that in another interview 🤔

Personally I'm not quite at the Glass Out stage - Although I've openly and directly questioned DC

Doubt we have much longer to let this go on however, in the meantime we'll just need to suck it up

Bit of payback if you like for being only 1 of 2 clubs never to be out of the top division

DC is circling the wagons for sure, I'm just not sure how long he can keep them intact if results don't change pronto

18 hours ago, Lamia said:

What was his answer - the only one I remember was the one aaid posted which was basically, I answered that in another interview 🤔

So he has answered the question in hour long interview. Not sure about you but when I get annoyed when asked the same question repeatedly 

22 hours ago, Lamia said:

I have spotted a similarity with some Aberdeen fans unwavering support of Cormack to that of Rangers fans from the Craig White years. 🤔 Now I am not saying Dave Cormack is a Craig White but he is most certainly not the messiah 😂 I have to say though that this wasn't the worst i have heard from him 😳 Highly strung is the least of it....

Can't say I've seen that in any Aberdeen fan I know

13 hours ago, Redz said:

Personally I'm not quite at the Glass Out stage - Although I've openly and directly questioned DC

Doubt we have much longer to let this go on however, in the meantime we'll just need to suck it up

Bit of payback if you like for being only 1 of 2 clubs never to be out of the top division

DC is circling the wagons for sure, I'm just not sure how long he can keep them intact if results don't change pronto

I think Glass has to go, it will happen soon enough. Cormack has taken a huge gamble on Monday by fiercely back Glass and the new regime but if the next 3 results don't go our way, cormack will have no choice.

32 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

So he has answered the question in hour long interview. Not sure about you but when I get annoyed when asked the same question repeatedly 

If you don’t want to have to answer questions then don’t do interviews.  He surely knew that he would be asked questions about the manager given the run of results.   Referring back to a previous interview he’s done on the clubs in-house media while on national radio with adifferent audience comes across as him avoiding the question.