Season 21/22 - Page 13 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

after attending the Cove v Montrose fixture at weekend (which i thoroughly enjoyed inc steak pies..) i was checking on last in person attendance to Aberdeen game , and turns out was as far back as June 2016 v Fola Esch (Lux)

got a ticket for St Johnstone game on saturday ; so get to see SGs new squad up close ; after several months of you tube highlights

hope to get to Cove v Airdrie following week - personally felt that Fraser Fyvie really stood out

used to go to Cove a fair bit when they got into highland league 86/87 ? , obviously a new stadium ; set up now , but wondered what anyone else though who had been - was almost 700 there ; close to 50/50 split in support - not sure these days if Cove are tapping into south side of city ; kincorth/torry for support - but was way more kids/families there than the old days .....

I always mean to go as I stay in cove now, but I’ve never actually made it along, so I’ve no idea really. 

Don’t really see much in the area encouraging folk along though, would be good to see them try to drum up a bit more support. 

Edinburgh City play their home gaMrs on a Friday night now, to try and get hearts/Hibs supporters along too. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

You accused a talented young player of being a diver & a bawbag, I was just pointing out that Motherwell have a history of having divers & bawbags. I’ve seen Ramsay play & I wouldn’t say he’s guilty of either of those. All teams have players that go down easily at the slightest touch including Aberdeen, the refs should be clamping down on it & the tv pundits should call it out as cheating & not being clever.

Take this to the 'whataboutery' section 

22 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I've seen him once and that's the way he played

I've watched every minute of every Aberdeen game he's played in, but I feel that no matter what he does over the rest of his career you will (harshly and unfairly) see him as a diving bawbag because that's the pigeonhole you've assigned him.

22 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Diving and whining makes him a wee bawbag...

He never actually dove once, but try and put yourself in the shoes of an 18 year old being bullied by a full grown 30 year old in front of a home support with little to no protection from the referee.

How well would you have faired?

(And 'bawbag' is the best you can come up with?)

22 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I always mean to go as I stay in cove now, but I’ve never actually made it along, so I’ve no idea really. 

Don’t really see much in the area encouraging folk along though, would be good to see them try to drum up a bit more support. 

Edinburgh City play their home gaMrs on a Friday night now, to try and get hearts/Hibs supporters along too. 

thanks for reply mate ; cove typically played opposite saturdays to dons but not sure if is random now

tbh ive really gone off big game / big money football over last 30 odd years ; so being stuck eternally in 'match of the seventies" mode , feel that lower league is the place to be = will see though after trip to pittodrie tomorrow i may feel the magic of the lights & tannoy down merkland road , but somehow i doubt it...

2 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

He was certainly a bit touchy on his Sportscene interview there. 

So he should be. Pressure is on. I can't remember the last time a dons manager was so heavily backed in the transfer market. There's good players there, glass doesn't seem to know how r where to play them

46 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

So he should be. Pressure is on. I can't remember the last time a dons manager was so heavily backed in the transfer market. There's good players there, glass doesn't seem to know how r where to play them

First game ive seen in the flesh for 5 years ; could quite happily wait another 5 on that showing

2 fwds ; jet & ramirez dont look up to level required ; lot of predictability to our moves ; St J appeared to park the bus a bit , but still won , Lewis went down like a sack of tatties for the goal , and i thought Calvin Ramsey looked a bit at fault there too - havent watched it back though

12 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

First game ive seen in the flesh for 5 years ; could quite happily wait another 5 on that showing

2 fwds ; jet & ramirez dont look up to level required ; lot of predictability to our moves ; St J appeared to park the bus a bit , but still won , Lewis went down like a sack of tatties for the goal , and i thought Calvin Ramsey looked a bit at fault there too - havent watched it back though

Some of St Johnstone’s tackling was brutal & Madden let them off with it the entire game. Aberdeen needed to up the tempo but continued with slow build up for most of the game. Beginning to think Glass is out of his depth as a manager, start of 2nd half Samuels was causing saints problems down the left & was looking dangerous so Glass subs him 🤯 Ojo was his usual nonentity while Ferguson & Jet were very poor, terrible bit of management from Glass.

13 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Was it alec miller ? That spent 1 million on paul bernard / 1/2 for john inglis and also the 2 Bulgarians ….

a few years later we were seliing the toaster on e-bay

1 hour ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Was it alec miller ? That spent 1 million on paul bernard / 1/2 for john inglis and also the 2 Bulgarians ….

a few years later we were seliing the toaster on e-bay

I thought it was aitken who signed Bernard. 

The Dundee Derby has been quite entertaining for a nil nil. Good atmosphere at the match too 

On a side note, sky's promotion of our game is fucking terrible. Their coverage of the WSL is better. 

I hope this latest review of the game is taking into consideration this stupid TV deal we have.

Finally, John Rankin looks like a ken doll🤣🤣

Edited by vanderark14

19 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Stephen Glass won't see the end of October 

He's definitely losing the fans.

16 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Our best creative players (Hedges and Watkins) being injured just compounds things, but ironically, it's my opinion that if Glass didn't make the 7 changes v Raith that Hedges wouldn't have been injured and we'd still be in the League Cup. And we haven't won without Hedges since.

15 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

It's a hard watch, mate.

3 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Some of St Johnstone’s tackling was brutal & Madden let them off with it the entire game. Aberdeen needed to up the tempo but continued with slow build up for most of the game. Beginning to think Glass is out of his depth as a manager, start of 2nd half Samuels was causing saints problems down the left & was looking dangerous so Glass subs him 🤯 Ojo was his usual nonentity while Ferguson & Jet were very poor, terrible bit of management from Glass.

i didn't get that either.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Griffiths just blew the biggest chance of the game. 

A wee bit unfair as the ball was never coming down in time for him.  Very unlucky with that early header and then did well with the half volley.  Seemed to just fade after that though.