Season 21/22 - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I know the wee fannies name...he has a bad habit of diving 

No he doesn't. I suspected you were at it because your posts tend to be filled with utter garbage and hysterical nonsense🤣

My fault for engaging 

Edited by vanderark14

16 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Aberdeen now the team that are clinging to top six.

Winless in 6(?) now after a great start.

I'm concerned about Glass already. We've signed a lot of players but not addressed the glaring issues like defence. 

6 hours ago, dj mick said:

Big rumours doin the rounds Glass on his way out already!

Are you taking it from the headline of “Glass ready to wield the axe”?

Or is there some mad man convinced we’re good enough to sack a manager after losing one league game this season?

On 9/12/2021 at 2:50 AM, 0Neils40yarder said:

...a new one to add to the list is the little bawbag right  back, who seemed to take great delight in trying to rile up our fans when his own team were getting beat.

18 year old Calvin Ramsay skipped over the Scotland Under 19's to play 90 minutes in his first ever Under 21's game last week.

He's also a starter every week for Aberdeen.

He's going to be a good one, and we're hoping to sell him on for millions once he's got the right amount of games under his belt.

Van Veen was bullying Ramsay (which he was entitled to try and do) however, it seemed to me that Calvin was complaining about the the lack of protection from the referee (and he was absolutely correct).

Van Veen, already on a yellow, could have easily walked and that's why Alexander subbed him.

On 9/12/2021 at 2:50 AM, 0Neils40yarder said:

...the little bawbag right back...

West Ham United are ‘keeping tabs’ on the progress of Aberdeen right-back Calvin Ramsay with the view to a potential transfer (Sun).

The teenager is being tracked by three other English Premier League clubs and West Ham United are the latest to be linked. Ramsay has shot to prominence under manager Stephen Glass’ guidance and is viewed as a future Scotland player. 

Ramsay was recently called into the Scotland U21s squad and Everton are believed to have made him a key January transfer target. The Goodison Park side also scouted him in the defeat to Motherwell and despite limping off just after an hour, impressed Merseyside scouts.

11 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

18 year old Calvin Ramsay skipped over the Scotland Under 19's to play 90 minutes in his first ever Under 21's game last week.

He's also a starter every week for Aberdeen.

He's going to be a good one, and we're hoping to sell him on for millions once he's got the right amount of games under his belt.

Van Veen was bullying Ramsay (which he was entitled to try and do) however, it seemed to me that Calvin was complaining about the the lack of protection from the referee (and he was absolutely correct).

Van Veen, already on a yellow, could have easily walked and that's why Alexander subbed him.

I hope the lad gets a move to a decent club, has a stellar career and solves scotlands right back issue long term...however there is no getting away from the fact that he likes a dive and likes a wee moan to the referee. He is a wee bawbag

8 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I hope the lad gets a move to a decent club, has a stellar career and solves scotlands right back issue long term...however there is no getting away from the fact that he likes a dive and likes a wee moan to the referee. He is a wee bawbag

We need more bawbags in the team. Historically we are too nice and nieve at international football. Latest squad seem to be alot better at "playing the game". Simple things like staying down until the other player gets booked, hounding the ref etc. I know its not the way in an ideal world but we dont live in an ideal world.

The most raging ive been at a Scotland team was when Kennedy was on the receiving end of that horror tackle and not 1 of his team mates laid a finger / tackle on the boy who did it. If that happened to any of the great teams then the player would have been leaving on a stretcher.

21 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

We need more bawbags in the team. Historically we are too nice and nieve at international football. Latest squad seem to be alot better at "playing the game". Simple things like staying down until the other player gets booked, hounding the ref etc. I know its not the way in an ideal world but we dont live in an ideal world.

The most raging ive been at a Scotland team was when Kennedy was on the receiving end of that horror tackle and not 1 of his team mates laid a finger / tackle on the boy who did it. If that happened to any of the great teams then the player would have been leaving on a stretcher.

The thing is, Ramsay is nothing like O'Neil describes him but I agree with what you are saying. 

4 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I hope the lad gets a move to a decent club, has a stellar career and solves scotlands right back issue long term...

He's being referred to as 'our Nathan Patterson'.

5 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

...however there is no getting away from the fact that he likes a dive and likes a wee moan to the referee. He is a wee bawbag

Speaking up about Van Veen constantly getting away with playing the man doesn't make him a bawbag.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The thing is, Ramsay is nothing like O'Neil describes him...

Correct.

49 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

He's being referred to as 'our Nathan Patterson'.

Speaking up about Van Veen constantly getting away with playing the man doesn't make him a bawbag.

Correct.

Diving and whining makes him a wee bawbag...

...as for what Diamondscot says, I'm honestly not sure. I get that as a nation we need to be more streetwise but diving in particular gets right on my cheebs

50 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

...as for what Diamondscot says, I'm honestly not sure. I get that as a nation we need to be more streetwise but diving in particular gets right on my cheebs

For me theres a difference between diving and other things like going down easy or doing the most to get a player booked.

Diving for me is going down without any contact and or flicking your own leg out to engineer contact. Id never like to see one of our players do that.

However if a defender sticks out a leg I want our players to fall over it, if they get their shirt pulled I want them to act like its being ripped off their back. If they arent hurt I want them to stay down and for others to surround the ref shouting for punishment.

after attending the Cove v Montrose fixture at weekend (which i thoroughly enjoyed inc steak pies..) i was checking on last in person attendance to Aberdeen game , and turns out was as far back as June 2016 v Fola Esch (Lux)

got a ticket for St Johnstone game on saturday ; so get to see SGs new squad up close ; after several months of you tube highlights

hope to get to Cove v Airdrie following week - personally felt that Fraser Fyvie really stood out

used to go to Cove a fair bit when they got into highland league 86/87 ? , obviously a new stadium ; set up now , but wondered what anyone else though who had been - was almost 700 there ; close to 50/50 split in support - not sure these days if Cove are tapping into south side of city ; kincorth/torry for support - but was way more kids/families there than the old days .....

6 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Motherwell have had two of the worst diving cheats ever seen in Scottish football, Dougie Arnott & Scott McDonald, plus Arnott was one  of the biggest moaning pricks ever to grace a football field.

14 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Fuck sake...you're going back a bit now 

You accused a talented young player of being a diver & a bawbag, I was just pointing out that Motherwell have a history of having divers & bawbags. I’ve seen Ramsay play & I wouldn’t say he’s guilty of either of those. All teams have players that go down easily at the slightest touch including Aberdeen, the refs should be clamping down on it & the tv pundits should call it out as cheating & not being clever.