Season 21/22 - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Yup. If the Huns aren't happy about displaying the League sponsor logo and fulfilling the deal, we should give them more money to keep them sweet? How about we dock them 3 points for the breach and suspend their license if it happens again?

That's a good idea. Unfortunately, the last thing the football authorities in Scotland will do is put their foot down when one of the arse cheeks are having a tantrum about something.  🙄

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

He can support who ever he wants but I don't think any player should flaunt their support for a rival the way diamond did and especially the way calderwood did. IMO its disrespectful to the supporters who pay their wages.

It is!

Heard reports of Diamond answering the door in a Celtic top while playing for Aberdeen.

5 hours ago, kumnio said:

Charlie Adam is a fucking moron who shouldn’t be interviewed on any topic. 

I agree but for some reason his opinion is often asked for on anything Scottish football. 

18 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Not seeing much comment on here about this issue. Thoughts? It would be a disaster if we lost the sponsor.

Notwithstanding that its an awful deal (have you seen the introduction fee?), doesn't the SPFL rules allow clubs with prior commercial contracts not to breach those contracts by having to displaying other sponsors? I'll check the rule later on.

Plus these new sponsors will have had 10000 times the coverage in the press due to the spat :lol:

38 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Notwithstanding that its an awful deal (have you seen the introduction fee?), doesn't the SPFL rules allow clubs with prior commercial contracts not to breach those contracts by having to displaying other sponsors? I'll check the rule later on.

Plus these new sponsors will have had 10000 times the coverage in the press due to the spat :lol:

Which other contract would they be breaching by displaying the Cinch logos?

Edited by killiefaetheferry

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'd guess Parks (if there is one at all).

That's the question, does park have a deal with Rangers stating they can only advertise his brand and none of his rivals?

Celtic were sponsored by a betting company but still advertised William Hill when they sponsored the cup.

Rule 17 of the SPFL handbook:

“That a Club shall not, other than in respect of a Commercial Contract relating to Radio Transmission or Transmission, be obliged to comply with this Rule I7 if to do so would result in that Club being in breach of a contractual obligation entered into prior to the Commercial Contract concerned being approved to be entered into by the Company the Clubs and each of them shall license and otherwise provide to the Company the use of such of their other rights, facilities and properties as may be required by the Company to enable the Company to enter into and/or fulfil its obligations under and in terms of Commercial Contracts entered or to be entered into by the Company.”

Interestingly, I cant see anything in the handbook that would mean Rangers have to actually disclose the contract with Parks lot (which contract would probably be confidential anyway).

22 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

That's the question, does park have a deal with Rangers stating they can only advertise his brand and none of his rivals?

Celtic were sponsored by a betting company but still advertised William Hill when they sponsored the cup.

I think there are different rules for the cup, right back to the days of Skol...

58 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'd guess Parks (if there is one at all).

Not listed as one of their corporate or associate partners.  So the big question remains - which 'contract' is it that precludes delivering the Cinch requirements? Apparently they've refused to reveal this information to the SPFL. This has Douglas Parkwritten all over it 😂. That's my tuppence worth - no actual contract with an actual sponsor, just that the owner doesn't want to publicise a competitor to his own business interests. 

50 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Apparently they've refused to reveal this information to the SPFL.

These contracts are usually confidential, unless requried to be disclosed by a court or agreement of the parties.

The SPFL rules seem to acknowledge this.

1 minute ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Are they? Possibly the financials, but Rangers list their sponsors and partners. And none of them are a clash with Cinch 😂

Off topic, but some of the stuff we have sponsors for these days is mental (someone said 36 different companies?). We have an 'official chocolate partner' FFS :lol:

The way round this would be for Rangers to release a decacted version of the contract. But i think they are so sick of the missmanagment, they see this as a way to oust Doncaster, by highlighting his further mismanagemet. 

2 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Off topic, but some of the stuff we have sponsors for these days is mental (someone said 36 different companies?). We have an 'official chocolate partner' FFS :lol:

The way round this would be for Rangers to release a decacted version of the contract. But i think they are so sick of the missmanagment, they see this as a way to oust Doncaster, by highlighting his further mismanagemet. 

Rangers sick of mismanagement, they should know all about that 🤣

11 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I agree but for some reason his opinion is often asked for on anything Scottish football. 

There’s a thread on here about Scottish pundits, he can be added to the morons list. The standard of ex pro’s in the media in Scotland is absolutely pathetic, instead of getting insight and nouse, we get complete fucking idiots who shouldn’t get asked their opinions on anything. Adam, Rae, Ferguson, Bonner, Hartson etc, there isn’t 100 IQ points between them. 

£1.6 million per season to cover 4 leagues is utterly comical anyway.

That works out, that works out an average of £38’000 for 42 clubs, I know it won’t be split like that, but it shows what an absolute pittance the deal is worth. Once the bigot brothers get their usual vast majority, the other clubs will get a figure that’s insignificant. 

While Rangers are pathetic as per usual, and I hope they get shafted in arbitration, it’s time that Doncaster and his cabal of cunts get told to exit straight away. 

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:

There’s a thread on here about Scottish pundits, he can be added to the morons list. The standard of ex pro’s in the media in Scotland is absolutely pathetic, instead of getting insight and nouse, we get complete fucking idiots who shouldn’t get asked their opinions on anything. Adam, Rae, Ferguson, Bonner, Hartson etc, there isn’t 100 IQ points between them. 

Those mentioned are just cheer leaders for either side of the old firm. 

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Aye. They should all just listen to you.

3 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

VA and kumnio are the pricks pricks. Ia m away to the pub to watch rangers in the champions league.  Might win might lose but it is a game of football. Thats all.

You were a wee bit more confident couple week ago, whit happened pal?