Season 21/22 - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

23 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

I see the Daily Record were going all Sky Sports hype with their "£80M season" for Rangers & Celtic. I guess whoever wins this League (can't see past Rangers) should be well on their way to 10 in a row (if Leagues don't change/merge before then), although Celtic should have been a shoe in for that last time.

It's if Rangers make the champions league group stages this season and win the league. 

The figure is quite exaggerated though. Even with gate receipts the figure is probably closer to £60 million than £80 million.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Gold standard fishing, Dave. :lol:

I did of course explain to the Irish lads that the song wasn't sectarian, and then regaled them with my rendition of 'Mother's advice' and 'Build my hallows'

1 hour ago, Dave78 said:

I did of course explain to the Irish lads that the song wasn't sectarian, and then regaled them with my rendition of 'Mother's advice' and 'Build my hallows'

But not the Killie version, 'Farmer's Advice'?

What a performance from the Killie keeper. For a 21 year old to command the box like that is brilliant and very unusual at that age. Saying that, is he a shot stopper? Never seen a save but looked confident. 

Edited by Och Aye

8 hours ago, Och Aye said:

What a performance from the Killie keeper. For a 21 year old to command the box like that is brilliant and very unusual at that age. Saying that, is he a shot stopper? Never seen a save but looked confident. 

Agree, made me feel very confident in his ability. Which is a weird feeling I've not had since Bachmann. Only one game, in which he wasn't tested at all....so I might be regretting this in a couple of months time!

But fingers crossed we've got a good one. 

I also thought Blair Alston had an excellent game. Chased everything down and found sharp passes. And everything went through Burke in the first half - clearly he's still got it and the team rely on him to create (maybe too much). 

Edited by Morrisandmoo

16 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Agree, made me feel very confident in his ability. Which is a weird feeling I've not had since Bachmann. Only one game, in which he wasn't tested at all....so I might be regretting this in a couple of months time!

But fingers crossed we've got a good one. 

I also thought Blair Alston had an excellent game. Chased everything down and found sharp passes. And everything went through Burke in the first half - clearly he's still got it and the team rely on him to create (maybe too much). 

TBF he saved 3 pens vs Morton! 

Celtic and Rangers both told they can have capacity crowds from next week. 

Shouldn't be an issue for everyone else then if they are allowing 60k in. 

Looking forward to my last away day with restrictions on Saturday in Dumfries. 

Know more folk going without tickets than those with right enough! 

When asked postgame about today's victory over Sevco, Dundee United manager Tam Courts said it was a cinch.

Sevco remain winless in Europe this season, and have only one home League win to speak of.

Bleeding 2.5M a month (30M a year) the club, now playing in their tenth season, are hoping (along with The Tims) to be able to put enough points on the board to be able to challenge for 'best of the rest'.