Hampden entry times etc. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hampden entry times etc.

Chris.

Hi, can anyone who was at the match today let me know how strict the ID checks and entry times were please? Also were all the food & drink outlets completely closed?  I’m taking my son to the game on Friday and we’re supposed to be inside the ground 120 - 150 minutes before KO. 

There were no ID checks today, just the tickets on your mobile followed by a security check with a wand.

There were no food and drink kiosks open, though water was freely available from them in paper cups.

Merchandise stalls were open outside Hampden, but inside the security fence.

There was no issue at all in gaining entry. No ID checks, bags and sporrans had a quick look inside, masks weren’t worn by most and the four seats apart thing wasn’t enforced either. The electronic ticket entry system seemed to go brilliantly - we were in before I’d even realised the guy had scanned both our tickets (they both went through on the one scan by his device).

Word of warning : careful taking a bag. Jobsworth steward said mine was too big : a normal backpack but smidge larger than A4. Thankfully the girls in bookies across road looked after it : otherwise would have had to hide it in a bush.

Apart from that pish everything was great. Hopefully those going to Croatia will enjoy and get better result.

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

There was no issue at all in gaining entry. No ID checks, bags and sporrans had a quick look inside, masks weren’t worn by most and the four seats apart thing wasn’t enforced either. The electronic ticket entry system seemed to go brilliantly - we were in before I’d even realised the guy had scanned both our tickets (they both went through on the one scan by his device).

Hope you got your boy in, there seemed to be plenty kids there.

Went in about half an hour before entry time (meant to be 1pm - 1.30pm) no problem. People weren't following the seating plan, which stewards didn't seem to bother about. The steward at our bit kept telling people to wear masks but was mostly ignored. TBH I felt a bit sorry for her as it was a thankless task.  There was a couple of announcements about wearing masks in the second half and people did seem to comply more than before. Also I kept both tickets on one phone and it wasn't an issue, 1st person scans at turnstile hands over phone either before going through or after through the gaps in the turnstile.

15 hours ago, adamntg said:

My ticket says it was scanned at 11:31 and my slot was 11 - 11:30.  And I had a drawstring bag that could’ve been called bigger than A4 I suppose.  

I like to live dangerously. 

We went in about 30 mins after our time, no problems even with 2 tickets on the one phone . We lived dangerously too,  drinking Holsten Pils in the street on a Monday 😁

Had some water in our packed lunch so had to chuck it in a bin at the security. There was a massive woman’s handbag in the bin 😂 She must have been raging having to bin her best handbag. 

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

We went in about 30 mins after our time, no problems even with 2 tickets on the one phone . We lived dangerously too,  drinking Holsten Pils in the street on a Monday 😁

Had some water in our packed lunch so had to chuck it in a bin at the security. There was a massive woman’s handbag in the bin 😂 She must have been raging having to bin her best handbag. 

How do you know she is/was massive ?

:lol:

23 minutes ago, fringo said:

How do you know she is/was massive ?

:lol:

😂 it was DEFINITELY the bag I was referring to , just in case the board’s fattist polis are online. 

Got a pic of it just incase it was a suspicious package. The blue surgical gloves on top of it are particularly suspicious. 

0E3070D4-0BBA-4109-894C-CF5BC626473C.thumb.jpeg.1900b234dacb264bc9cc4fe57d61c685.jpeg

8 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 it was DEFINITELY the bag I was referring to , just in case the board’s fattist polis are online. 

Got a pic of it just incase it was a suspicious package. The blue surgical gloves on top of it are particularly suspicious. 

0E3070D4-0BBA-4109-894C-CF5BC626473C.thumb.jpeg.1900b234dacb264bc9cc4fe57d61c685.jpeg

I smell novichok.