Jack Hendry - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jack Hendry

dandydunn

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

When he had scored for us the other night and hit the bar a minute or two earlier then he was entitled to have a crack. Tell me do you think he had eyes in the back of his head? Do you think he is Nostradamus where he gets a flash of what will happen if his shot was blocked. That was just a freakish chain of events which is totally down to Marshall being AWOL. I have never seen him so far out of his goal. That cost us. End of.

He didn’t need eyes in the back of his head to see the FOUR teammates in better positions than him. There was 2 defenders in front of him and a keeper covering the near post. Which part of that is hard to understand?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

So what modern day goalkeepers stand that far up the pitch? 

To blame a young player is not right and I am sure they will both learn from this.

He's 26 so actually in his prime years of 26-28 yo. They will both learn and if we had been better at finishing then the pressure and possibly the clinical finishes by them may not have been as critical. The difference up front when Adams came on was night and day. The person to learn most from this is Clarke. Let's hope he does and make the changes we all know he needs to get a results in the last 2 games.

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Anyway when you are running halfway into the opponents half you should not have defensive duties on your mind. You are blatantly ignoring that he scored from outside the box in a friendly the other week and minutes earlier in a similar position he had a shot that hit the bar so who can deny him his right to have another pop?

I shagged a 9/10 bird when I was 19, doesn’t mean it was gonna happen every time I went into the town. 

Does 1 goal make him a prolific goalscorer from distance? How much space did he have against the Dutch to sclaff a shot goalwards? That goal was a poor connection that found the back of the net. 

I won’t deny him the opportunity of having a pop, but when he turns selfish and ignores others wanting the ball, that’s when he blows it and ruins it for everyone. 

You stay in denial that he made the right choice though 🙄

Hendry simply not up to this level 

Another poor call playing him today 

Odonnell,  dykes, Christie, Armstrong,  hendry, Marshall,  the formation 

Every decision wrong by Clarke today 

Edited by Bino's

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I shagged a 9/10 bird when I was 19, doesn’t mean it was gonna happen every time I went into the town. 

Does 1 goal make him a prolific goalscorer from distance? How much space did he have against the Dutch to sclaff a shot goalwards? That goal was a poor connection that found the back of the net. 

I won’t deny him the opportunity of having a pop, but when he turns selfish and ignores others wanting the ball, that’s when he blows it and ruins it for everyone. 

You are totally clueless. I'd prefer the pundits analysis who put the blame firmly at Marshall's door.

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

You are totally clueless. I'd prefer the pundits analysis who put the blame firmly at Marshall's door.

So you think that hendry ignoring 40% of his teammates was the right call? It’s interesting how you keep avoiding that part of the issue. 

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

So you think that hendry ignoring 40% of his teammates was the right call? It’s interesting how you keep avoiding that part of the issue. 

No I reckon if one of our players fancies a shot from distance then go for it. And you are totally ignoring Marshall's calamity. He is far more experienced so wtf was he doing 35-yards off his line? Sorry but he stays in his box there is no goal.

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

🤣 🤣 :ok:

Not only that, he was shooting from 30 yards out with a defender charging at him at a rate of knots and was probably about 6ft away when it rebounded. Maybe he dreamt last night he was Roberto Carlos or Josimar. As for the pundits blaming Marshall, I've heard the Off the Ball duo and Craig Levein blame him - two comedians (albeit good ones) and possibly our worst ever manager, master of the 4-6-0 formation who has also just recommended playing O'Donnell against England - now there's a recommendation :blink:

7 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No I reckon if one of our players fancies a shot from distance then go for it. And you are totally ignoring Marshall's calamity. He is far more experienced so wtf was he doing 35-yards off his line? Sorry but he stays in his box there is no goal.

Well I’ll respectfully disagree and say if he wants to be a selfish cunt and ignore 4 teammates, then his international career should be over. 

We need team players, not guys that are out for themselves. 

I've no coaching badges but there is some fundamentally poor decisions fairly obvious in that photo.  Hendry charging up the pitch was a good decision because having 3 always marooned at the back made getting out hugely difficult and left the game overly stretched with our midfield chasing shadows humping it long at Dykes.    This isn't pub football though so if a defender decides to go on a wonder someone needs to cover so SOD needs to stick.  Once he's decided to twist though, arguably too late given he's not even up with play when Hendry decides to try and melt it, getting committed forward with the entire wing to himself Hendy simply has to pass to him then get back and the last thing he can do is lose it given the gaping hole the pair of them have now left.  Marshall standing in Mount Florida is the worst decision of all - simply mental and not sure what the perceived reward would have been against the fairly obvious risk.  

Even the Czech fella has made a poor decision in not tracking SOD and then, if he'd missed, would have been absolutely pelted by his team mates as it was a 2 vs 2.  

We looked naïve throughout though which was the most disappointing thing as had built myself up to hope Clarke had worked some magic in the last month but that performance was all to much like the last 27 against Israel where it was fairly obvious we'd been worked out.   

54 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

So you believe him shooting when he had 4 teammates in better positions was the way to go?

He cost us any chance of getting back into that game with his selfishness, it’s a team game, not a one man one. 

Don’t be ridiculous!! Players shoot all the time when they have passing options. If players didn’t shoot nobody would score any goals. 
And no HE didn’t cost us the game. The ricochet was unbelievably unlucky and the finish sublime. 
Im sure there wasn’t a “selfish” thought in his head. He saw an opportunity to shoot and he took it. Just like he did against the Dutch. 
99 times out of a hundred, one of two things would’ve happened. Either he’d have got the shot away, or it would be blocked and fall to either a teammate or harmlessly to an opponent. What happened was incredibly unusual. 
Give the boy a break. We’re all sore at the result, but if we want to find scapegoats, I have plenty ahead of Hendry. 

1 minute ago, Marky said:

Don’t be ridiculous!! Players shoot all the time when they have passing options. If players didn’t shoot nobody would score any goals. 
And no HE didn’t cost us the game. The ricochet was unbelievably unlucky and the finish sublime. 
Im sure there wasn’t a “selfish” thought in his head. He saw an opportunity to shoot and he took it. Just like he did against the Dutch. 
99 times out of a hundred, one of two things would’ve happened. Either he’d have got the shot away, or it would be blocked and fall to either a teammate or harmlessly to an opponent. What happened was incredibly unusual. 
Give the boy a break. We’re all sore at the result, but if we want to find scapegoats, I have plenty ahead of Hendry. 

My point is that the opportunity to score wasn’t on, it was selfish, nothing less. He had options, teammates in better positions, but decided to be the hero and lost possession, which lost a goal. That is the facts. 

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

My point is that the opportunity to score wasn’t on, it was selfish, nothing less. He had options, teammates in better positions, but decided to be the hero and lost possession, which lost a goal. That is the facts. 

You know the “facts” of what was in Hendry’s head? Righto! 

Let’s just agree to disagree on this one. 

2 minutes ago, Marky said:

You know the “facts” of what was in Hendry’s head? Righto! 

Let’s just agree to disagree on this one. 

Not at all, I know the fact of there was 4 players in a better position than him amd he chose to ignore them all. 

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Not at all, I know the fact of there was 4 players in a better position than him amd he chose to ignore them all. 

To be fair, your decision to continue this line of thinking is a worse decision than hendry deciding to shoot.

20 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I think you’re being overly harsh, but hey, it’s all about opinions. 👍

I’m with DD. I’d imagine everyone watching was shouting/hoping/expecting Hendry to square it to the right when the ball broke to him. That being said it would have went to O’Donnell who I’m sure would still have found a way to play the Czech boy in. 

Not sure why ppl are on hendrys back, thought he was OK.maybe shouldn't of went for the shot but Marshall was way off his line and that schick guy was brilliant with his shot. What we needed today was to convert some of our chances in the final third. Our defence wasn't the main problem imo. 

Hendry made the wrong choice, there's no doubt about it.  Passing it to O'Donnell, who was in space to his right, was the easiest, most obvious choice.  Yes, he'd had a good shot saved a few minutes earlier but he had a clear sight of goal on that occasion; he didn't this time.

That said, it's not all on him.  Shots get blocked in that area of the pitch all the time and come to nothing. Unfortunately, on this occasion, it bounced extremely fortuitously into the path of a Czech player.  And what Marshall was doing so far out of his area, goodness only knows.