Your first XI vs England - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your first XI vs England

Taylor1996

Marshall 

Hanley Cooper Tierney 

Patterson                                Robertson 

Gilmour   McTominay 

McGinn

Dykes   Christie 

---

Marshall was too advanced for the second Czech goal, other than that, he has fine. Plus, there's no one else.

Tierney for Hendry.

Patterson for O'Donnell as O'Donnell looked so nervous against the Czechs. He needs to be taken away from the firing line.

Gilmour for Armstrong. I was torn between playing McTominay in defense, as he's done nothing for Scotland from midfield, but no better time than against England. 

Adams did really well when he came on. He added energy and zip. Really impressed me. But I'd stick with Dykes for his height.

Positives vs Czechs: We created chances.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Marshall 

Hanley Cooper Tierney 

Patterson                                Robertson 

Gilmour   McTominay 

McGinn

Dykes   Christie 

---

Marshall was too advanced for the second Czech goal, other than that, he has fine. Plus, there's no one else.

Tierney for Hendry.

Patterson for O'Donnell as O'Donnell looked so nervous against the Czechs. He needs to be taken away from the firing line.

Gilmour for Armstrong. I was torn between playing McTominay in defense, as he's done nothing for Scotland from midfield, but no better time than against England. 

Adams did really well when he came on. He added energy and zip. Really impressed me. But I'd stick with Dykes for his height.

Positives vs Czechs: We created chances.

Christie!!!!!!!

did you watch same game as me???

3 minutes ago, dougiemacfarlanearran said:

Christie!!!!!!!

did you watch same game as me???

Do you not understand the concept of a posting board?

Let's all have the same opinion and post the exact same shit.

That'll be scads of fun.

3 minutes ago, runningtings said:

Christie was beyond honking so I'd go with that team except Adams in for Christie.

I'd go with that. 

Can't see Clarke going with two out and out striker, though. Maybe Fraser.

Guest ElChris04

McLaughlin 

Hanlay-Cooper-Tierney

Patterson-McTominay-Gilmour-Robertson 

Forrest-Adams-Fraser 

I’d opt for wingers over the extra striker, give us that extra bit of width and cover on the wing. 

Adams over Dykes any day for me. That chance today showed up his lack of composure at key moments. 

Throw the young lads in too. No point sticking to the tried and trusted, they had their chance today and blew it.

Edited by Toepoke

1 hour ago, SteveHFC said:

Gordon, 

Patterson, Hanley, Copper, Tierney, Robbo

McTominay, Gilmour

McGinn

Adams, Nisbet

That is exactly the line up I’d like to see. A real “fuck it” let’s just go for it line up.

It’ll never happen though. 

11 minutes ago, Marky said:

That is exactly the line up I’d like to see. A real “fuck it” let’s just go for it line up.

It’ll never happen though. 

Still expecting him to go with O'Donnell at Right Back and McGregor in Midfield. 

3 hours ago, runningtings said:

Christie was beyond honking so I'd go with that team except Adams in for Christie.

He provided two of the best moments of first half, nice lay off for the Robertson chance and had nice bit of skill that took two Czech players out on the touchline before O'Donnell basically ran into him. Amazed he went off instead of Armstrong for Adams.

Big problem for Friday is the right back area, particularly if England start Grealish.

Edited by Tartan Chris

The vast majority want to bring in Patterson as the right wing back a position to the best of my knowledge he has never played bar 20 minutes for Scotland.

Clarke wasted the two friendlies to try out new players and different formations even if it was just for the second half in those games.

He should have tried out the following or something else at some point.

A keeper(not Gordon)

Patterson                        Hanley            Tierney/Cooper                       Robertson

McTominay                   Gilmour                     Mcginn

Christie                                  Fraser

Adams       

0 chance of this happening but if you want to compete you have to take chances. We don't even take them in friendlies. Probably some Parkhead attendees that would have Turnbull in Christies place.

Marshall 

Hanley Gallagher Tierney

Paterson McGinn Gilmour McGregor Robbo

Dykes Adam 

not the team I would have picked pre-match today for England game but Hendry, O’Donnell Christie McTominay were honking and Cooper not great either 

Dykes scrapes in for the amount of flick on headers he won rather than sitters missed 

how Adams didn’t start today  is beyond me 

If we play 3-5-2 can see their full backs ripping us multiple new arseholes. 

5-4-1 and see where we are at various staging posts for me. 

My confidence that we’ve learnt from Israel exploiting our limitations multiple times has been smashed to smithereens 

9 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

if you want to compete you have to take chances. We don't even take them in friendlies. Probably some Parkhead attendees that would have Turnbull in Christies place.

This is our problem. Clarke has shored up our defence and made us more difficult to beat but we also suffer for a lack of goals in us. That was the clear difference between the sides yesterday whilst they had a striker capable of a moment of magic and great prowess in front of goal. We do not have that. Unless we keep a clean sheet then there is a good chance we will lose in games. That needs changed. The defence is sort of sorted we now need to look to add more of an attacking threat going forward. For me that means getting Gilmour into the side and trying to integrate Turnbull into the side plus Patterson. Will it happen? I don't think so.