Steve Clarke again - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steve Clarke again

Burj_Alba

Got to say every time I hear or read anything from SC I am more impressed.

Great article in the Scotsman today. The way he is talking makes me think he is in this for the long term (about youngsters and future tournaments) . 

I for one hope this is the case whatever happens in the next 8 to 21 days.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/euro-2020-steve-clarke-on-missing-bus-for-argentina-78-and-hoping-scotland-get-feel-for-future-tournaments-3271075

He got it badly wrong with his subs and sub times today.

The only one he got correct was Adams at Halftime.

Forrest or Patterson should've been on at halftime for O'Donnell. It was beyond noticeable that we were offering absolutely nothing down the right side. Clarke changed it far too late. Forrest done far more in his limited time than O'Donnell all game.

McGregor came on and didn't really do a great deal. Gilmour would have been a far more positive and creative change.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

Not sure it's best to get on Clarkes back. He's been a decent appointment so far but it could be better. He needs to make sure we don't embarrass ourselves now in our last 2 games and then try and build some momentum in the wc qualifiers and get 2nd place. I am still happy with him as our manager but today was a poor choice in line ups and he has to drop a few guys for younger players and look to the future imo. 

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Not sure it's best to get on Clarkes back. He's been a decent appointment so far but it could be better. He needs to make sure we don't embarrass ourselves now in our last 2 games and then try and build some momentum in the wc qualifiers and get 2nd place. I am still happy with him as our manager but today was a poor choice in line ups and he has to drop a few guys for younger players and look to the future imo. 

We have already embarrassed ourselves today 

That was a costa rica level defeat

Getting humped 2-0 off an average level side in your own stadium with the eyes of the world on you

All I want is for Scotland to achieve what Wales and the two Irelands have done at competitive tournaments, arguably with lesser players than we can call upon. Look at Wales; lose their manager and have to appoint his assistant, then they go to Baku and draw with Switzerland who are a better side than the Czechs. Bale is not the player he was, Ramsey is struggling for fitness and the rest are Championship players in the main. We have potentially 9 EPL regulars, yet the team spirit of the other teams seems to add up to more than the sum of their parts. I thought with a half-decent coach and consistency of selection we could do the same, but no - back to the drawing board. Northern Ireland beat Ukraine in 2016 yet we struggle to beat teams only slightly ranked above us.