Scotland vs Czech Republic match thread🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland vs Czech Republic match thread🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿.

Big Ramy 1314

Well its finally here boys and girls. Not really much to say as it's all been said.. Cant wait.. Very curious to see the starting 11. Think we will start slow? Or will Clarke have us go right at them... Wonder if Billy Gilmour will get the nod...  Best of luck Scotland....🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to keep my positivity in check. If we play to our best and don't let the occasion get to us we can win and I reckon should win. We are on the rise whereas I feel the Czechs are in decline. Their threat will come from set pieces so we must be on our toes. Our pace will be the threat with the likes of Robertson and Tierney. Get them into the game and we are in business.

Just to add that Clarke and the 26 lads in the squad have a chance now to write themselves down into Scottish football folklore and become legends if things go well. The country is buzzing and right behind them and its great hearing people who you don't associate with football really getting passionate for this. Wow it is great being back - lets not please leave it 23 years again.

16 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Looking forward to this so much, really hope we can get off to a good start and then everything to play for.

Exactly mate.  To be honest, 3 points is a must today, then Friday march is colossal.. Come on boys..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Hmmm not huge on that selection.

Would've had Adams starting. Infact looks very much a selection to try to nulify Soucek and the other big units the Czechs have.

Guess plan is to keep things tight for an hour and then you at least have Adams, Gilmour, Forrest and Fraser all as options to throw on once game becomes a bit more stretched.

To just play for a draw here would be a bit odd.

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Just to add that Clarke and the 26 lads in the squad have a chance now to write themselves down into Scottish football folklore and become legends if things go well. The country is buzzing and right behind them and its great hearing people who you don't associate with football really getting passionate for this. Wow it is great being back - lets not please leave it 23 years again.

I think so, also I think there is a generational difference here: succeed or fail, it will be their own doing and not burdened with dashed expectations of the past.