Denmark Finland - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Denmark Finland

ParisInAKilt

6 hours ago, Haggis_trap said:

^ The most horrible thing I have ever seen watching live football.
Thoughts with Christian Ericksen and his family.  Please let him pull through this!
Wonderful player - The Danes are a great nation.

Can't help but wonder / speculate if his collapse is related to a recent covid vaccine...
Very unusual for athlete in their prime to collapse like that.

?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Haggis_trap said:

Can't help but wonder / speculate if his collapse is related to a recent covid vaccine...
Very unusual for athlete in their prime to collapse like that.

This has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I have seen posted on here.

He’s only 29 so probably hasn’t had a vaccine yet.

Did Davie Cooper have the vaccine? Did Phill O’Donnell? What about Fabrice Muamba? 

Talk about clueless. 

Very surreal for me, was watching the game with one of my best friends who is Danish and in Denmark and we were playing a computer game at the same time with some other friends. Then it happened and actually thought he had passed away, I know loads of folk pass away eac day but was very emotonal at the time for us.

Hopefully they can recover.

23 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

This has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I have seen posted on here.

Did Davie Cooper have the vaccine? Did Phill O’Donnell? What about Fabrice Muamba? 

Talk about clueless. 

It sounds mental I know, but I had a similar thought process. In the situation of what happened today, none of us here really know but I am glad that Christian is awake. 

To explain why someone would watch that horror today and consider, could it have been related to a recent jab? You have to know the alternative opinions and hear from the scores of medical professionals who have been sharing their research and thoughts on the jabs. Clearly not all medical issues are going to be jab related.

This is a football forum first of all but such things are more important than sports. If you've never heard of this or heard only one side rebutting ( often beating up a strawman) it is hard for people to grasp just what is apparently transpiring on a global scale with an open mind.

This is a good resource https://nojabforme.info/#startenglish

You can respectfully disagree with me,I won't take it personally. I'm more than willing to talk to anyone over PM or maybe there is a more appropriate board in this site to talk on this subject. 

2 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

It sounds mental I know, but I had a similar thought process. In the situation of what happened today, none of us here really know but I am glad that Christian is awake. 

To explain why someone would watch that horror today and consider, could it have been related to a recent jab? You have to know the alternative opinions and hear from the scores of medical professionals who have been sharing their research and thoughts on the jabs. Clearly not all medical issues are going to be jab related.

This is a football forum first of all but such things are more important than sports. If you've never heard of this or heard only one side rebutting ( often beating up a strawman) it is hard for people to grasp just what is apparently transpiring on a global scale with an open mind.

You can respectfully disagree with me,I won't take it personally. I'm more than willing to talk to anyone over PM or maybe there is a more appropriate board in this site to talk on this subject. 

Sorry mate but this is nonsense.  Absolute nonsense. 

If you have no proof that what happened tonight was anything to do with Covid vaccines then you should take a step back and think carefully before you say anything. 

37 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Sorry mate but this is nonsense.  Absolute nonsense. 

If you have no proof that what happened tonight was anything to do with Covid vaccines then you should take a step back and think carefully before you say anything. 

I chose my words carefully, I don't know it was jab related but I am considering that it could be.  I can share countless doctors and virologists sharing their concern that these jabs create a risk of blood clots.  I could ask you , who has expressed that its not related to a jab and taken an absolute position , how are you so certain, but I wont because neither of us knows what happened today.  

1 hour ago, romanticscot said:

It sounds mental I know,

I respectfully disagree with you, on all of it apart from your first statement.

1 hour ago, romanticscot said:

I chose my words carefully, I don't know it was jab related but I am considering that it could be.  I can share countless doctors and virologists sharing their concern that these jabs create a risk of blood clots.  I could ask you , who has expressed that its not related to a jab and taken an absolute position , how are you so certain, but I wont because neither of us knows what happened today.  

You can share countless doctor’s stories? Go on then. But please provide evidence of how they are connected to Eriksen’s collapse  

Scaremongering about what happened with Eriksen in relation to the vaccine is not only unhelpful it’s also irresponsible. 

Edited by Texas Pete

Feel for the danish players and even the Finnish guys to be given a choice between playing there and then or noon the next day. Given what had happened I’m not sure either is ideal, granted the players said sure let’s do it now but still a few days off and to see Eriksen might have put their minds at ease more. 

26 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

You can share countless doctor’s stories? Go on then. But please provide evidence of how they are connected to Eriksen’s collapse  

Scaremongering about what happened with Eriksen in relation to the vaccine is not only unhelpful it’s also irresponsible. 

As you have asked, I'll share them with you tomorrow in a PM for you and anyone else willing to read and listen, it's far different than the main stream media is portraying. 

5 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Talk about clueless. 

Fwiw : I am pro vacinne! It is the only way out of this mess (... and have taken my first jab).

However it is incredibly unusual for athlete at peak to collapse suddenly and require CPR. Its inevitable some will wonder if it is covid related (either to virus or vacinne reaction). As you say : speculation not helpful so will leave doctors to perform tests 

Most important thing is that Ericson appears to be ok. Horrible sequence of events.

4 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

He hasn't had covid in the past and he hasn't had a vaccine to date so we can cut out the pish right away. 

Agreed. Even if he had both, it would still be almost certainly unrelated. Anecdotal evidence is how you end up with anti-vaxxers and moon landing deniers. Correlation does not equal causation. Check sources and get your information from peer-reviewed academic studies, not YouTube and Facebook memes. (I'm not saying that's where the above got their ideas from)

1 minute ago, Tartan blood said:

Agreed. Even if he had both, it would still be almost certainly unrelated. Anecdotal evidence is how you end up with anti-vaxxers and moon landing deniers. Correlation does not equal causation. Check sources and get your information from peer-reviewed academic studies, not YouTube and Facebook memes. (I'm not saying that's where the above got their ideas from)

The moon landing pictures do look dodgy as fuck though.

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

Agreed. Sadly there have been examples in the past of athletes collapsing (Muamba) and even died (Foe). Both monitoring and intervention will have improved at the level of elite sport. However it can still happen and I'm sure sadly that every year there are people far less high profile who unexpectedly collapse on the park or in the gym or in the treadmill and their deaths do not register on the public consciousness. I'm glad that Erikson is alright but to link it to covid and vaccinations is highly irresponsibke

8 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Agreed. Sadly there have been examples in the past of athletes collapsing (Muamba) and even died (Foe). Both monitoring and intervention will have improved at the level of elite sport. However it can still happen and I'm sure sadly that every year there are people far less high profile who unexpectedly collapse on the park or in the gym or in the treadmill and their deaths do not register on the public consciousness. I'm glad that Erikson is alright but to link it to covid and vaccinations is highly irresponsibke

Yeah cardiac events are reasonably rare in young people, but unfortunately they do occur every day and sometimes in athletes.

Very frightening to witness first hand, but in some respects thankful it happened when there were so many well-trained people around to help. 

14 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Yeah cardiac events are reasonably rare in young people, but unfortunately they do occur every day and sometimes in athletes.

Very frightening to witness first hand, but in some respects thankful it happened when there were so many well-trained people around to help. 

Yes indeed they do.

Look at a great actor called Richard Beckinsale who died of a heart attack at 32. He was very health conscious and exercised very much.

20 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

A teenage son of a guy I worked with died playing football, same circumstances as Eriksen. It happens a lot more often than you'd think. 

The difference being that Eriksen had medical help immediately and the medical team had access to a defibrillator. 

It does. One of my London based colleagues died out running in his lunch hour. He was in his late 20’s , super fit, healthy eating , hardly drank at all. He was a poster boy . 
No warnings or anything. Just collapsed and died. Incredibly sad. Left a wife and child. 

Edited by TDYER63

3 hours ago, Haggis_trap said:

Fwiw : I am pro vacinne! It is the only way out of this mess (... and have taken my first jab).

However it is incredibly unusual for athlete at peak to collapse suddenly and require CPR. Its inevitable some will wonder if it is covid related (either to virus or vacinne reaction). As you say : speculation not helpful so will leave doctors to perform tests 

Most important thing is that Ericson appears to be ok. Horrible sequence of events.

As far as I’m aware nobody has just dropped like that due to being vaccinated and we don’t even know if he has been.

Undetected health conditions are probably far more common than we’d like to believe. 

Anyway, I’m sure a cause will be announced at some point.