Copenhagen - General Euro 2020 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Copenhagen

Toepoke

19 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

That’s great, sitting here with tears

Awful scenes had me in tears.

So amazed the medical staff have literally performed a miracle and got Christian safely to hospital. Hope he can now fully pull through this.

It may of course mean end of his playing career but being alive itself dwarfs anything else.

I think the BBC should cut their coverage and went back to the studio long before they did.

It’s looking promising now, but it didn’t at the time and they were showing his wife being comforted on the touch line.

Edited to say, DD had already made my point but never noticed, apologies. 

Edited by Jersey Jim

10 hours ago, tartandon said:

There's n excuse for BBC not pulling the pictures. Danish tv switched to drone footage above the stadium. So no excuse for BBC not to also switch pictures

I was in the kitchen listening to it on the radio and they cut to the cricket commentary.I went in to the other room where my wife had it on tv and suddenly you can see the medics doing CPR! I don't think I've ever seen as shocking on live television.

The Danish manager has said they were given two options - either finish the match on Saturday night or replay the match at noon on Sunday. That is horrific. The match should have been abandoned as a draw. The players will have been traumatised and there could be long term psychological impacts on each of them.

Making the teams play when they are potentially suffering from PTSD is not something that should have happened

51 minutes ago, tartandon said:

The Danish manager has said they were given two options - either finish the match on Saturday night or replay the match at noon on Sunday. That is horrific. The match should have been abandoned as a draw. The players will have been traumatised and there could be long term psychological impacts on each of them.

Making the teams play when they are potentially suffering from PTSD is not something that should have happened

I'd thought it was a case of the players insisting they played on, but that's terrible if they were given those conditions. 

I'd tipped Denmark to go quite far in the competition but I think that's extremely unlikely now, their minds will be all over the place.