Daft things pundits say - Euro 2020 - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Daft things pundits say - Euro 2020

ParisInAKilt

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see any roundups of Euro 2020 on BBC or ITV? I mean last night after the final.

I saw a brief montage of highlights of the tournament, on one of  those channels, I can't remember which, where if I'm not mistaken, they showed the Schick goal but not the Scotland goal? Or did I miss it?

Surely any national broadcaster (of a normal country) would show at least one positive highlight from their national team's campaign, even if they also showed some of the lows as well as the highs?

Edited by exile

On 7/10/2021 at 8:57 PM, TDYER63 said:

Mens doubles final at Wimbledon.

English commentator to American commentator ‘so, is it coming home ?
🤬🤬🤬🤬

Andrew Cotter raging at Boris Becker for referring to him as English was funny. 

11 minutes ago, exile said:

Did anyone see any roundups of Euro 2020 on BBC or ITV? I mean last night after the final.

I saw a brief montage of highlights of the tournament, on one of  those channels, I can't remember which, where if I'm not mistaken, they showed the Schick goal but not the Scotland goal? Or did I miss it?

Surely any national broadcaster (of a normal country) would show at least one positive highlight from their national team's campaign, even if they also showed some of the lows as well as the highs?

They don’t see us as equals. It has been that way since the “union” was formed. Well, not always on TV obviously…😂

3 hours ago, exile said:

You didn't miss it cos it wasn't there. The Modric one got shown as well though. Still, a small price to pay for a fabulous evening's entertainment.  :)

17 minutes ago, daviebee said:

You didn't miss it cos it wasn't there. The Modric one got shown as well though. Still, a small price to pay for a fabulous evening's entertainment.  :)

So it's exactly what a national broadcaster would do to troll a rival country.

Except they claim to be representing our country too, and require us to pay them for it by force of law. 

Then wonder why we consider nights like last night fabulous entertainment.

Edited by exile