Daft things pundits say - Euro 2020 - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Daft things pundits say - Euro 2020

ParisInAKilt

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Ferdinand- ‘Pickford was in control and made Muller miss’ 

No mate he fell on his arse the wrong way but instead of passing it into the corner Muller sklaffed it.

Ferdinand is a stupid cunt

29 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Ferdinand- ‘Pickford was in control and made Muller miss’ 

No mate he fell on his arse the wrong way but instead of passing it into the corner Muller sklaffed it.

Made him miss 🤣

Uri Geller claiming he made Gary McAllister miss in '96 is more credible!

13 hours ago, scotlad said:

Made him miss 🤣

Uri Geller claiming he made Gary McAllister miss in '96 is more credible!

Worst of it is he was just repeating pish Jenas had come out with 10 minutes earlier.  

I thought I'd matured enough to revert from ABE and more towards 'may the best team win' but this is pushing my fucking limits.  The pundits were telling us for weeks they've the most talented group of players in yonks with loads and loads and loads and loads of super sexy flair players yet are revelling in them playing football that makes Greece look like the Harlem Globetrotters.   

I had to turn the Sweden game off because became concerned Jonathan Pearce and Keown might stop just flirting with the idea and actually start wanking each other off whilst randomly grunting England players names before screaming in concert orgasmic gratification 'Siiiiiiiixxxxty Sixxxxx!' before passing each other a fag  'Do you know the last time we went this far in a tournament  without conceding?'  Oh just fuck off.   

2 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Worst of it is he was just repeating pish Jenas had come out with 10 minutes earlier.  

I thought I'd matured enough to revert from ABE and more towards 'may the best team win' but this is pushing my fucking limits.  The pundits were telling us for weeks they've the most talented group of players in yonks with loads and loads and loads and loads of super sexy flair players yet are revelling in them playing football that makes Greece look like the Harlem Globetrotters.   

I had to turn the Sweden game off because became concerned Jonathan Pearce and Keown might stop just flirting with the idea and actually start wanking each other off whilst randomly grunting England players names before screaming in concert orgasmic gratification 'Siiiiiiiixxxxty Sixxxxx!' before passing each other a fag  'Do you know the last time we went this far in a tournament  without conceding?'  Oh just fuck off.   

You sum up my feelings exactly. I also hate this disrespect to the opponents playing: "How would England fare against either of these teams?"

57 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

You sum up my feelings exactly. I also hate this disrespect to the opponents playing: "How would England fare against either of these teams?"

At one point he said but its knock out football, there could be a a bad refereeing decision, a freak goal against us. 

No way they're getting knocked out fair and square. 

C'MON UKRAINE!!!! 🇺🇦 

2 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

:lol:

We don't want you to "mature" if it stops you coming out with gems like this. :lol:

Every tournament since about 2016 I kept thinking I was old enough now to get beyond the ABE stuff, and even in this tournament I would just turn off the TV or change to ESPN if watching e.g Belgium v Russia and the half time discussion was about England.

TBH, they deserved their win yesterday. Germany have been poor for a few years now and the likes of Neuer, Muller, Kroos, Hummels should probably step aside.

Saying that, I was already wanting Ukraine though as I think they´ll provide more of a test for England than Sweden would - they were awful in the WC 2018 and would just sit back the whole game on the counter. Ukraine will most likely play to a similar style, but they'll least have a go and have better players to test England.

But yes, ABE is back and until Saturday I'm Ukrainian.

3 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Repeating what Jermaine Jenas said must be the punditry equivalent of copying the class dumpling's homework because you "forgot" to do your own.  :lol:

England are a good team who go about their business pretty well.  I don't have anything against their players or their coach on a personal level, and I am confident the overwhelming majority of their supporters aren't complete scumbags; but thanks to the ones who are, like the mutants with the weird penchant for screenshotting images of crying weans in the crowd and abusing them on social media -  I hope their team gets fucked.  :)

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Repeating what Jermaine Jenas said must be the punditry equivalent of copying the class dumpling's homework because you "forgot" to do your own.  :lol:

England are a good team who go about their business pretty well.  I don't have anything against their players or their coach on a personal level, and I am confident the overwhelming majority of their supporters aren't complete scumbags; but thanks to the ones who are, like the mutants with the weird penchant for screenshotting images of crying weans in the crowd and abusing them on social media -  I hope their team gets fucked.  :)

Yeah there was a bizarre fascination with that on the Stoke site - seemed to be loads of them who were kids during defeat in 90 or 96 where seeing German kids crying now added to their own enjoyment which is deeply weird.  It would make more sense being happy seeing fat middle aged Germans pissed off but in some quarters of England during tournament football rationality is out the window.    

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Yeah there was a bizarre fascination with that on the Stoke site - seemed to be loads of them who were kids during defeat in 90 or 96 where seeing German kids crying now added to their own enjoyment which is deeply weird.  It would make more sense being happy seeing fat middle aged Germans pissed off but in some quarters of England during tournament football rationality is out the window.    

Oh, absolutely. Fat middle aged fans are fair game, they can stick up for themselves. Instead we have fat middle aged fans picking on kids, who can't.  Weird behaviour. Makes me wonder what a psychologist would make of it.

Edited by scotlad

Not exactly punditry but one of the headlines this morning on Lorraine was “is it coming home?” 
I wish they would rap that pish… it’s going to be unbearable if they actually reach the final!

Lorraine should know better as well

2 hours ago, SWMM82 said:

Not exactly punditry but one of the headlines this morning on Lorraine was “is it coming home?” 
I wish they would rap that pish… it’s going to be unbearable if they actually reach the final!

Lorraine should know better as well

Same but different, I had to switch off the breakfast show on radio 2 this morning, Zoe Ball's chair must have been soaking.

Looking forward to at least 180 minutes of insightful commentary to the threats, if any, Switzerland, Spain, Belgium and Italy pose to English collective ejaculation.

I'm going go:

Switzerland - collective agreement they're too shit beat Engerlund and are just a Pound Land Germany anyway.   

Spain - were good but Morata is no Kane and Engerlund have more match winners. 

Belgium - Cut to studio where three loins in a shirt collectively agree they must be wank now because their defence is no longer good enough for Spurs

Italy - Agreement their manager looks nice but could he carry a waistcoat?  Apart from that defence is old and match winners aren't as good as Engerlunds because they mainly play in Seria A which must be wank in comparison to the Premier League.

May the Bullshit, boaby bashing, brit boastfest, buzzword wankathon bingo commence.  

I'd make it a drinking game but if any of the above came from Martin Keown I'd be unlikely to fucking stop until I had tried to sack York wearing nothing but a kilt and twenty seven Nerf bullet belts across my chest like a bat shit mental institutionalised John Rambo with the residence having barely forgiven me for the last time.       

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Graeme Souness confessing on ITV prior to the Spain V Switzerland match confessing his son is an England fan who is going around in an England top singing:'Football's coming home.'

Oh dear.

And?

He’s probably barely set foot in Scotland in his life 🤣

26 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And?

My brother has a son who was born in England and lived there all their life and is a Scotland fan.

I don’t see your point.

Someone born and raised in England supporting England doesn’t sound unusual to me. 

10 hours ago, exile said:

Linekar more or less congratulating the Italians for seeing the game out by falling over and timewasting.

Still sticks on my craw when teams do that. How the ref allowed that Italian to spend ages on the ground after pulling up and flagging for help about 3 ft from the touchline. Spoils the game. I'm gunning for either Czechs or Denmark now! 

30 minutes ago, gkm_vancouver said:

Still sticks on my craw when teams do that. How the ref allowed that Italian to spend ages on the ground after pulling up and flagging for help about 3 ft from the touchline. Spoils the game. I'm gunning for either Czechs or Denmark now! 

I just hope to god none of the Ukraine players wink tonight.

images (16).jpg

1 hour ago, gkm_vancouver said:

Exactly. No matter how brilliant their 2 goals, I can as a neutral choose another team to 'follow'.

It brought back bad memories of 2007, too. I'd 'loove it' if one day the boot is on the other foot.

2 hours ago, gkm_vancouver said:

👍 it was embarrassing. Denmark for me.