Daft things pundits say - Euro 2020 - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Daft things pundits say - Euro 2020

ParisInAKilt

32 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

They should be forced to present the coverage from a British point of view but they’re not. Alternatively, BBC Scotland should be given the required budget to present and commentate on games but they’re not. 

Luckily I haven’t had to suffer much of it as I have been lucky enough to have been to both of our games and I have a ticket for tonight’s game but I have still seen enough to make me sick. 

I'm sure they didn't used to be as bad as this - could be my memory playing tricks though, it has been a while since we were in a tournament after all!

In terms of overt bias though, Wales' Robbie Savage is the worst pundit of all.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

That’s because it is. 

Was going to reply similar.

Do you think the English would put up with punditry from Germany or France for their coverage and everything was turned around to talk about those countries, would they fuck, so why do we? Second class citizens in the UK. 

10 minutes ago, chaff said:

Was going to reply similar.

Do you think the English would put up with punditry from Germany or France for their coverage and everything was turned around to talk about those countries, would they fuck, so why do we? Second class citizens in the UK. 

Good question.  I mind we had a vote on matters like this a few years ago - most people must have concluded it was a price worth paying.  🤷‍♂️

"This is what you want, this is what you get", as John Lydon once sang...

5 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Good question.  I mind we had a vote on matters like this a few years ago - most people must have concluded it was a price worth paying.  🤷‍♂️

I stopped paying my tv licence this year. Its bad enough listening to it without knowing you have paid to listen to it. 

9 minutes ago, scotlad said:

True

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I stopped paying my tv licence this year. Its bad enough listening to it without knowing you have paid to listen to it. 

I toy with cancelling mine too, from time to time.  Have you had any hassle since you stopped paying?

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

I toy with cancelling mine too, from time to time.  Have you had any hassle since you stopped paying?

I havent heard a thing since sending the above letter….

I normally paid by direct debit and just cancelled it months ago. Only thing I got was a letter recently asking me if I wanted to change from a paperless licence. So they must think I pay manually. I just binned it. 

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

I havent heard a thing since sending the above letter….

I normally paid by direct debit and just cancelled it months ago. Only thing I got was a letter recently asking me if I wanted to change from a paperless licence. So they must think I pay manually. I just binned it. 

There is an excellent guy on YouTube that gives you tips in dealing with them

Not a daft thing, but telling nevertheless. ITV pundit says somethng like Croatia did remarkably well given they are only 4 million and Spain are 50 million. Something you never hear them say when England is the 55 million team against countries less than a tenth of their size.

5 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Emma Hayes and her happy la Queta , well I suppose he was happy at the result.

Yeah, noticed she kept calling him that. Then I thought, ‘she is actually employed by Chelsea, maybe that’s how you’re supposed to pronounce it and everyone else is wrong….’

Please please Germany, do the rest of the world a favour & pump the arrogant pricks, BBC (EBC) spent the first 10 minutes of the lunchtime news on Engurlunds game, must be the most important world news today 🤬🤬🤬

On 6/22/2021 at 12:58 PM, scotlad said:

I'm sure they didn't used to be as bad as this - could be my memory playing tricks though, it has been a while since we were in a tournament after all!

In terms of overt bias though, Wales' Robbie Savage is the worst pundit of all.

“In terms of bias” ??? In terms of anything …he’s got to be the worst. I’m not sure what his first language is but he takes so bloody long to try and translate his thoughts into words I imagine most viewers have already finished his sentence.  

Edited by darkbluegas

1 hour ago, darkbluegas said:

“In terms of bias” ??? In terms of anything …he’s got to be the worst. I’m not sure what his first language is but he takes so bloody long to try and translate his thoughts into words I imagine most viewers have already finished his sentence.  

:lol:

Maybe he sounds better in Welsh!

If I can say anything for Savage it is this: younger generations see dreadful pundits like Paul Merson, Matt Le Tissier and Charlie Nicholas and only know them as auld men havering pish on Sky Sports, without realising or appreciating that they were once excellent footballers.  It's a kind of cruel twist of fate.  With Robbie Savage, though, you don't get that.  He was as much a prat as a player as he is now as a pundit!