Daft things pundits say - Euro 2020 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Daft things pundits say - Euro 2020

ParisInAKilt

Micah Richards to kick it off 

I actually think France are going to struggle. They have got too much quality and that means too many arguments. You know what it's like in the camp - it will be who's taking the free-kick? Who's taking the penalty? There will be too much ego in that squad, so they are going to struggle - you heard it here first.”

Clutching at straws there, think he’s forgetting mostly the same squad won the World Cup and got to the last euro final. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I actually think France are going to struggle. They have got too much quality and that means too many arguments. You know what it's like in the camp - it will be who's taking the free-kick? Who's taking the penalty? There will be too much ego in that squad, so they are going to struggle - you heard it here first.”

Clutching at straws there, think he’s forgetting mostly the same squad won the World Cup and got to the last euro final. 

Having too much quality in a squad is always a recipe for disaster. Should've left Mbappe and Griezmann out and picked a couple of lads from the Parisian pub league instead. 

7 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

This could be a long thread, especially if it involves Micah Richards. Thought he only had two kinds of response - stating the bleedin obvious and a hyena laugh. Looks like he can add talking b*ll*cks to that list now as well. Bring back Alan Hansen.

3 hours ago, gkm_vancouver said:

This could be a long thread, especially if it involves Micah Richards. Thought he only had two kinds of response - stating the bleedin obvious and a hyena laugh. Looks like he can add talking b*ll*cks to that list now as well. Bring back Alan Hansen.

BBC punditry is brutal now.

Kilnsmann should be good and think Charlie Adam is actually pretty decent in that he isn't afraid of having an opinion.

The likes of rambling bore Mark Hughes and Shelley (four cliches a minute) Kerr will be grim however.

3 hours ago, gkm_vancouver said:

His "He wants shooting for defending like that" is a quote that is going to be hard to beat. :lol:

2 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Shelley Kerr can fuck off. It’s not about her being a woman it’s about her being an idiot who’s not worth listening to.

Get the impression she's a nasty piece of work too. Gives dirty looks and daggers when someone else speaks.

The story about her behaviour after the Women's World Cup was unsurprising.

3 hours ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

BBC punditry is brutal now.

Kilnsmann should be good and think Charlie Adam is actually pretty decent in that he isn't afraid of having an opinion.

The likes of rambling bore Mark Hughes and Shelley (four cliches a minute) Kerr will be grim however.

Wait until Shearer gets going.. Him by himself could be 20 pages.

Yes I know Wright is a different beast during international competitions but think he gives good insights whenever I see him on that show with King Kenny's daughter.

Shearer, on the other hand, is a monosyllabic, tedious, predictable moron whose ... ahem..."knowledge" knows no further bounds than the English premier League. 

7 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

There’s nothing better than seeing Wright when England have lost though. 

Yes but in fairness to Shearer he never holds back with criticism of England unlike Wright. Shearer criticises England whilst Wright either cries or blames the ref or the moon being in conjunction with Jupiter rather than blame England.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

36 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Yes I know Wright is a different beast during international competitions but think he gives good insights whenever I see him on that show with King Kenny's daughter.

Shearer, on the other hand, is a monosyllabic, tedious, predictable moron whose ... ahem..."knowledge" knows no further bounds than the English premier League. 

I quite like Wright at internationals too as he comes across as just being a fan. 

57 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I quite like Wright at internationals too as he comes across as just being a fan. 

Each to their own. Rather than a pundit he comes across as a cheerleader figure like an English fan who often gets peoples backs up on here - a bit like the BBC's Rugby Union pundit Brian Moore. Never players faults and no team are ever better than England even when they get beat.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

12 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

There’s nothing better than seeing Wright when England have lost though. 

Will always remember Wright saying Joe Hart shouldn't be playing in the next round when they were losing to Iceland at half time, he still assumed they were going through. Thankfully he got his wish. 

33 minutes ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

John Hartson during Austria v Macedonia - "Surely if you're saying that's reckless it should be more than a yellow."

Laws of the game states:

• reckless – caution the offender for unsporting behaviour

How these guys get paid to provide expert opinions whilst lacking the most basic knowledge of the rules is beyond me.

John Hartson is a complete donut