Away With The Tartan Army - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Away With The Tartan Army

King Of Paisley

Absolutely brilliant programme. Brought back so many memories. Personally, Paris 2007 won it out the park. Found out the night before I was going to France that I was going to be a dad. Then Faddy...well guess the rest......

Really hitting home we are back in a tournament at long last. Out of office on tomorrow. Then it begins........

59 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Absolutely brilliant programme. Brought back so many memories. Personally, Paris 2007 won it out the park. Found out the night before I was going to France that I was going to be a dad. Then Faddy...well guess the rest......

Really hitting home we are back in a tournament at long last. Out of office on tomorrow. Then it begins........

Cheers for starting a duplicate thread mate 🥴 

Are you on the sauce already? I mean it's not even on a different page 😎 Anyway, agree it was a great show. Now away and post on my thread.

20 hours ago, aaid said:

First time I’ve seen the footage of the orohanage in Sarajevo.  Don’t mind admitting I was welling up watching it. 

Yeah I'd not seen that before. And finally learnt where the children's charities idea started. Absolute 100% respect to all our fellow Tartan Army members who were involved.

11 hours ago, buckielugger said:

Yeah I'd not seen that before. And finally learnt where the children's charities idea started. Absolute 100% respect to all our fellow Tartan Army members who were involved.

There had been other similar appeals, Minsk in 97 for example for Children of Chernobyl.  After the game in Sarajevo, there was an appeal after the game to raise money to fund a prosthetic limb for a young Bosnian kid called Kemal Karic.  It was mostly coordinated through this forum.  That led directly into the Sunshine Appeal as those involved kept it going and put it onto the formal and regular footing that everyone’s aware of.

5 minutes ago, aaid said:

There had been other similar appeals, Minsk in 97 for example for Children of Chernobyl.  After the game in Sarajevo, there was an appeal after the game to raise money to fund a prosthetic limb for a young Bosnian kid called Kemal Karic.  It was mostly coordinated through this forum.  That led directly into the Sunshine Appeal as those involved kept it going and put it onto the formal and regular footing that everyone’s aware of.

💙😀💙

3 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

Of course the charity work was superb and deserved to be there.

Who was the overly miserable fella? Wanted to give him a shake. 

He’s even worse in real life 😂

38 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

I’m probably the most positive man ever when it comes to Scotland

I thought that show verged in embarrassing with the amount of defeats and draws that were shown.

Good luck finding the victories!