ID for Euro games - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

ID for Euro games

Miggins

7 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Does anyone know if 1/ they are actually checking ID

2/ a driving license will be acceptable ( don’t want to use my passport)

I would imagine they will be checking everyone’s ID at Wembley to make sure our Covid test texts actually belong to us but not sure about Hampden. Spot checks maybe?

UEFA website states passport or ID card required for both venues. Since we don’t have National ID cards in this country I’m sure driving licence will be fine. A steward would need to be a major arsehole not to accept a licence as ID.

Driving license is permitted. The English FA confirmed this in comms to their supporters club about entry requirement at Wembley. While there are differences (like COVID test/vaccine proof), the ID element won’t be any different for Hampden. Just remember though that you would need to go into your ticket on the app and change the ID details if you had originally registered your passport.

•  
  • Information information for Croatia game. See link below 

www.thefa.com/.../euro-2020-and-nhs-app

• Failure to provide one of these forms of evidence will mean you are unable to enter the stadium

• Food and drink will be available inside the stadium on all levels – this includes alcohol

• Flags and banners will be allowed into the ground without the need for filling out a form prior to the match

• Your ID – ticket holders will be asked to show a valid photo ID upon entry (i.e. passport or driver’s license)

• If you do not have a smartphone please head to UEFA’s Ticket Office, located at the Wembley Arena, on match day or the day before from 10:00

• Proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test (LFT) via the NHS App if you are 16 and over and registered with a GP in England. Your LFT result will show in the NHS App once you have reported it using the NHS self-report tool. Our LFT result will show in the NHS App once you have reported it. You can access it via the Share my status tab (passcode euros)

• Or proof of full vaccination - both doses received at least 14 days prior tothe match (demonstrated via the NHS App or via the Scottish or Welsh vaccination record services)

• Your face mask – Unless you have proof of exemption you will not be allowed entry without one

• UEFA have given every ticket holder a 30-minute entry slot. It is strongly recommended that you arrive in this time slot to help facilitate social distancing when entering the stadium. If you arrive late for your slot you will still be allowed entry into the ground

•  

19 hours ago, mwng said:

Do you need ID for the hampden games? Can’t see anything about it on the tickets app.

The UEFA website states you need ID for Hampden (or at least it did last week) but the email UEFA sent this morning doesn’t mention ID it just says you need your ticket and a mask. 

I’ll have my licence on me anyway but it is a little confusing.