Jump to content

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Fuck all wrong with me mate. This place has been great the last couple of days. 

Something is clearly wrong with you as well as just having the same banter.

Edited by Taylor1996
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Something is clearly wrong with you as well as just having the same banter.

Nope. Everything is fine at this end. 

That’s rich coming from the guy who posts the same drivel over and over again. 

Anyway, I though I had you on ignore so I’ll need to check that and sort it so another thread isn’t needlessly ruined. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

Nope. Everything is fine at this end. 

That’s rich coming from the guy who posts the same drivel over and over again. 

Anyway, I though I had you on ignore so I’ll need to check that and sort it so another thread isn’t needlessly ruined. 

Yeah. 4.6 billion people have access to the net. But all of them are me.

Nutcase.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LeightonsRicketts said:

Just standing there does nothing to highlight the fight against racial inequality.  I would have liked us to have formed some manner of demonstration. Linking arms with the opposition would have been a powerful gesture. Perhaps a warm up top with an anti-racist message. Or holding up a sign before kick off, or when the captains exchange tokens. 

England's battle with their racist support and their player's highlighted stance of taking a knee just makes it look like we are being contrary and our players perceived as bigots. I feel the majority of players may well have ceded to a couple of more vocal voices in the group who are against taking a knee, to the detriment of the group.

Utter fucking nonsense, it's a football game FFS, not a political rally.

Link to post
Share on other sites

An Irish lad I know at work is going to the game in the England “end” and plans to boo it (from behind a face mask) principally because he reckons that if it sounds like it’s coming from the England fans, it will demotivate their players. That’s some interesting thinking! Doubt he’ll have the cojones tho.

It’ll just end up getting clapped and come full time, racism will be solved forever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

Clarke and Robertson confirm that the Scotland team will take the knee at Wembley in solidarity with the England players who are doing so.

Good decision, wouldn't have looked great at all.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lion Rampant said:

Clarke and Robertson confirm that the Scotland team will take the knee at Wembley in solidarity with the England players who are doing so.

The wrong decision. Nothing wrong with standing and acknowledging the UEFA "Respect" logo as a show of commitment against racism.

Why take a knee when it's such a divisive gesture?

I'll be booing it at Wembley.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

The wrong decision. Nothing wrong with standing and acknowledging the UEFA "Respect" logo as a show of commitment against racism.

Why take a knee when it's such a divisive gesture?

I'll be booing it at Wembley.

So it's quite clearly been said it's being done as a show of solidarity for black players and those affected by racism... and you're going to boo it? To be fair, you sound like a cock.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

Why is it divisive?

It has nothing at all to do with BLM.

Black Lives Matter: Premier League clubs send powerful message by taking a knee | Football News | Sky Sports

 

"Burnley joined Manchester City in taking a knee as their match kicked off on Monday night, becoming the 20th Premier League club to show support for the Black Lives Matter movement."

 

Not sure if you've been living under a rock but fairly obvious it has everything to do with BLM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, duncan II said:

So it's quite clearly been said it's being done as a show of solidarity for black players and those affected by racism... and you're going to boo it? To be fair, you sound like a cock.

That's kind of you, thanks very much.

If you looked at opinion polls you'd see fans are split around 50/50 on the gesture so certainly not a unifying gesture.

Like it or not, the gesture is synonymous with the repugnant BLM organisation as per previous statements made by the FA, Premier League and Harry Kane.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

That's kind of you, thanks very much.

If you looked at opinion polls you'd see fans are split around 50/50 on the gesture so certainly not a unifying gesture.

Like it or not, the gesture is synonymous with the repugnant BLM organisation as per previous statements made by the FA, Premier League and Harry Kane.

You can disagree with it if you like, that's valid (although I don't agree). But to stand and openly vent just makes those doing it appear to disagree with a show of solidarity against racism. It doesn't help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, duncan II said:

You can disagree with it if you like, that's valid (although I don't agree). But to stand and openly vent just makes those doing it appear to disagree with a show of solidarity against racism. It doesn't help.

They had it right the first time with standing up to racism which we can all (minus a small number of real racists) agree with.

It gets booed because of the ultimate BLM aims of dismantling the nuclear family and defunding the police. It gets booed because people have had enough of being patronised and called racist if they don't adhere to the dogma. It gets booed because it's a token gesture rather than action. It gets booed because of the rank hypocrisy of multi-millionaire footballers' self-righteous knee-taking with no qualms about playing a World Cup in Qatar.

Ultimately it gets booed because we live in a free society where people can express opinions against/for these matters. You have every right to applaud it, others have every right to object.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ssment

14 minutes ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

They had it right the first time with standing up to racism which we can all (minus a small number of real racists) agree with.

It gets booed because of the ultimate BLM aims of dismantling the nuclear family and defunding the police. It gets booed because people have had enough of being patronised and called racist if they don't adhere to the dogma. It gets booed because it's a token gesture rather than action. It gets booed because of the rank hypocrisy of multi-millionaire footballers' self-righteous knee-taking with no qualms about playing a World Cup in Qatar.

Ultimately it gets booed because we live in a free society where people can express opinions against/for these matters. You have every right to applaud it, others have every right to object.

ssment

13 minutes ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

They had it right the first time with standing up to racism which we can all (minus a small number of real racists) agree with.

It gets booed because of the ultimate BLM aims of dismantling the nuclear family and defunding the police. It gets booed because people have had enough of being patronised and called racist if they don't adhere to the dogma. It gets booed because it's a token gesture rather than action. It gets booed because of the rank hypocrisy of multi-millionaire footballers' self-righteous knee-taking with no qualms about playing a World Cup in Qatar.

Ultimately it gets booed because we live in a free society where people can express opinions against/for these matters. You have every right to applaud it, others have every right to object.

Well said.Sums it up.Anybody who thinks that taking the knee is nothing to do with those blm arseholes is either naive or just plain stupid.It makes me wince with embarressment everytime i see those idiots down on their knees .Just phoney beyond belief.It means nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thesaint said:

ssment

ssment

Well said.Sums it up.Anybody who thinks that taking the knee is nothing to do with those blm arseholes is either naive or just plain stupid.It makes me wince with embarressment everytime i see those idiots down on their knees .Just phoney beyond belief.It means nothing.

Exactly, you've got to laugh at the sight of £300,000 a week players groveling around on their knees in support of an anti-capitalist organisation.

Take a living wage salary if you feel that strongly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

Black Lives Matter: Premier League clubs send powerful message by taking a knee | Football News | Sky Sports

 

"Burnley joined Manchester City in taking a knee as their match kicked off on Monday night, becoming the 20th Premier League club to show support for the Black Lives Matter movement."

 

Not sure if you've been living under a rock but fairly obvious it has everything to do with BLM.

Yeah. Just because BLM hijacked the symbolic gesture in no way means that they've controlled the original narrative.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/nfl/news/12118/12170048/colin-kaepernick-how-taking-a-knee-started-after-nfl-quarterback-met-nate-boyer

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

Yeah. Just because BLM hijacked the symbolic gesture in no way means that they've controlled the original narrative.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/nfl/news/12118/12170048/colin-kaepernick-how-taking-a-knee-started-after-nfl-quarterback-met-nate-boyer

Using your logic flying a swastika is all good as the symbol originates from a Hindu symbol meaning "good luck".

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

Exactly, you've got to laugh at the sight of £300,000 a week players groveling around on their knees in support of an anti-capitalist organisation.

Take a living wage salary if you feel that strongly.

Ain't that the truth.Totally phoney .

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

An Irish lad I know at work is going to the game in the England “end” and plans to boo it (from behind a face mask) principally because he reckons that if it sounds like it’s coming from the England fans, it will demotivate their players. That’s some interesting thinking! Doubt he’ll have the cojones tho.

It’ll just end up getting clapped and come full time, racism will be solved forever.

No doubt you'll get booing by England fans of Scotland players for not taking the knee but their players will think they are being booed for taking the knee.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

The wrong decision. Nothing wrong with standing and acknowledging the UEFA "Respect" logo as a show of commitment against racism.

Why take a knee when it's such a divisive gesture?

I'll be booing it at Wembley.

I think it's the correct decision for the England game. Showing support...

 

 

 

 

 

you are going to boo people who are taking a stand against against racism.

 

Wonder what that makes you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...