Taking the knee - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Taking the knee

kumnio

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

Don't worry about me old bean - I and thousands of others who will be booing it will be there

I’m going to find out where you work and come round and boo you. Oh wait, that would be pathetic, pointless and embarrassing. 

If you are going to boo our players maybe you shouldn’t have bothered buying a ticket so a real supporter could’ve gone? 

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I’m going to find out where you work and come round and boo you. Oh wait, that would be pathetic, pointless and embarrassing. 

If you are going to boo our players maybe you shouldn’t have bothered buying a ticket so a real supporter could’ve gone? 

Try having your business covered in BLM graffiti before making judgements.

Idiot.

Just now, Hercules Rockefeller said:

Idiot.

What does that have to do with anything? Our players don’t represent BLM. If you don’t understand that then you have a cheek calling me an idiot.

How do you think our players are going to feel if they hear sections of our support booing them? If seeing footballers kneeling offends you in some way then maybe going to football matches isn’t for you? You don’t need to agree with the kneeling but if you boo our players for doing it then you should be nowhere near a Scotland game. 

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

What does that have to do with anything? Our players don’t represent BLM. If you don’t understand that then you have a cheek calling me an idiot.

How do you think our players are going to feel if they hear sections of our support booing them? If seeing footballers kneeling offends you in some way then maybe going to football matches isn’t for you? You don’t need to agree with the kneeling but if you boo our players for doing it then you should be nowhere near a Scotland game. 

The original purpose of kneeling was for BLM. If you look at opinion polls you'll see most BAME Britons think BLM have escalated racial tensions. We need to get away from that organisation and movement altogether. It's undoing the great work over the past decades.

The objection is to that, not the players who have been put up to this token gesture. I'll be applauding the standing up to racism because it's not divisive.

You could say the same thing about people booing the team off. Most of us have done that at some time or another.

6 minutes ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

The original purpose of kneeling was for BLM. If you look at opinion polls you'll see most BAME Britons think BLM have escalated racial tensions. We need to get away from that organisation and movement altogether. It's undoing the great work over the past decades.

The objection is to that, not the players who have been put up to this token gesture. I'll be applauding the standing up to racism because it's not divisive.

You could say the same thing about people booing the team off. Most of us have done that at some time or another.

I’m not a big fan of booing at any time but if a team makes an arse of themselves they bring that booing on themselves and it will have no impact on the game. 

If people boo our players next week before a ball is even kicked and it affects even one of them it could have a bearing on the outcome of the game. Booing the players will achieve nothing. 

1 hour ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

It's often better to engage in the point rather than name-calling; a clear sign you have nothing of substance to contribute.

33 minutes ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

Idiot.

Well, that was quick. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

I’m not a big fan of booing at any time but if a team makes an arse of themselves they bring that booing on themselves and it will have no impact on the game. 

If people boo our players next week before a ball is even kicked and it affects even one of them it could have a bearing on the outcome of the game. Booing the players will achieve nothing. 

Spot on.

1 hour ago, Hercules Rockefeller said:

Booing is showing diapproval. The only winners of booing an anti-racist gesture are racists.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Lets stop all this pish and watch it for what is a - A FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT.

I support this statement. 

Kneel, stand, boo. Each to their own. 

It's the football that brings people together, even when their politics are worlds apart. 

The whole thing is a big palaver. The first mistake of this whole camp was saying anything at all. 

The English team were in a shit state with it and we should have left them to it.

Now that we've jumped in the shit with them, can we shut up about it and get back to preparing to win the next three games please. 

I would contend that kneeling is never a good way to fight to fight oppression or injustice. American football players doing it though, definately had an impact and it made sense in that context as it goes across all that saluting the flag crap the yanks go in for. I'd have preferred a Black Panther style salute myself, but I can see why they might not want to make that association.

People outside the USA doing it is just silly posturing. However, Scotland by doing it at the game against England, totally makes the whole thing go away - the media would've made a big thing of Scotland not doing it otherwise. Now we can ignore it and get on with the game.

As long as they play well and hopefully win the game - they can do cartwheels while playing a trumpet at the start if they like.

52 minutes ago, slasher said:

When we start dealing with our own problems maybe we can teach others. Until then, pipe down and shut the fuck up! 

Virtue signaling can carry on or not regardless. It's probably counter productive. 

Good point. What should we do to fight sectarianism? Hop on one leg? 

Have the SFA dictated that the players go down on one knee? If so, without each individual making their own choice, it’s a joke……. a woke joke 😏

if we are doing it to get it richt up the noses of the english support….. even the vocal knuckle dragging minority…. then go for it, get it richt up ‘em. Obviously racism is serious, but pishing about with pathetic gestures isn’t changing anything …… it’s just pishing about. So it comes full circle and either way this doesn’t matter.