Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just standing there does nothing to highlight the fight against racial inequality.  I would have liked us to have formed some manner of demonstration. Linking arms with the opposition would have been a powerful gesture. Perhaps a warm up top with an anti-racist message. Or holding up a sign before kick off, or when the captains exchange tokens. 

England's battle with their racist support and their player's highlighted stance of taking a knee just makes it look like we are being contrary and our players perceived as bigots. I feel the majority of players may well have ceded to a couple of more vocal voices in the group who are against taking a knee, to the detriment of the group.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LeightonsRicketts said:

Just standing there does nothing to highlight the fight against racial inequality.  I would have liked us to have formed some manner of demonstration. Linking arms with the opposition would have been a powerful gesture. Perhaps a warm up top with an anti-racist message. Or holding up a sign before kick off, or when the captains exchange tokens. 

England's battle with their racist support and their player's highlighted stance of taking a knee just makes it look like we are being contrary and our players perceived as bigots. I feel the majority of players may well have ceded to a couple of more vocal voices in the group who are against taking a knee, to the detriment of the group.

I’d rather we played football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LeightonsRicketts said:

Just standing there does nothing to highlight the fight against racial inequality.  I would have liked us to have formed some manner of demonstration. Linking arms with the opposition would have been a powerful gesture. Perhaps a warm up top with an anti-racist message. Or holding up a sign before kick off, or when the captains exchange tokens. 

England's battle with their racist support and their player's highlighted stance of taking a knee just makes it look like we are being contrary and our players perceived as bigots. I feel the majority of players may well have ceded to a couple of more vocal voices in the group who are against taking a knee, to the detriment of the group.

It’s not really that straightforward though is it?

Plenty of black people are against taking the knee. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LeightonsRicketts said:

You'll be telling us you have a black friend next and that all lives matter. 🙄

Pardon me?

Are you Taylor in disguise? 

If you think it’s as simple as your post above then you really don’t understand the issue at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LeightonsRicketts said:

"Let folk stand if they want "

 

You are clearly not a steward in the North Stand at Hampden.

I think we should be showing solidarity with those who face racism. I think we should take the knee. Not gonna “go in a strop” about it but strongly feel it’s the right thing to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, duncan II said:

I think we should be showing solidarity with those who face racism. I think we should take the knee. Not gonna “go in a strop” about it but strongly feel it’s the right thing to do.

You'd think Forrest would be all for it as it would be the first time in his career he is the same height as everyone else in a team photo!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kneeing good. Standing bad. Etc etc  

If you stand, you must be x, anyone this simplistic shouldn’t be allowed out in public.   It’s achieved bugger all, it’s nothing more than a token exercise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Kneeing good. Standing bad. Etc etc  

If you stand, you must be x, anyone this simplistic shouldn’t be allowed out in public.   It’s achieved bugger all, it’s nothing more than a token exercise. 

Correct. The point has been made about George Floyd. And if it offends wokeists, too bad. It’s all about freedom of expression. It’s got to a point where if you don’t take a knee then you are in cahoots with Tommy Robinson and his band of arse wipes 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Pardon me?

Are you Taylor in disguise? 

If you think it’s as simple as your post above then you really don’t understand the issue at all. 

Exactly this. Another moron eagerly waiting by the keyboard to denounce everyone as a racist.

Glad we're taking the common sense approach and steering clear of pledging allegiance to the incredibly divisive BLM and instead standing up to racism.

How many more years to the FA want England to do this? One more year? Two years? Infinitely?

The simple fact is that, at least in the UK, the gesture is associated with an organisation who loathe our culture, our values and have routinely trashed our war memorials. Having had a family member serve and lose their life defending our values, and seeing BLM morons graffiti the Cenotaph was an image I'll never forget.

Stand up to racism rather than bow down to these thugs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...