"Official" Euro 2020 Song- We Can Win - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

"Official" Euro 2020 Song- We Can Win

9 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Nice one !

unfortunately the build up is usually the high point of our tournaments….

i really hope this one is different 

but like many still mentally scarred from Allys 78 ; can we win

Aye, many folk thought Ally was a weirdo for thinking we could actually win the World Cup back in 78 right?

47 minutes ago, Mackstar1990 said:

Aye, many folk thought Ally was a weirdo for thinking we could actually win the World Cup back in 78 right?

I was only 12 ; but think was more he had the whole nation amped up

think he actually said we ‘d finish thereabouts ; medal positions … not sure actual quote ; but he was definitely the fall guy - along with a certain west brom winger ……

we did have a good south american tour the year before - 1-1 in argentina; 4-2 win in chile and 2-0 loss to brazil

strong opinion that we peaked early and he relied on too many past there sell by date 

Their sell by date 

souness brought in for dutch game tho

Mcqueen was a big loss ; and kenny burns didnt seem to show his notts forest form - as a  dons fan , stuart kennedy was also mince ; and joe harper got nod ( sub ) over derek johnstone who was banging them in

i read a really good book about it and very strong divisions between anglos / old firm / the provincials

at least we seem to have got past that aspect with real squad harmony

10 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Their sell by date 

souness brought in for dutch game tho

Mcqueen was a big loss ; and kenny burns didnt seem to show his notts forest form - as a  dons fan , stuart kennedy was also mince ; and joe harper got nod ( sub ) over derek johnstone who was banging them in

i read a really good book about it and very strong divisions between anglos / old firm / the provincials

at least we seem to have got past that aspect with real squad harmony

I'm an Aberdeen fan as well like. I can imagine that has been problem in the past with the scotland team with the Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen cliques. I know Lampard, Gerrard and Rio Ferdinand had talked about cliques being part of the reason why England's so called Golden Generation failed.

I rewrote part of the song, obviously had to rewrite the "Need some kicks from Lee Griffiths" part - 

2 hours ago, Mackstar1990 said:

I'm an Aberdeen fan as well like. I can imagine that has been problem in the past with the scotland team with the Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen cliques. I know Lampard, Gerrard and Rio Ferdinand had talked about cliques being part of the reason why England's so called Golden Generation failed.

I rewrote part of the song, obviously had to rewrite the "Need some kicks from Lee Griffiths" part - 

Cheers mate will watch update later

am doing a bit of work this morning as need a “halfer” tomorrow- altho 7am ko here ….

kids are into rap so let them see too …. Although most of the references be lost on them

aye , saw the golden generation chat recently on you tube , makes sense - i dont think that stuff was analyzed much in the past / and typically being on the lash was a bonding experience 

fingers crossed the thumb in red next season

1 hour ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Cheers mate will watch update later

am doing a bit of work this morning as need a “halfer” tomorrow- altho 7am ko here ….

kids are into rap so let them see too …. Although most of the references be lost on them

aye , saw the golden generation chat recently on you tube , makes sense - i dont think that stuff was analyzed much in the past / and typically being on the lash was a bonding experience 

fingers crossed the thumb in red next season

No worries pal. Had to give Ryan Jack a shout out on the song, he’s an old school pal of mine. We both went to St Machar Academy. The Scotland team will really miss him. The very first game when I went for trials in the school team I was playing centre back alongside him. It probably took me a month or two to realise that he was really going to go on to be something. At St Machar we were very fortunate to have a great headmaster called Lenny Taylor who was also our football coach, was also the youth team coach for Aberdeen back in the Fergie years.