Swally/Food in Wembley? - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Swally/Food in Wembley?

SPONGEY

9 minutes ago, SPONGEY said:

Hi all, does anyone know if it’s the same rules in Wembley as it is hampden? Will food and drink be available? Especially beer!

Unless they change their minds in the next few days the food and drinks kiosks will be open at Wembley and there should be beer available although I haven’t seen this confirmed anywhere. 

I have seen it mentioned in a few news articles recently that Hampden will be the only stadium where beer won’t be available.    That was before it was confirmed Hampden will be the only stadium where no food kiosks will be open at all. 🙄

1 hour ago, SPONGEY said:

Hi all, does anyone know if it’s the same rules in Wembley as it is hampden? Will food and drink be available? Especially beer!

You’ll no be buying it anyway!!

26 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

Was carlsberg for last 2 matches I was at down there. Just over 3%.

Probs bud light this time with their sponsorships.

It will be Heineken. It’s the official beer of the tournament and the only beer that can be sold at games. 

3 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

I thought there was no booze at the stadium? Just an assumption, mind.

Hampden is the only stadium in the whole tournament where you can’t buy booze. Or anything at all really apart from UEFA merchandise. 

5 minutes ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Phew. 
but I’m not an alky or anything.

😂😂😂

My entry time for Wembley is 5:30-6:00 so I’m happy you can get a alcohol there. Would have been brutal sitting for 2.5 without a pint. Not keen on the price I’ve seen quoted though - £10.50 for a pie and a pint allegedly. I’m hoping the pie is £8. 😂

On 6/12/2021 at 1:28 AM, jailender said:

A whole 2.5 hours without a pint!! How can anybody manage that?

I didn’t say I couldn’t manage it. It would be incredibly boring and having a pint or 2 would help with that. 

People are pretty much expected to sit in their seat (apart from going to the toilet or buying a Euro 2020 mug for £15 or whatever) from the minute they enter Hampden until full time. If you would rather that than being able to get some refreshments then that’s up to you.  

Edited by Texas Pete