Predict the last 16 - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Predict the last 16

15 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Are you sitting comfortably?  

I've put a fiver on England to win as a jinx and been sending offside rule tutorials to Werner over Twitter for the best part of a week but aside from that it's cross your fingers/ clench the sphincter time! 

🤣🤣

I can see THEM winning today........I really hope I am wrong today.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

🤣🤣

I can see THEM winning today........I really hope I am wrong today.

Looks like you were right, unfortunately. 🤦‍♂️

I can see them getting to the semis now at the very least.

Germany were shocking. Pedestrian, lethargic, going through the motions - they got what they deserved out of the game. England clearly wanted it more.

How can one country consistently have a favourable draw?

They will get to the final and we have to hope whoever gets through from the tougher half of the draw turns up for the final.

It wid gie ye the dry boak.

1 hour ago, stirlish said:

How can one country consistently have a favourable draw?

They will get to the final and we have to hope whoever gets through from the tougher half of the draw turns up for the final.

It wid gie ye the dry boak.

I didn't think they'd ever get an easier run-in than 2018, but they couldn't have asked for an easier route to the final than this. 

To only have to beat Ukraine - a team I'd fancy our chances against (possibly) - and the Czechs or Denmark - at home - to reach a major final - also at home - is the stuff of dreams.

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I've found a convenient excuse to not go🤣

'I'd love come down the Red Lion for piss warm overpriced Carling but I'm worried if I hear Jermaine Jenas attempting to be insightful, or Martin Keown simply having a go at speech itself, I may rip off my arm and start beating the other patrons with the bloody end as Three Lions and World in Motion repeat on loop providing a Tarentino-eque ironic soundtrack to the ensuing fully justifiable mayhem.  Since I've only had one jab though it wouldn't be prudent of me in a pandemic to commence jamming the plasma sodden end of my severed limb up the rectal passage of anyone I suspect of being a bit gammony whilst screaming spittle in their crimson faces "do you call a place you've been once in almost a century home dick head?"   Instead stay safe, protect the NHS, save lives'  

18 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

'I'd love come down the Red Lion for piss warm overpriced Carling but I'm worried if I hear Jermaine Jenas attempting to be insightful, or Martin Keown simply having a go at speech itself, I may rip off my arm and start beating the other patrons with the bloody end as Three Lions and World in Motion repeat on loop providing a Tarentino-eque ironic soundtrack to the ensuing fully justifiable mayhem.  Since I've only had one jab though it wouldn't be prudent of me in a pandemic to commence jamming the plasma sodden end of my severed limb up the rectal passage of anyone I suspect of being a bit gammony whilst screaming spittle in their crimson faces "do you call a place you've been once in almost a century home dick head?"   Instead stay safe, protect the NHS, save lives'  

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣