Predict the last 16 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Predict the last 16

With the Euros almost upon us I thought it would be a bit of fun to try and predict the 16 teams that will emerge from the groups. With only 8 teams being eliminated at this stage everyone should feel optimistic about getting out of the group. 4 points will get you through and occasionally 3 points are enough as if memory serves Portugal got through their group in 2016 with 3 points and ended up winning the whole tournament. Anyway have a go if you like and post your predictions, it might give us a bit of extra interest as the group matches are unfolding.

my attempt

Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, Austria, Ukraine, England, Scotland, Croatia, Spain, Sweden, France, Portugal, Germany.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, morrie21 said:

Ok, last 16 begins today. Let's pick the 8 who will advance to the quarter-finals.

Denmark, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Croatia, France, England and Sweden are my shouts. What say you?

Wales, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, France, Germany and Sweden 

On 6/26/2021 at 7:02 PM, vanderark14 said:

Shut-up VDA14 what the fuck do you know 🤣

Mrs has booked an AirBnB down south the weekend of the final and I'm beginning to get a really twitchy arse how their sides of the draw is opening up.  'Staying home, staying home - Thistle's staying home!' 

40 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Mrs has booked an AirBnB down south the weekend of the final and I'm beginning to get a really twitchy arse how their sides of the draw is opening up.  'Staying home, staying home - Thistle's staying home!' 

I think I'd prefer to eat my own shyte than watch them in the final.

4 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Mrs has booked an AirBnB down south the weekend of the final and I'm beginning to get a really twitchy arse how their sides of the draw is opening up.  'Staying home, staying home - Thistle's staying 

I live on South East England, I've got a day out this weekend with a couple of friends, they've booked a sports bar. I had no idea England would be playing this saturday if they beat Germany on Tuesday. 

Come on te fuck Germany 🇩🇪

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I live on South East England, I've got a day out this weekend with a couple of friends, they've booked a sports bar. I had no idea England would be playing this saturday if they beat Germany on Tuesday. 

Have your friends got someplace booked for the semi final and the final as well?

42 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

There is a YouTube german cover of 'Yes Sir I can Boogie' that will be ringing around my house tomorrow especially if it involves penalties.  Oh shit just Imagine though if Southgate puts Germany out on penos - fuck me it'll be horrendous!!  

1 hour ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Only just read the bbc match reports

does this game have a chance of rivalling belgium v soviet union world cup 86 as “best game” ….

Aye, possibly although it's hard to just games from different eras. But I would say there isn't much in it. Neither of those are the best one ever IMHO, though.

On 6/28/2021 at 3:53 PM, vanderark14 said:

Are you sitting comfortably?  

I've put a fiver on England to win as a jinx and been sending offside rule tutorials to Werner over Twitter for the best part of a week but aside from that it's cross your fingers/ clench the sphincter time!