Team vs Czech’s - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team vs Czech’s

Guest Scot1

8 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I do watch the games but never knew he started that many. My point is if taverneir is fit he won't get much game time.

Yeah I pointed that out in another thread as well. He won’t be our first choice RB or right wing back next season unless he goes out on loan (doubtful as Rangers would need to replace him) or Tavernier leaves Rangers which is also unlikely or if Tavernier picks up another serious injury.

Most people want Clarke to start Patterson ahead of O’Donnell on Monday but Patterson hasn’t started a game since the 18th of April. Patterson is really in the squad as back up for O’Donnell but he does of course have the chance to change Clarke’s mind on that. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Yeah I pointed that out in another thread as well. He won’t be our first choice RB or right wing back next season unless he goes out on loan (doubtful as Rangers would need to replace him) or Tavernier leaves Rangers which is also unlikely or if Tavernier picks up another serious injury.

Most people want Clarke to start Patterson ahead of O’Donnell on Monday but Patterson hasn’t started a game since the 18th of April. Patterson is really in the squad as back up for O’Donnell but he does of course have the chance to change Clarke’s mind on that. 

He has played as a right winger almost for the U21s, so may get some time in a similar role at Rangers. In any case, I think he will get games in the cup competitions or as a sub - much more so than last year.

7 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

He has played as a right winger almost for the U21s, so may get some time in a similar role at Rangers. In any case, I think he will get games in the cup competitions or as a sub - much more so than last year.

I doubt he’ll play more at RB next season than he did this season for Rangers. He had an extended run in the team with Tavernier being out which is what brought him to people’s attention. I also doubt he’ll play anywhere else for Rangers unless they have injury problems in other areas of the pitch that he could cover. Even if he does play the odd cup game or come on as a sub  that’s unlikely to make him first choice for Scotland. 

I would imagine Tavernier will move on from Rangers in a couple of years and Patterson will replace him. If that happens then he’ll definitely be a starter for Scotland as well.  

24 minutes ago, fringo said:

I didn't want to start a new topic, but why are the Scotland squad based in Darlington and not in Scotland ?

I believe Croatia & Czech Republic were the first to sign up to base their teams in Scotland. Presumably because they automatically qualified they were able to get first dibs. I believe the Czechs took the Oriam one. Scotland then took Middlesborough/Darlington. Probably because it has better facilities than the 3rd best available in Scotland.

Croatia & Czech Republic then changed their minds and decided to stay at home after UEFA warned them of what would happen to the squad in Scotland if they had positive cases.

The Edinburgh and St.Andrews facilities will be sitting empty now. Presumably it would be too much hastle for Scotland to change their plans at such short notice.

Edited by paper_lion

22 minutes ago, paper_lion said:

I believe Croatia & Czech Republic were the first to sign up to base their teams in Scotland. Presumably because they automatically qualified they were able to get first dibs. I believe the Czechs took the Oriam one. Scotland then took Middlesborough/Darlington. Probably because it has better facilities than the 3rd best available in Scotland.

Croatia & Czech Republic then changed their minds and decided to stay at home after UEFA warned them of what would happen to the squad in Scotland if they had positive cases.

The Edinburgh and St.Andrews facilities will be sitting empty now. Presumably it would be too much hastle for Scotland to change their plans at such short notice.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, paper_lion said:

Yes I agree. 

Also I feel it is beneficial as it gives the players are more relaxed build up away from the glare of Scottish media hyping things up. They will be out of that down there where the media will be focussing on England.

3 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I doubt he’ll play more at RB next season than he did this season for Rangers. He had an extended run in the team with Tavernier being out which is what brought him to people’s attention. I also doubt he’ll play anywhere else for Rangers unless they have injury problems in other areas of the pitch that he could cover. Even if he does play the odd cup game or come on as a sub  that’s unlikely to make him first choice for Scotland. 

I would imagine Tavernier will move on from Rangers in a couple of years and Patterson will replace him. If that happens then he’ll definitely be a starter for Scotland as well.  

I think Patterson is more likely to leave Rangers than Tavernier. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is this summer. 

8 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I think Patterson is more likely to leave Rangers than Tavernier. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is this summer. 

Unlikely. Unless he sets the Euros alight and attracts some big offers. 

21 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes I agree. 

Also I feel it is beneficial as it gives the players are more relaxed build up away from the glare of Scottish media hyping things up. They will be out of that down there where the media will be focussing on England.

That might have been true the last time Scotland were in the Euros, but does it apply today? Players will have lots of free time where they'll sit reading their social media. Hell, i bet some of them even end up looking at the TAMB! ;)

Marshall

Hanley Cooper KT

So’D.                                 Robbo

Mctominay Mcgregor 
                  McGinn    

Dykes       Adams

Thats how I think we’ll lineup but wouldn’t be surprised to see Christie over Adams.

2 hours ago, paper_lion said:

Plus Middlesborough’s training ground is right across the road from the hotel, all in the same complex.

The only other option I read late last year was staying at Mar Hall and using Murray Park (or whatever its called now) but that meant a drive every day. 

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

think he could do a job at a club like hearts.  Likely to get first team action

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

think he could do a job at a club like hearts.  Likely to get first team action

Unless he goes on loan to Hearts there’s no chance he’ll go there. Hearts (or probably any other Scottish Premiership club apart from Celtic) couldn’t afford him. 

2 hours ago, Dave78 said:

That might have been true the last time Scotland were in the Euros, but does it apply today? Players will have lots of free time where they'll sit reading their social media. Hell, i bet some of them even end up looking at the TAMB! ;)

God, I hope not. Though they'd probably get more constructive feedback on here than perusing the toxic waste that is the comments on Twitter.

On the most part, at least recently, we are all fairly positive. It very rarely gets personal, unlike what you see on other forums and social media. Most of the disagreements are healthy disputes over who should and shouldn't start. The depth we have is insane and I'd trust all 26 players to put their heart and soul into this tournament. Every single one of them are there on merit, and we were just about all in agreement with the squad selection.

How Clarke can pick just 11 on Monday is beyond me.

11 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Still a big step up from 'the goldfish bowl' treatment they would have received if based in Scotland.

9 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

God, I hope not. Though they'd probably get more constructive feedback on here than perusing the toxic waste that is the comments on Twitter.

On the most part, at least recently, we are all fairly positive. It very rarely gets personal, unlike what you see on other forums and social media. Most of the disagreements are healthy disputes over who should and shouldn't start. The depth we have is insane and I'd trust all 26 players to put their heart and soul into this tournament. Every single one of them are there on merit, and we were just about all in agreement with the squad selection.

How Clarke can pick just 11 on Monday is beyond me.

😂 thats no got ‘disclaimer’ written all over it at all .

Would be a bit ironic if a Scotland player took the board down given all the trolls that have been trying so hard to do it 😁

3 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I've just got everything crossed that no-one returns to the camp and tests positive :ph34r:

Yes that is important. However, not the end of it as they would return a negative test as they mat be in the incubation period and so may not show up as positive for another seven days.

8 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes that is important. However, not the end of it as they would return a negative test as they mat be in the incubation period and so may not show up as positive for another seven days.

Even worse! :o

31 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Indeed. We can only hope they families were responsible enough to make sure they'd all been tested a week before the visit.

I get that a lot of these guys are fathers, and seeing their children could be the elixir they need going into the tournament. As with everything pandemic related, if you use common sense, you will be fine. But we are relying on probably hundreds of people being responsible. Fingers, toes, arms and eyes crossed. Losing Fleck was bad enough.

Edited by Tartan blood

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 thats no got ‘disclaimer’ written all over it at all .

Would be a bit ironic if a Scotland player took the board down given all the trolls that have been trying so hard to do it 😁

😂 I did nearly go back and check my post history to see if I had said anything too cutting. But I think I generally just point out things players lack, that they could work on. 

It is important to remember this and all social media is a public forum and there are real people on the other side that can be affected by this. Some more than others.