Lateral flow test - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lateral flow test

Mushet84

Does anyone know if we need to produce a lateral flow test to obtain enter at Wembley? 

My English colleague was at Middlesbrough for the last English home friendly and had to produce one and is under the belief this has to be done for our game at Wembley.  He has got me concerned as I have not ordered any but I also cannot see anything on the UEFA or SFA website to advise this will be needed.

I hope I'm panicking about nothing but any advise would be appreciated.

44 minutes ago, YesTA said:

According to what? Can't remember seeing this mentioned when I bought the ticket?

It wasn’t confirmed when we bought our tickets. Looks like it was only confirmed today. 

You either need a negative lateral flow test or proof you have had 2 doses of the vaccine if your second dose was more than 2 weeks ago. 

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

No it doesn’t. 

C2AB3AE6-50DB-4C68-A626-2EA7A5F0D63C.jpeg

Thank you for this info, I could not find it but now I have ordered my test.  Thank God my friend brought it up about it being needed for the England game @ Middlesbrough.  He said they were fairly strict with this but not so much showing any Id.  Also there was no Food Kiosk open and people were allowed in with unopened bottle but were made to throw them away if they were opened.  There was no pat down's but small bags were being checked (for alcohol etc) and tables were set out for you to empty the bags upside down and put your own belongings back in.

Just now, Mushet84 said:

Thank you for this info, I could not find it but now I have ordered my test.  Thank God my friend brought it up about it being needed for the England game @ Middlesbrough.  He said they were fairly strict with this but not so much showing any Id.  Also there was no Food Kiosk open and people were allowed in with unopened bottle but were made to throw them away if they were opened.  There was no pat down's but small bags were being checked (for alcohol etc) and tables were set out for you to empty the bags upside down and put your own belongings back in.

I think UEFA will probably send an email about it. They can’t expect people to rely on forums like this or checking their website for late updates like this. 

I don’t think they will let us into Hampden with unopened bottles but possibly Wembley although I’m pretty sure the food kiosks will be open in Wembley. 

At least we can still go to the games. That’s the main thing. 

Just got an email from UEFA.

They apologised for being the biggest bunch of charlatans since Houdini and admitted their genitals were non-functional, prompting their poor behaviour. They then stated....

Mandatory Stadium Entry Requirements For Wembley Stadium Ticket Holders

Mandatory stadium entry requirements are in place for all ticket holders with tickets for the group matches (13, 18 and 22 June) at Wembley Stadium. Procedures for the remaining EURO 2020 matches in London may change and will be confirmed shortly.

Wembley Stadium entry

You must demonstrate you are at a low-risk of transmitting COVID-19. All ticket holders aged 11 or older must show evidence of one of the following to be allowed entry to Wembley Stadium:

• For ticket holders based in the UK
    • Proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test (LFT), reported and demonstrated via a text message or email from NHS Test and Trace. The test needs to be taken within 48 hours of the time stadium gates open (meaning three hours before match kick-off).
    • Or proof of full vaccination - both doses received at least 14 days prior to the match (demonstrated via the NHS App or via the Scottish or Welsh vaccination record services).

• For ticket holders based elsewhere:
    • Proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test (LFT), reported and demonstrated via a text message or email from NHS Test and Trace. The test needs to be taken within 48 hours of the time stadium gates open (meaning three hours before match kick-off).Any other test results, e.g. a PCR test result from a private company, will not be accepted and entry will be denied. 

Failure to provide one of these forms of evidence will mean you are unable to enter the stadium.

NHS Lateral Flow Test (LFT)

• The test needs to be taken within 48 hours of the time gates open (meaning three hours before kick-off).
  • All tests will be self-administered.
  • The results of the Lateral Flow Tests need to be uploaded using the NHS self-report tool, whether you are a UK resident or a ticket holder from abroad.
  • You must show proof of your negative test result (text message or email) upon entry to the stadium. This can be on your device or a printout.
  • The Lateral Flow Tests for stadium entry are free of charge.

Options available for ticket holders:

1. At Home testing (Recommended)

UK residents (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) can order Lateral Flow Tests for home delivery online.

2. Asymptomatic Testing Site (ATS) testing

Alternatively, you can go to an ATS to take your test. Find a test site on this website. Apply filters under the heading “test site for people without symptoms”. You will need to book an appointment. If you’re an international ticket holder and unsure which ATS to pick, check out the list of recommended sites.

3. Lateral Flow Test - Collect

Another option is to visit a Test Collect Site or pharmacy to collect your Lateral Flow Tests for self-testing.

Remember if you’re an international ticket holder who is required to quarantine, you can only visit an ATS site, Test Collect Site or pharmacy once you’ve completed your quarantine period.

Example text message or email:

NHS%20Screen%20example%201.jpg

Vaccine Certification

If you live in England, you can see your vaccination status via the NHS App.

Please note the ‘NHS App’ is different to the ‘NHS COVID-19’ app.

• If you have been vaccinated against COVID-19, you can show your certification on the NHS app when entering the stadium.
  • Ticket holders are required to have had both vaccine doses at least 14 days prior to attending their match.
  • From 10 June - select the “Share your COVID-19 status service” on the homepage, then select "Attending an event as part of a trial? Use the test service.” This is currently a test (beta) service and you will be required to enter the passcode ‘euros’ (not case sensitive) in the app.
  • In order to use the NHS App you must be registered with a GP in England and over 16 years of age.
  • Keep in mind you will need to download and register for the NHS App, prove your identity and check your vaccination status BEFORE travelling to Wembley Stadium. This process may take up to 7 days, so we recommend you do this as soon as possible before attending the match, however on average this is completed in a quicker time frame.
  • You need to check if your vaccination data is correct in the NHS App. If you need help, you can check the official website for detailed instructions.
  • A step by step guide on how to find your ‘COVID-19 event status’ within the app from 10 June is available.

Example screen:

NHS%20Screen%20example%202.png

If you live in Scotland, you can obtain your vaccination status on this website.

If you live in Wales, you can request your vaccination status by following these instructions. It can take up to 10 working days for a certificate to arrive.

At this stage, there is no process for residents of Northern Ireland to evidence their vaccination status.

All ticket holders should expect queues at the entrances to the stadium.

You must arrive in the entry time slot indicated on your match ticket.

The UK Government is working with UEFA and The FA to explore all possible ways of allowing greater numbers of fans to return to stadia as safely and efficiently as possible. As such, these events require proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test, or proof of vaccine via the NHS App.

Safer Travel Guidance

See here for government advice of how to travel safely to the venue.

Please see here for EURO 2020 matchday travel information.

International Attendees

See here for travel guidance for international attendees.

A message from UK Government Event Participation

EURO 2020 matches being played at Wembley Stadium on June 13 and June 18 will be part of the UK Government’s ongoing Events Research Programme. As well as requiring attendees to meet the conditions above, ventilation and behavioural studies will also be conducted at these events. The UK government may ask UEFA to contact ticket holders after the event to complete a survey and volunteer to take part in an interview about their experience.

While steps are being taken to minimise risk of infection from COVID-19, attendance at this event is at your own risk. It is your responsibility to decide whether or not it is appropriate for you to attend this event. This decision should be based upon your own health status and susceptibility to infection, and that of members of your family, social bubble or, where applicable, your support bubble, together with an assessment of your own attitude to the potential risks.

Please refer to the UEFA Ticketing Terms and Conditions and the UEFA Ticketing FAQs on the conditions for transferring tickets.

For details on Data Privacy please see here

I’ve had both doses of the vaccine despite only being 46. I’m currently submitting endless proof of ID on the NHS App to try and get hold of my proof of vaccination. 

Very high volume on the site so I’m still waiting for them to accept that I am me. 

22 hours ago, Leg-End said:

Very high volume on the site so I’m still waiting for them to accept that I am me. 

Hopefully you're sorted now - It was similar for me earlier today - Tried again an hour or so ago and they confirmed access within 10/15 mins

The 'Test Event' link will appear from tomorrow

All in all reasonably straightforward to navigate

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/event-guide/london/stadium/

edit - that was weird. It looked like no-one had replied, then I post that and all the other replies appeared.

Anyway, there’s an outside chance I may be going now, so hope it all works. Am consoling myself with the opinion that if I find it difficult to understand, I won’t be the only one!

Edited by Duncan Blackheart