Negative test needed for Wembley - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Negative test needed for Wembley

Squirrelhumper

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

What a monumental pain in the fucking arse this is turning out to be. 

That’s what I thought at first but it’s not as bad as I first feared. At least we don’t need to go to a test centre to get poked and prodded. 

Edited by Texas Pete

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Marky said:

Are people sure about this.

I thought when you registered a lateral flow test you simply got a response acknowledging that you had logged your result. As opposed to confirmation of a negative test.

Are folk sure that you’re not required to have a actual formal test. 
Otherwise you could just lie and say your test was negative when it wasn’t.

I do realise that would be a cuntable thing to do, but depends how desperate some folk are to get to the game. 

The formal PCR test is only needed if you return a positive lateral flow test. 

Its is heavily reliant on folk being very honest.

Edited by bossman4

TBF guys it’s a piece of piss. Take the test, register the test online, you are texted and emailed within about 30 seconds. Take said text/email to Wembley. 

The reaction to me just shows how many people don’t take lateral flow tests regularly.

As a husband to a teacher and father to two school aged kids we have been encouraged to test twice weekly and have been for a couple of months now. It’s in an effort to wheedle out the asymptomatic people in the population. 

J

18 minutes ago, Marky said:

Are people sure about this.

I thought when you registered a lateral flow test you simply got a response acknowledging that you had logged your result. As opposed to confirmation of a negative test.

Are folk sure that you’re not required to have a actual formal test. 
Otherwise you could just lie and say your test was negative when it wasn’t.

I do realise that would be a cuntable thing to do, but depends how desperate some folk are to get to the game. 

The website also states further down that the tests are self administered so there’s no need to go to a test centre for a PCR test or anything more formal. 

A686F68C-1423-47FA-A071-80AE9A1A1170.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

TBF guys it’s a piece of piss. Take the test, register the test online, you are texted and emailed within about 30 seconds. Take said text/email to Wembley. 

The reaction to me just shows how many people don’t take lateral flow tests regularly.

As a husband to a teacher and father to two school aged kids we have been encouraged to test twice weekly and have been for a couple of months now. It’s in an effort to wheedle out the asymptomatic people in the population. 

J

People (like me) who don’t work with the public (or close to anyone at the moment as I’m working from home) aren’t really encouraged to take them. Not to any great degree anyway. Nobody has ever suggested I take one. 

To be fair the lateral flow tests are so unreliable I’m not sure they are much of a benefit to anyone. 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

People (like me) who don’t work with the public (or close to anyone at the moment as I’m working from home) aren’t really encouraged to take them. Not to any great degree anyway. Nobody has ever suggested I take one. 

To be fair the lateral flow tests are so unreliable I’m not sure they are much of a benefit to anyone. 

It’s the Swiss cheese model of safety management. If they pick up 50% of asymptomatic cases then that’s 50% that don’t spread. Layer on top of that social distancing, WFH (me), vaccines and it’s the way out of this.

J

1 minute ago, Bristolhibby said:

It’s the Swiss cheese model of safety management. If they pick up 50% of asymptomatic cases then that’s 50% that don’t spread. Layer on top of that social distancing, WFH (me), vaccines and it’s the way out of this.

J

Fair point but it’s more the false positives that are a pain with people having to self isolate when they don’t have the virus. I’m sure that puts some people off.  If everyone in the country was doing them twice per week then the Royal Mail (or whoever delivers them) would be ridiculously busy. 

Every little helps though I suppose. 

42 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

If it stops a good few people who have the virus from going then it will do some good surely? 

Even if someone tests positive though, it's entirely on trust as to whether they declare it or not. 

All these covid measures (the test, the time slot, closing food stalls etc) feel like token gestures to me. 

1 minute ago, Dodger said:

Even if someone tests positive though, it's entirely on trust as to whether they declare it or not. 

All these covid measures (the test, the time slot, closing food stalls etc) feel like token gestures to me. 

Well yes but say 100 people test positive next week and 50 declare it honestly and 50 lie. At least 50 people who have the virus will stay at home who would otherwise have traveled to London going to pubs and restaurants, travelling on public transport and going into a stadium with thousands of others. 

The food kiosk situation hasn’t been officially confirmed yet as far as I know. 

2 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

Don’t disagree - just need to wonder how many will do the test once received.

Most people I should think even if it’s just out of curiosity.  How many that test positive will be honest though? 

Surely a lot of the guys on this forum will have had two vaccinations,so will just show that on the nhs app.Everyone seems to be talking about having to take tests.Can't believe i'm the only guy who is going and has two vaccinatioons.

7 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Surely a lot of the guys on this forum will have had two vaccinations,so will just show that on the nhs app.Everyone seems to be talking about having to take tests.Can't believe i'm the only guy who is going and has two vaccinatioons.

Most people who have had 2 vaccinations will be over 50. 

There are lots of people on here that are younger than that. Not that taking a lateral flow test is much of a hassle. 

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Speak for yourself. I've no even had my first yet!

55 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Speak for yourself. I've no even had my first yet!

Och take it as a compliment.

The appointment for my second jag just came through. 2.15 pm on 14 June . Naw thanks . 

I’ve had two jabs and a bout covid back in December, my son will need to LFT.  I sent away for a pack of these LFT Kits a couple of weeks back but haven’t used any. Guess my son can just use one out that pack next Wednesday night ? How quick do they send the email to say your negative and are they reliable and accurate ?  

8 minutes ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

I’ve had two jabs and a bout covid back in December, my son will need to LFT.  I sent away for a pack of these LFT Kits a couple of weeks back but haven’t used any. Guess my son can just use one out that pack next Wednesday night ? How quick do they send the email to say your negative and are they reliable and accurate ?  

Apparently they take around 30 seconds to get text / email after submitting  

The Lateral Flow tests are no bother at all and as others have said, once you enter the result into the website you get a text & email within seconds.  

If anyone really can’t be bothered with it then I’ll gladly take any Wembley ticket that’s going. 😜

Yeah the text/email is pretty instant.  I'm doing a couple of these a week just now, they are easy to do - but not pleasant......unless you like gagging and things stuck up your nose(each to their own!?).

The 30 min wait time between doing the test and the result is the most nervous time of the week!