Luxembourg game thread - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Luxembourg game thread

gkm_vancouver

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

He should. What on earth is the point of these challenges in a friendly, especially after they have one off already. 

Just now, thesaint said:

Shocking.Imagine losing Gilmour to one of those  wankers assualting him.Arseholes.

The referee should have sent him off then had a word with their manager to remind his players this is a warm up match for major tournament.

It was a needless and stupid challenge 

1 minute ago, Burj_Alba said:

Typical Scotland not breaking down the defence in a game like this. Thank God there are no wee shitey teams at the Euros. 😄

1 minute ago, Burj_Alba said:

Typical Scotland not breaking down the defence in a game like this. Thank God there are no wee shitey teams at the Euros. 😄

The attempts at goal have been absolute gash.Easier to score than miss.

Gilmour is an extraordinary talent.

He was only on the field for 30 minutes but he was my man of the match.

He has to start the Euros. His range of passing is world class and the speed in which he does things... amazing.

Callum McGregor is good, but he can't pass a ball longer than 5-10 yards. He is what he is.

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Forrest has received 3 through balls so far but completely mis-read them all. 

I think this Scotland squad has out grown him 

The pass he got from Paterson on the box, fcuk sake he just passed it back to him, he should be turning in the box, most passes he gets in Scotland games he just passes it back instead of taking players on, 

Getting the win was important for morale. We created a lot of chances which is a plus. But we missed some golden chances which is the big minus of the day. Also we look shaky defending set pieces and that old awful habit reared its head again in the 65th minute. Rodriguez picked up the ball midway inside our half and nobody shut him down or pressurised him. He ran forward to 20 yards out and got away a shot unchallenged. Thankfully, it was way off target but the better sides score from situations like that.

Gilmour impressed in his short time on the pitch and I must admit I'd be tempted to start him against the Czechs. Patterson looked good on the attack a little less so defending. A lot to be pleased about but one or two worrying things too.

Bit of a frustrating game. We played some good stuff but our finishing was poor. Adams was a bit unlucky to have his second goal chalked off though, I thought, but we're not going to get so many chances in a major tournament game.

Gilmour looked excellent when he came on, a real cut above. Such a shame he came off but I can understand why - there are much bigger fish to fry next week.