Luxembourg game thread - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Luxembourg game thread

gkm_vancouver

Just now, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

It's a red card but I kind of wish he just got a yellow.

Ruins any competitiveness of the game and makes it harder to have a proper assessment of players.

Think as long as we get through this without injury then that is a result.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

2 goals now for Che in 4 caps

Have we found a bloody striker?🤣

Hope so,but remember who he has scored against.The Faroe Islands and Luxembourg.Certainly good to see him scoring,and he can only score against whoever we have played.Here's hoping he can keep it up when we play against better teams.

Guest Scot1

I’d like to see us hold onto the ball more, move them around and out of position, especially now they are down to 10 men

Guest Scot1
Just now, er yir macaroon said:

McGregor has been good in the first half but might as well take him off, along with Robertson, Tierney and maybe O’Donnell. 

He’s been decent, I’d like to see Gilmour on 2nd half

Guest Scot1
1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

Well done Che. :)

This is one of the things that annoys me about McTominay. I love him but he's quite inconsistent. 

He’s having to break his stride when picking up the ball on the left hand side

3 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Hope so,but remember who he has scored against.The Faroe Islands and Luxembourg.Certainly good to see him scoring,and he can only score against whoever we have played.Here's hoping he can keep it up when we play against better teams.

It doesn't matter to me who he scores against as long as he keeps it up.

4 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Valid comment. Thought he’s scored against Man City and Chelsea this season (?) doesn’t make him a World beater yet . 
Oor Che , Yes 👁

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Feels a bit disjointed, not getting Robertson and O’Donnell high enough. Mctominay looks uncomfortable. 

That's what I was thinking. I'm not sure why he's playing on the left of midfield; possibly to counter the physical presence of Rodrigues.  Either way, he doesn't look as effective as normal.

It is too early to get carried away by Che Adams. Yes he took his first Scotland goal well but it was against The Faroes. Today's goal was laid on a plate by Dykes, and even then it was directed close to the keeper who maybe should have saved it. Before his goal he completely fluffed a header from great Tierney cross which was on the money. I have watched Adams a lot with Sothampton and yet to be convinced he is international class. Also he is never a lone striker as with Southampton he supports Ings, and how often do Scotland play with 2 strikers? In the tournament proper, if Scotland play a single striker I would much prefer to see Dykes or Nisbet.

Guest Scot1
Just now, vanderark14 said:

I'd like to that plus gilmour on for mcrgegor 

I’m hoping Gilmour gets the 2nd half

Just now, scotlad said:

That's what I was thinking. I'm not sure why he's playing on the left of midfield; possibly to counter the physical presence of Rodrigues.  Either way, he doesn't look as effective as normal.

I thought he was poor in Israel and even against Austria he wasn’t great. 

2 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

I’d like to see Patterson on, we’ve not really had anything going on down the right 

Yeah haven't really seen O'Donnell in this game. Hasn't been poor or that, just not involved.

Patterson also desperately needs minutes. Hasn't played in a while.

I'd also give McGregor, Robertson, Tierney, etc a break. There's little point in playing them now that Luxembourg are down to 10 men.

2 minutes ago, HighlandScot said:

It is too early to get carried away by Che Adams. Yes he took his first Scotland goal well but it was against The Faroes. Today's goal was laid on a plate by Dykes, and even then it was directed close to the keeper who maybe should have saved it. Before his goal he completely fluffed a header from great Tierney cross which was on the money. I have watched Adams a lot with Sothampton and yet to be convinced he is international class. Also he is never a lone striker as with Southampton he supports Ings, and how often do Scotland play with 2 strikers? In the tournament proper, if Scotland play a single striker I would much prefer to see Dykes or Nisbet.

Fuckin hell, what a way to pick the negatives in the lads performance. 

Scotland are playing with two forwards tonight and they have done for the last few matches so feck knows where you get the idea he will be a lone striker.

He's done everything asked of him.so far and nobody is getting carried away.

1 minute ago, HighlandScot said:

Just after Adams missed the header I got a notification from The Uefa app saying 0-1 Scotland, Adams.
I thought wft, they have got this wrong. 30 secs later Adams scores. I was on a delay with Now TV 🙄
Agree that the keeper should have done better.

Dykes has been great.