Leicester Sq - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Leicester Sq

GaryWood34

1 hour ago, Wirralwoollyback said:

Bouncing ? You do realise you can’t get a drink unless you are seated at a table and waitress served ? Also Westminster now has a strict policy re drinking open containers in the street ? 

This is misleading. You can drink alcohol anywhere in the City of Westminster. All the PSPO states is you must surrender your alcohol to the police when requested.

It’s so the police can confiscate booze from pished people making as arse of themselves. Anyone behaving reasonably and having a few beers in public will be fine. This is how it should be everywhere. 

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

This is misleading. You can drink alcohol anywhere in the City of Westminster. All the PSPO states is you must surrender your alcohol to the police when requested.

It’s so the police can confiscate booze from pished people making as arse of themselves. Anyone behaving reasonably and having a few beers in public will be fine. This is how it should be everywhere. 

Beat me to it. I've walked past police several times while drinking a beer on sunny days down here and they don't bat an eyelid. If you're mooning in yer kilt with a bottle of Bucky going everywhere, that's a different story...... 

10 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Thanks for the clarity.

Never had an issue down there before. 

Read a few threads:

Pubs - loads booked up in the outlaying areas, but in the West End they are less strict.

• If I was coming to London, I'd head for Leicester Square, and get a carry out from the Tesco on Haymarket!
  • If they close Leicester Square (they won't), I'd saunter along to Piccadilly, which is EVEN closer to that Tescos :)
  • If they close Piccadilly (they won't),, I'd walk into Soho and go to Soho Square for a wee lay down to deal with all the cans I've necked from Tesco.

If I had kids I'd maybe go to Southbank, and get into somewhere around there, but not many showing match as mostly restaurants. 

Southbank, by the wheel is really really busy these days, at the moment it's busier than Piccadilly. There's also a beer "garden" thing, and rakes and rakes of places to eat. As it's outside Westminster they don't police it half as much as central.

LONG STORY SHORT:
GO TO THE WEST END ...and head to the southbank for food in the day/late night

Showing 90% chance of rain down here for Fri-Sun. 

It's been unreal weather down here last week or so and as I type this, it's sunny and 25 degrees. Couldn't make it up 😂 

Seems to be that Hyde Park has become the new Trafalgar Sq, at least for this trip. Depends where you're staying, but if you are heading for Hyde Pk then stock up on drink as the nearest shops are a bit of a walk away. There are toilets in the park but it's 50p to enter (they take contactless cards).

Edited by Callumdonia