School note excuses - Scotland v Czech Republic - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

School note excuses

What’s everyone thinking to get the youngsters home?

Im thinking a note along the lines of:

To whom it may concern

Im not gonna lie to you, Matthew will not be in school this afternoon as he’ll be at home with me watching the Scotland game. 

He will return tomorrow as long as he’s not too hungover. 

Regards

For Spain 82, my dad, who was always blunt and straight to the point, just told the school, as the exams where finished, and we usually sat about the school, doing feck all for the whole of June, me and my sister, where going to the world cup instead, end of story.

The schools answer was , Aye fine Mr Auldgit, thanks for letting us know, and we'll see them back in August.

Try that one now, and I don't think the education authorites, would be as understanding.

4 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I'm putting the game on in class. They'll get the first half then run home for the second. It's a genuine once in a generation event. And we are using the Euros as a learning context. 😎. They'll be allocated a country to study and produce a fact file on 👍

How would you react if the kid who gets England comes back with a one word fact file - "Bawbags"?

I'm putting the game on in class. They'll get the first half then run home for the second. It's a genuine once in a generation event. And we are using the Euros as a learning context. 😎. They'll be allocated a country to study and produce a fact file on 👍

And, another thing. 

Do teachers finish work at 14:45 these days? And folk wonder why kids leave school without being able to read and right. 

The SFA have actually done a good job (I know, I know...) of producing resources for learning. 

C05E3FAC-D6F9-4ADF-ACD7-B299E910EEFF.png

Is there anything in there that would help the Tidys negotiate their way into Hampden? I think they might be in need of some help.

6 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

The SFA have actually done a good job (I know, I know...) of producing resources for learning. 

C05E3FAC-D6F9-4ADF-ACD7-B299E910EEFF.png

‘Learn about popular dishes’ .

Will you be whipping up some Tapas and Haggis bon bons for the weans ?   

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Is there anything in there that would help the Tidys negotiate their way into Hampden? I think they might be in need of some help.

😁 You are not wrong. After yesterday’s email from Uefa telling me to simply ‘enter the stadium, I got an email from the SSC today telling me to ask Uefa .

I am just glad the game is at 2pm and not 5pm as it is going to be difficult enough to negotiate our way in sober ....ish. 

6 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

‘Run home’ .

Bit of exercise thrown in there too Mr Teacher of the Year 👍

7 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

That's a great idea - we had the same when I was down south for Italia 90.  I wanted Scotland but the teacher gave me Soviet Union - tricky one that for a ten year old to fit in one quadrant of a mixed material craft montage :)

15 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Indian giver. Are we allowed to say that?

Dont ask me, you’re the teacher. 

If we can still  say ‘Elephant in the Room’  I suppose we can still say Indian Giver. 

11 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Apparently it can be insulting to the indigenous people of what is now the USA. Interesting historical contexts there, having just had a wee look. I won't be using that phrase again.

👍 
 I wouldn’t have considered it an offensive thing to say , I thought it was simply connected to a tradition.  Every day’s  a school day .

I am pretty sure you can find an alternative,  politically correct way to offend me 😊