Ticket Transfers - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Transfers

Miggins

Anyone know how to transfer a mobile ticket? I will not be able to make the Croatia game now due to a work thing. I bought my tix through travel club and it says they’re non transferable, but terms n conditions state that it can be done if sick. Anyone tried this? 

28 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Anyone know how to transfer a mobile ticket? I will not be able to make the Croatia game now due to a work thing. I bought my tix through travel club and it says they’re non transferable, but terms n conditions state that it can be done if sick. Anyone tried this? 

You have to do it in the Euros ticket app.  There’s an option to Keep or Transfer your ticket. 

41 minutes ago, Miggins said:

If you bought through the UEFA Ballot you can transfer your ticket,  As you procured through the SSC the ticket is non transferable.  Albeit you can get in touch with the SSC as in this case they are the official national participating nation direct to see if they would take it back and offer you a full refund. as each fan club for each different country will follow different principles and rules this is a way out for UEFA to not get involved in last minute changes. 

It would be worth phoning/emailing the SSC and they would potentially refund you and re-issue the ticket to someone on enough points/waiting queue.  I lost out on a couple ballot(s) before and at a later date phoned to ask if they have had any refunded tickets and been successful. 

If you only want to transfer to a family/friend member it would be risky encase they check the passport or Id's match up and you look different or it is a Steward actually taking it serious,  Also you may have to potentially give him/her your phone for the day to get into the match to use the App.

Alternatively PHONE A SICKIE, TAKE A SLAP ON THE WRISTS AND ENJOY LIFE. 

29 minutes ago, Mushet84 said:

If you bought through the UEFA Ballot you can transfer your ticket,  As you procured through the SSC the ticket is non transferable.  Albeit you can get in touch with the SSC as in this case they are the official national participating nation direct to see if they would take it back and offer you a full refund. as each fan club for each different country will follow different principles and rules this is a way out for UEFA to not get involved in last minute changes. 

It would be worth phoning/emailing the SSC and they would potentially refund you and re-issue the ticket to someone on enough points/waiting queue.  I lost out on a couple ballot(s) before and at a later date phoned to ask if they have had any refunded tickets and been successful. 

If you only want to transfer to a family/friend member it would be risky encase they check the passport or Id's match up and you look different or it is a Steward actually taking it serious,  Also you may have to potentially give him/her your phone for the day to get into the match to use the App.

I bought a ticket for my husband and I using  our individual links but using my phone. Both tickets automatically ended up in my account. I was just going to transfer his ticket to him to have on his phone as there is the functionality to do this. Is this going to be a problem ? 

Any tickets purchased through the SSC cannot be transferred.

Any tickets bought through the ballot can be transferred (have done this).

It's very simple. Make sure your recipient has the Euro 2020 Tickets app on their phone, put in their email address and the ticket appears in their portal immediately. 

The only way around it would be to give the person your actual phone. I dont condone this by the way but think that's the only way. The app doesn't work by a log in system - it works by recognising your phone. Screenshots are not an option as the ticket is only validated when close to the stadium. 

10 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I bought a ticket for my husband and I using  our individual links but using my phone. Both tickets automatically ended up in my account. I was just going to transfer his ticket to him to have on his phone as there is the functionality to do this. Is this going to be a problem ? 

Nah you'll be fine. You can click on the ticket and it will ask for you for the persons details - 100% wont be an issue.

Enjoy the game! :)

58 minutes ago, Mushet84 said:

How can the SSC process a refund if the ticket was bought directly from UEFA? 

3 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

How can the SSC process a refund if the ticket was bought directly from UEFA? 

Valid point i never thought of,  I suspect if he can't pass his phone onto whom wants the ticket and he can't go then it would be an empty seat.

3 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

Any tickets purchased through the SSC cannot be transferred.

Any tickets bought through the ballot can be transferred (have done this).

It's very simple. Make sure your recipient has the Euro 2020 Tickets app on their phone, put in their email address and the ticket appears in their portal immediately. 

The only way around it would be to give the person your actual phone. I dont condone this by the way but think that's the only way. The app doesn't work by a log in system - it works by recognising your phone. Screenshots are not an option as the ticket is only validated when close to the stadium. 

I don’t think this is accurate. How on earth would they know if it was your phone or not? 

Just now, Texas Pete said:

I don’t think this is accurate. How on earth would they know if it was your phone or not? 

It's a guess however we had to download the app and put in a verifications code. So if you downloaded it on another phone and logged in - not sure that would work as your account is elsewhere. 

Just now, GaryWood34 said:

It's a guess however we had to download the app and put in a verifications code. So if you downloaded it on another phone and logged in - not sure that would work as your account is elsewhere. 

It would work just fine. What if you had to get a new phone? 

Just now, GaryWood34 said:

I mean having it on two phones

Maybe it would work like you say. It’s a guess. 

I’m not sure if the system would be that sophisticated to be honest. Even if you can’t be logged in on more than one phone at a time there are ways around everything.

The first person wouldn’t need to have the app on their phone at the time of the match if they weren’t going for example. 

Looks like we need to bring ID to the matches though so even if you do manage to go with someone else’s ticket you might not get it if the stewards are checking IDs properly.