Drinks for the early timeslots - Scotland v Czech Republic - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Drinks for the early timeslots

19 hours ago, af12345 said:

Got 11-1130 entry for Hampden, apart from the Shed any suggestions of places serving for folk having to go to ground early? Contacted number 10 and ivory but don't have license to sell alcohol until 11am

The Shed is the same unfortunately. They advertised 09:30 but when my mate contacted them they confirmed no Alcohol until 11am

If you are expecting any pre-match entertainment, then I wouldn’t hold your breath on that. I did 6 games at Euro 16 in France. Clearly UEFA had total control at each and every stadium over what the pre-match ‘entertainment’ comprised. Basically there was nothing until just before the teams came out. Then you got a relatively short routine (exact same at every game), with flag waving kids, dancing/running in circles, out to the corner flag, another couple of circles, back to the centre etc. It maybe lasted 5 minutes or thereabouts. Again that very same routine was replicated at every single game.

The biggest ‘excitement’ was the stadium commentator doing a 10 second countdown prior to the starting whistle, with the crowd counting in unison. It really was pathetic, especially when you see how much money Uefa were pulling in for the tickets, food, drinks etc. If maybe different in 2021, who knows. But just to be safe, if you really are wanting pre-match entertainment to keep you amused for 2 hours, I’d take a crossword puzzle with you.

Yeh I am getting a bad feeling it will be sitting around doing nowt for about two hours.

I am living in hope there is something within the perimiters but not going to hold my breath.

On 6/3/2021 at 5:00 PM, Super Gran said:

What are folk meant to do in the stadium for 2 and a half hours or more before kick off? I haven't heard anything about pre-match entertainment or anything.

Well we could sing?

Or to paraphrase Tidy...

Clap, clap,

Clap, clap, clap,

Clap, clap, clap, clap,

Hmm-mmh!

If I attempt to take a Kindle or a hardback copy of Sense & Sensibility, War & Peace or The Bible in with me will it be binned at the turnstile?

Sorry SG, got carried away!

On 6/3/2021 at 5:00 PM, Super Gran said:

What are folk meant to do in the stadium for 2 and a half hours or more before kick off? I haven't heard anything about pre-match entertainment or anything.

Exactly my thoughts, I usually turn up just in time for ko.. going to need to take a fkin book or something! 😆

2 hours ago, Rents said:

So it’s a free bottle of water then. Still pleased to be getting a game but sitting about for 2 hours doing nothing is a bit excessive. 

Where did you hear that? Someone else posted about it but I can’t find anything about it. 

1 hour ago, Bzzzz said:

Exactly my thoughts, I usually turn up just in time for ko.. going to need to take a fkin book or something! 😆

You might not get in with a book in case you hurl it at the ref or something.  Especially if it’s a hardback. 😂

On 6/4/2021 at 9:49 PM, Grim Jim said:

Well we could sing?

Or to paraphrase Tidy...

Clap, clap,

Clap, clap, clap,

Clap, clap, clap, clap,

Hmm-mmh!

If I attempt to take a Kindle or a hardback copy of Sense & Sensibility, War & Peace or The Bible in with me will it be binned at the turnstile?

Sorry SG, got carried away!

😁

Are binoculars allowed in ? If so we could all wear a mask that looks like our avatar pic and play a game of ‘spot the TAMBer’ . 

On 6/3/2021 at 1:29 PM, Lion Rampant said:

The only place that would sell alcohol prior to 11am is probably a Wetherspoons in town, where you'd probably have to buy a full breakfast along with a pint.

This was in "normal" times so not sure how Covid impacts this.

Been there before a semi final with Hibs, you could get a pint, Jäger what ever but needed to order food. Ordered drinks with bacon roll chasers. 

Ended up with a pile of 20 bacon rolls in the middle of the table.

J