An Eye On Our Euro 2020 Opponents - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

An Eye On Our Euro 2020 Opponents

Caledonian Craig

Pretty much agree with this. The Croatia game reminds of the Serbia game, a team from the Balkans who are ranked higher than us. I thought in that game we had a chance if we scored first, similar situation on Tuesday.

Whatever happens, if we put in a performance like we did against England, I’ll be happy, even if it’s not enough. Obviously disappointed, but content that we gave it a good shot and went out with a bit of pride.

You have to remember where we were not too long ago. We finished 9 points behind second in our qualifying group, needed to scrape through two penalty shoot-outs, couldn’t score in 2 hours of football against Israel, etc.

I’m sure this team is going to improve over the next few years, all our best players are a good age, Gilmour slotted in effortlessly. It might be too much to make the World Cup but knockout stages in the next Euros is definitely achievable.

Would love a goal or two on Tuesday though.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Dave78 said:

To be fair, i've been doing that on WhatsApp today to all the mates who said we'd get gubbed.

Taylor/TDK/etc has been pretty much spot on since the Euros started IMO. He's having a good tournament

He is often right and he clearly has an obsession with football but there's being right and there's being a smug prick about it. 

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He is often right and he clearly has an obsession with football but there's being right and there's being a smug prick about it. 

:ok: Spot on.

This is our first tournament on the TAMB and a bunch of us are making a determined effort to have some decent banter for this historic occasion. What we don't need is the kind of inane pathetic smart-arse drivel that is more suited to the now totally spoilt Football Related thread. Who gives a flying feck if someone was right 3 months or 4 years ago, let's just have some threads that don't get spoilt and continue to put him on ignore and other people off the forum totally:banghead: :banghead:

Just now, gkm_vancouver said:

:ok: Spot on.

This is our first tournament on the TAMB and a bunch of us are making a determined effort to have some decent banter for this historic occasion. What we don't need is the kind of inane pathetic smart-arse drivel that is more suited to the now totally spoilt Football Related thread. Who gives a flying feck if someone was right 3 months or 4 years ago, let's just have some threads that don't get spoilt and continue to put him on ignore and other people off the forum totally:banghead: :banghead:

Said it better than me mate 👍🏻👍🏻