Entry Time Slot - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Entry Time Slot

podgers1903

38 minutes ago, podgers1903 said:

I re typed the email myself hence the odd spelling error, but that was word for word, how do you upload a screen shot and i'll upload it

In that case I apologise mate, but I couldn't resist.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Jamessm238 said:

I mean it literally as you’ve described. Show your ticket to the steward whom taps it then you tap it at the turnstile. It’s probably easier than when there’s an actual member ripping part of it off and handing it back to you through a tiny screen.

You're overestimating the tech/thinking capacity of a Scotland crowd though James.   Some old codgers took 3 days to find the correct app with which to download our tickets (sober).   Don't ask.   Just don't :wacko:

14 hours ago, podgers1903 said:

I re typed the email myself hence the odd spelling error, but that was word for word, how do you upload a screen shot and i'll upload it

It was funny, in a good way. The ‘crows’ instantly made me think of Schitts Creek, the funniest programme I have seen in a while. 
I thought it had come from the SSC not UEFA and was not surprised at the spelling as they sometimes have obvious spelling mistakes in their emails. 
It seems to be hit or miss if you have the capability to load a screenshot on here. Some people have the functionality others dont. 
If you ever want to try,  you just need to save your screenshot , start your post ,  then click the ‘add files’ button with the paper clip as in the bottom this pic . 

D360304D-88CF-4237-A07A-3EC8E0707635.thumb.jpeg.16a7d6b69945ef8b5fa941ecce424d68.jpeg

Then hit ‘photo library’ ( you might be able to take the screenshot at that time but I always save it to my photos first ) 

477DC228-BCAF-4A74-A52D-41DD1F2B94CF.jpeg.51185da7fb6b712feed23a584762dcd1.jpeg

Then tap on the photo you want to post . A blue tick will appear on the photo and then hit ‘add’ in the top right corner.

It should then load the pic to your post. 
This is with an iphone right enough, have no idea if it’s different with an android phone. 

14 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

You're overestimating the tech/thinking capacity of a Scotland crowd though James.   Some old codgers took 3 days to find the correct app with which to download our tickets (sober).   Don't ask.   Just don't :wacko:

If the ticket barriers at Central Station each day are anything to go by its not just elderly Scotland fans and technology thats a problem. But the phones will cause a bigger issue.
I still dont know how I am getting in. I cant seem to transfer my ticket so I have both tickets on my phone. How do both of us get through the barrier when I have both tickets on my phone? Will I have to pass my phone back to my husband or with there be the capability of tapping 2 people through at the one time ? 

9 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

If the ticket barriers at Central Station each day are anything to go by its not just elderly Scotland fans and technology thats a problem. But the phones will cause a bigger issue.
I still dont know how I am getting in. I cant seem to transfer my ticket so I have both tickets on my phone. How do both of us get through the barrier when I have both tickets on my phone? Will I have to pass my phone back to my husband or with there be the capability of tapping 2 people through at the one time ? 

thats what I do with airline tickets for me and my wife (cos she can't be trusted with a ticket).

but can you pass a phone through a turnstile these days? I thought they were all full length cages these days.

8 minutes ago, stirlish said:

thats what I do with airline tickets for me and my wife (cos she can't be trusted with a ticket).

but can you pass a phone through a turnstile these days? I thought they were all full length cages these days.

I dont know if you can pass it through. I think there are gaps in the metal but that would be a bit of a palaver .  
I have emailed the SSC and also UEFA as I cant find anything that explains what you do with 2 tickets on the one phone. Just the video on how to transfer the tickets,  but I dont have that option, I originally thought i did but I dont. 
I will not hold my breath on a reply from UEFA right enough, this is the automatic email I got. 

103CB42F-96DF-4479-A4EC-7C8BB5E334AD.jpeg.1d472ce27f52988ae3a348c526e25aee.jpeg
Sadly, no mention of crows either 😕

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I dont know if you can pass it through. I think there are gaps in the metal but that would be a bit of a palaver .  
I have emailed the SSC and also UEFA as I cant find anything that explains what you do with 2 tickets on the one phone. Just the video on how to transfer the tickets,  but I dont have that option, I originally thought i did but I dont. 
I will not hold my breath on a reply from UEFA right enough, this is the automatic email I got. 

103CB42F-96DF-4479-A4EC-7C8BB5E334AD.jpeg.1d472ce27f52988ae3a348c526e25aee.jpeg
Sadly, no mention of crows either 😕

This is from the ticket FAQs in the website. It seems to suggest you can keep your tickets on the one phone as long as you are using the same turnstile. 

You shouldn’t need to pass your phone through the turnstile. Just hand it back to your husband immediately after you scan it and then go through. 

I’m sure the stewards will help you if there’s an issue. You won’t be the only person in this position I’m sure. 

A9EB19AD-6D7C-417E-A3EF-F82A22553F07.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

This is from the ticket FAQs in the website. It seems to suggest you can keep your tickets on the one phone as long as you are using the same turnstile. 

You shouldn’t need to pass your phone through the turnstile. Just hand it back to your husband immediately after you scan it and then go through. 

I’m sure the stewards will help you if there’s an issue. You won’t be the only person in this position I’m sure. 

A9EB19AD-6D7C-417E-A3EF-F82A22553F07.jpeg

Thanks. Thats sounds straightforward enough 🤞 We are only 4 seats apart so will go through the same turnstile. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Thanks. Thats sounds straightforward enough 🤞 We are only 4 seats apart so will go through the same turnstile. 

Just make sure that you go in first in case there are any problems. If he's not in by kick off time just give him a running commentary over the phone.

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

It was funny, in a good way. The ‘crows’ instantly made me think of Schitts Creek, the funniest programme I have seen in a while. 
I thought it had come from the SSC not UEFA and was not surprised at the spelling as they sometimes have obvious spelling mistakes in their emails. 
It seems to be hit or miss if you have the capability to load a screenshot on here. Some people have the functionality others dont. 
If you ever want to try,  you just need to save your screenshot , start your post ,  then click the ‘add files’ button with the paper clip as in the bottom this pic . 

D360304D-88CF-4237-A07A-3EC8E0707635.thumb.jpeg.16a7d6b69945ef8b5fa941ecce424d68.jpeg

Then hit ‘photo library’ ( you might be able to take the screenshot at that time but I always save it to my photos first ) 

477DC228-BCAF-4A74-A52D-41DD1F2B94CF.jpeg.51185da7fb6b712feed23a584762dcd1.jpeg

Then tap on the photo you want to post . A blue tick will appear on the photo and then hit ‘add’ in the top right corner.

It should then load the pic to your post. 
This is with an iphone right enough, have no idea if it’s different with an android phone. 

Check you out giving out the technical advice. 🤣

51 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Just make sure that you go in first in case there are any problems. If he's not in by kick off time just give him a running commentary over the phone.

He is still moaning about the cost of ticket and the fact we are only in the North stand. Think he was expecting to be in the dugout for 160 quid. If he could flog both me and the ticket for £ 150 I am pretty sure he would. 

47 minutes ago, Marky said:

Check you out giving out the technical advice. 🤣

😂 I know ! I was quite impressed with that. If podgers is now able to post a pic this may go down as my greatest contribution to this board after the Entertainment in Isolation thread. 

8 minutes ago, chardie10 said:

Received this from uefa earlier...20210605_173752.thumb.jpg.1a4b56f499ec7c78a432b7f0d4fd39d4.jpg

If this becomes common knowledge there will be a bottleneck in the last 30 mins.
It would be better if they could give fans some incentive to go in early. Being in a tournament for the first time in 23 yrs is brilliant but hanging about in the ground for 2 1/2 hrs beforehand is a bit of a dampener when people could be with friends in a lively atmosphere.

As if the entry time isnt bad enough I have just heard there will be no food OR drink stalls open inside the stadium. You will be given a bottle of water on entry and will be allowed to take in an energy bar.
On the other hand there will be a UEFA merchandise stall open. 

10 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

As if the entry time isnt bad enough I have just heard there will be no food OR drink stalls open inside the stadium. You will be given a bottle of water on entry and will be allowed to take in an energy bar.
On the other hand there will be a UEFA merchandise stall open. 

Where did you hear that? According to the UEFA website there will be food and drink kiosks that will take contactless payments. 

Not that I’m planning on spending any money in Hampden but I’m not sure they can expect people to go 5 hours on a bottle of water. 

54 minutes ago, Stuart07 said:

Has anyone heard whether or not we’ll need to show proof of a negative covid test? Hampden or the Wembley game?! 

No. Certainly not for Hampden anyway. I think the UEFA website stated they aren’t sure about Wembley yet but that was a couple of weeks ago. It would be a bit late to spring that on people now surely? 

5 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Where did you hear that? According to the UEFA website there will be food and drink kiosks that will take contactless payments. 

Not that I’m planning on spending any money in Hampden but I’m not sure they can expect people to go 5 hours on a bottle of water. 

I heard that there was a meeting on 3 june between various bodies including Glasgow City Council/ Uefa / various football representatives and that this was the decision. I believe an MSP is challenging  this on behalf of concerned fans.  

It sounds outrageous but I have no reason to doubt the source. Will confirm if I hear anymore. 

8 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I heard that there was a meeting on 3 june between various bodies including Glasgow City Council/ Uefa / various football representatives and that this was the decision. I believe an MSP is challenging  this on behalf of concerned fans.  

It sounds outrageous but I have no reason to doubt the source. Will confirm if I hear anymore. 

Seems odd that it isn’t public knowledge. I wonder who the concerned fans are?

I know a Glasgow City Councillor so I’ll do a bit of digging. 

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

👍

As far as my councillor mate knows there should be food and drink stalls in the stadium as normal with markings and arrows on the floor for social distancing reasons and he hasn’t heard of anything to the contrary. There is a meeting about the fan zone at Glasgow Green next week but that’s all he can see.

He did say just because he doesn’t know doesn’t mean it’s not true but that bottles wouldn’t be allowed in the stadium so that part of it least shouldn’t be true. He’s going to ask some questions and get back to me but it will probably be Monday. 

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

As far as my councillor mate knows there should be food and drink stalls in the stadium as normal with markings and arrows on the floor for social distancing reasons and he hasn’t heard of anything to the contrary. There is a meeting about the fan zone at Glasgow Green next week but that’s all he can see.

He did say just because he doesn’t know doesn’t mean it’s not true but that bottles wouldn’t be allowed in the stadium so that part of it least shouldn’t be true. He’s going to ask some questions and get back to me but it will probably be Monday. 

Cheers. If I get an update   (  hopefully dismissing the information) I will post something.