Entry Time Slot - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Entry Time Slot

podgers1903

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Yeah but a jobsworth steward/copper might have something to say if they see you sooking on your Capri Sun. 

what if we all take them in and bring them out at the same time, they canny chuck us all out 😁

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, TDYER63 said:

what if we all take them in and bring them out at the same time, they canny chuck us all out 😁

Good point. We should all take one in and poke the straw in at a pre-determined time.

It could go down in history as the Capri Sun Revolt. 

13 minutes ago, stirlish said:

this is Somerville Drive today.

my sister lives there and is raging at the wee path they have left to Asda Toryglen 😂

my question is, who owns that walkway:  SFA, QP or the council?

received_191549709533932.jpeg

received_138239478274887.jpeg

I am wondering 2 things. 

1. Why do they feel the need to fence off large areas?

2. What is that shadow of in the bottom picture? 🤔

20 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

To be honest...  I understand completely the concerns of fans with health issues that are worried about having no kiosk.

However for the vast majority is it that big a deal to take in a capri sun and a bag of mccoys if you're needing something that badly. It's 5 hours. We all go 5 hours from lunch to dinner most days. 

Yes they should be open, yes it's silly they're closed but the furore on social media makes almost no sense to me. 

We are going to an actual football match. If you'd told me that Scotland would qualify, be playing at Hampden and I'd be there for all 3 matches I'd have taken 3 months in solitary confinement at Barlinnie to watch it. Never mind 2/3 hours wandering around Hampden taking it all in. 

A bit of perspective perhaps. 

Reports are that any food or drink is prohibited. If you have kids, that is difficult enough. But what if you are diabetic, hypoglycaemia, have psychological conditions around food. If it's an incredibly hot day, then dehydration comes into effect, with even more risk to the elderly or those with preexisting health conditions. 

People are not frustrated that they "can't have a pie". They are concerned that an illogical regulation preventing the possession of your own drink/snack is prohibited, but you can buy a Euro 2020 souvenir pencil from a kiosk, which is little help if someone has a diabetic episode.

Essentially,  someone with a clipboard who enjoys listening to The Lighthouse Family has made a headscratching decision and we are frustrated as we can give them the boot in the haw maws they deserve. 

22 hours ago, stirlish said:

this is Somerville Drive today.

my sister lives there and is raging at the wee path they have left to Asda Toryglen 😂

my question is, who owns that walkway:  SFA, QP or the council?

received_191549709533932.jpeg

received_138239478274887.jpeg

It's been so long since I've been to Hampden that I have to ask this question - is it possible to get to the east stand from Somerville Drive, or can you only access it by walking past the south stand/aitkenhead road end?

2 minutes ago, Archiesdad said:

I took the wee fella to see Hampden last night.. FFS it's like Guantanamo ...

You cannae get near it

Awfy hard/long way to walk right round.

IMG_20210607_194014373.jpg

I’m really struggling to see the reason behind this. If there was a fan zone round the stadium where you could get a beer or at least a soft drink or something I could see the point. 

We have been holding big matches at Hampden for decades without the need for fences surrounding the stadium.

Do they have merchandise kiosks up inside the perimeter or something? 

On 6/4/2021 at 8:05 PM, Jamessm238 said:

You must admit 3 hours before entry time is an absolute joke and unnecessary? Even if 12000 people turned up between 1-1.30 they’d have absolutely no bother getting everyone in. They manage to get 45k+ people into hampden within an hour when we played england and Slovakia, So even if 1/4 of the turnstiles are open they’ll not struggle in the slightest. UEFA just don’t want too many people standing close to each other in the queue hence the ridiculous entry times

I agree with your last point. Imagine uefa being worried about a global pandemic that’s ready delayed their showcase tournament, when all you’re concerned about is getting as drunk as possible and rocking up at 1:55 expecting to see the game kick off. 

Inconsiderate arseholes that they are 🙄  

3 hours ago, Manno said:

It's been so long since I've been to Hampden that I have to ask this question - is it possible to get to the east stand from Somerville Drive, or can you only access it by walking past the south stand/aitkenhead road end?

yes you can normally walk past the north stand to the east, the temporary fencing may have narrowed that passageway significantly though.

9 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

Email also notes that there will only be 3 entrance points to the outer perimeter of the stadium 

Yeah A, C or D. What happened to B?

Not that it matters but who thinks this stuff up?

21 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

Just had the email from Uefa confirming that the food and drinks stands won't be open on the day of the games. 

Free bottled water available and you take take "a small amount of food" in

Doesn’t actually sound that bad to be fair. You can take sandwiches and stuff in if you do need to eat. 

5 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I’m really struggling to see the reason behind this. If there was a fan zone round the stadium where you could get a beer or at least a soft drink or something I could see the point. 

We have been holding big matches at Hampden for decades without the need for fences surrounding the stadium.

Do they have merchandise kiosks up inside the perimeter or something? 

Seems to be par for the course at major events nowadays. Commonwealth Games was similar. 

Full text of the email for those who haven't received it yet

Important update for your match at Hampden Park stadium

We are excited to welcome back fans to Hampden Park for your EURO 2020 match. It is important to know that although you might have been to Hampden Park stadium before, things won’t be the same for your EURO 2020 match. We thought it would be useful to let you know what to expect for your EURO 2020 experience.

What's New?

The Stadium layout

Hampden Park stadium will not look the same as you are used to. There will be an outer security perimeter around the stadium with three entrances for ticketholders.

Each ticket will have a specific entrance (A, C or D). Use the entrance indicated on your ticket to gain entry to the stadium.

Below we have included a map of how this will look:

GLA_YAH_SPEC.jpg

You should get to the stadium in time for your dedicated 30-minute entry time slot. These slots have been created to follow social distancing guidelines, and we strongly recommend you follow them for a stress-free arrival.

Volkswagen Mobility Makers, our volunteers, will greet you on arrival and assist you through the stadium entry process.

Food & Drink

• As a result of current government COVID-19 safety guidelines in the UK, unfortunately food and drink concession stands within Hampden Park stadium will not be open.
  • Free drinking water will be provided. You will not be able to bring bottles, cans or refillable drinks containers into the stadium.
  • You will be allowed to bring a small amount of food (e.g. sandwiches, snack bars, chocolate bars, crisps, fruit) into the stadium.
  • Please make sure the food is packaged in the clear bags that will be provided at the start of the entry procedures to the stadium.

For more information, please be sure to download the official UEFA EURO 2020 app or visit the Glasgow spectator guide on UEFA.com.

We hope you have a great experience at EURO 2020 at Hampden Park and look forward to welcoming you back to football.

Best regards,

UEFA

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Seems to be par for the course at major events nowadays. Commonwealth Games was similar. 

I just don’t see the benefit to be honest. We'll potentially need to queue twice and there won’t be anything to do outside the stadium once you’re through the security check. Hardly a big deal but it seems odd. 

On 6/6/2021 at 10:06 PM, LeightonsRicketts said:

What happens when everyone needs to pee at half time? Do we have an entry slot to gain access to the toilets. Do you have to pee 1.5 metres away from the next person?

:lol: :lol: Aww, it's going to be just like the old days at Hampden. Only then punters were pishing into an empty can of Tennants Lager/McEwans Export and then not very subtly chucking it on the ground to spill down the terraces and soil the shoes of those in front of them. Happy Days 🥴. Now the trick will be to see if you can do it in an empty water bottle in a sparsely populated ground with a plethora of cameras dotted around to pick out the culprits. How about I-Spy to pass the time and post your photos/videos as a record for posterity in the match thread here?  Euro 2020 > Scotland v Czech Republic > Upload Your Photos

And remember, you could be the lucky ones that are not only watching Scotland in a tourney for the first time in 23 years but could also be there for the first time we ever qualify out of the group stage. Make sure this historic event is captured in the Tartan Army way!:cheers3:

The UEFA notice says 'strongly recommend' so the time slot is guidance not a rule. That said, with only 3 entrances in the ring fence,  ticket needing to be zapped twice, have ID checked and be searched it will be slower than normal.